Zaporozhye State Medical University
Zaporozhye State Medical University (Ukraine)
Zaporozhye State Medical University was established in the year 1903 in south-eastern part of Ukraine. It is located in the city of Zaporozhye which is the capital of Zaporozhye state (“Zaporizhzhia” in Ukrainian). The university offers a low MBBS fees in Ukraine for Indian students who wish to study MBBS abroad. The total MBBS fees in Zaporozhye for 2021 (September) is affordable (Indian Rupees 23.80 Lacs) as compared to other universities in the Ukraine where Indians travel to pursue medical education. The process of MBBS admission in Zaporozhye is simple with minimal documentation (If the student fits in the eligibility criteria).
ZSMU (Zaporozhye) has level IV accreditation in 1994 and has students from more than 42 countries who are pursuing courses in various fields of medicine at undergraduate & post graduate levels. Zaporozhye State Medical University has more than 500 Indian students who are currently studying in English medium MBBS course in Ukraine. Among all the international students studying in Zaporozhye, Indian students comprise the majority of them.
Zaporozhye State Medical University ranks on 16th position (According to Webometrics ranking platform) among all medical colleges in Ukraine that fall under the Ministry of Healthcare of Ukraine. The university is 118 years old and considered one of the most popular & affordable medical universities of Ukraine. It has been more than 15 years when the university started the English medium course of MBBS in Ukraine for Indian students. Today, it is one of the popular choices among Indian students who want to study MBBS in Ukraine in low fees and live in a peaceful & affordable city.
What is the total MBBS fees in Zaporozhye State Medical University ?
- 1st Year : USD 6,500 / INR 4,55,000
- 2nd-6th/Year : USD 5,200 – USD 5,700
- Total Fees : USD 34,000 / INR 23,80000
What is the MBBS eligibility in Zaporozhye State Medical University for Indian students?
The MBBS eligibility in Zaporozhye State Medical University (Ukraine) for admission of Indian students is as below :
- 50% Marks in PCB (In 12th/Inter/Equivalent)
- NEET qualification (2019/2020/2021)
- Minimum 17 years age (Till 31st December)
* Indian students should apply for MBBS admission in Zaporozhye soon as very limited seats are available.
How to apply for MBBS admission in Zaporozhye State Medical University ?
Students from India and other foreign countries can apply for MBBS admission in Zaporozhye through a very simple admission procedure as outlined below :
- Student should submit scans of 10th, 12th/Inter marksheets and NEET qualification (2019/2020/2021).
- University will issue the confirmed admission letter on the basis of documents submitted by candidate.
- Student must submit the scans of valid passport for invitation letter issuance.
- University will issue the invitation letter for study visa & student’s entry to Ukraine.
- Student must submit original marksheets, passport & few additional documents for study visa from embassy.
- We will assist students for currency exchange & ticket booking before departure from India.
- Student groups are organized at airport and they depart in batches from New Delhi (IGI Airport) to Ukraine.
- One of our representatives meets the student group at airport in Ukraine and provides them transport to hostel.
- All formalities of medical checkup, visa extension, contract signing, etc. are completed by our representative in Ukraine.
Is Zaporozhye State Medical University recognized by MCI/NMC & WHO?
Yes, Zaporozhye State Medical University is recognized by MCI/NMC (National Medical Commission) as well as WHO (World Health Organization). This clears 2 major doubts for all students as given below :
- All Indian students who get MBBS admission in Zaporozhye State Medical University (Ukraine) can appear in the MCI Screening Test/FMGE/NExT in India. After passing this test, they can work as a registered medical practitioner in India (Either in the government & private sector).
- These students can appear in the entrance exam of any country for post-graduation as Zaporozhye State Medical University is included in the list of recognized/approved medical colleges in Ukraine published by WHO as per global norms.
What is the ranking of Zaporozhye State Medical University in Ukraine?
Zaporozhye State Medical University ranks on 16th position among all higher medical institutions in Ukraine. It is considered one of the top medical universities of Ukraine that provides medical education in English. A low medical course fees, an affordable lifestyle & a peaceful city atmosphere for education has made it one of the most chosen universities in Ukraine by Indian students.
ZSMU (Zaporozhye) was established in 1903 and is the a 118 years old medical university of Ukraine. The university receives a good number of students from India every year. At present, more than 500 Indian students are pursuing medical education in the Zaporozhye State Medical University. It is one of the best medical colleges of Ukraine that provides medical education to Indian students in English medium.
What is the duration & medium of instruction in Zaporozhye State Medical University ?
The total duration of the MBBS course in Zaporozhye State Medical University is 6 years for Indian students. The exact duration of the course in all government medical universities of Ukraine is 5 years 8 months. This duration is in general considered as 6 years as all foreign students spend full 6 years in Ukraine during their course of medical education. The total course duration includes an internship also that is required for working as a medical practitioner in Ukraine & neighboring countries.
The medium of instruction in Zaporozhye State Medical University for all foreign students is English. All the tests, exams & classes are conducted in English by teachers/professors/doctors for Indians. The university has one of the most experienced and best English-speaking faculty for foreigners. It has been more than 15 years when the MBBS course in English medium was started in Lugansk for Indian students. All medical books by Indian writers are also available in the university libraries and often referred to during classes. This helps the students to be prepared for their MCI Screening Test/FMGE/NExT in India after MBBS from Zaporozhye.
What are the teaching faculties in ZSMU (Zaporozhye)?
The faculties at Zaporozhye State Medical University (Ukraine) that are active at present and provide training to Ukrainian/Russian & foreign (Indian) students are :
- Faculty of Medicine
- Pediatrics Faculty
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Faculty of Pharmacy
- Nursing Faculty
- Preparatory/Language Faculty
- Postgraduate Faculty
The universities provide training in various disciplines for graduate & diploma/specialty courses. The faculty of general medicine is one of the most chosen faculties by Indian students & receives the most number of applications for MBBS admission in Ukraine every year. Several hostels are available to accommodate a large number of Indian students here. The hostels allotted to foreign citizens are much better as compared to the ones that are allotted to local students. Most of the students from India who apply for admission to Zaporozhye State Medical University choose to study in the faculty of general medicine only.
How are classes conducted in ZSMU (Zaporozhye)?
The classes for Indian students in Zaporozhye State Medical University comprise of 12-15 foreign students. These small groups perhaps helps them to learn and understand better. Indians begin their classes with a revision of science subjects and selected medical subjects (Anatomy & Histology) during 1st semester. Apart from this, local language (Ukrainian/Russian) is also taught as a subject from the very beginning. This helps them to start interacting with local people for their their daily activities outside college/university.
During the first 2 years of MBBS course in Zaporozhye , emphasis is given to theoretical subjects. Students attend all of their classes within university campus. From 3rd year onwards, they have to visit hospitals in city and interact with local patients. By this time, Indian students become fluent in local language & do not face any problems in understanding local patients. This makes it easier for them to report back to their professor/doctor in English who evaluates their performance. The time students spend in hospitals for these clinical/practical classes increases with every further year.
What are the hostel facilities in Zaporozhye State Medical University for Indian students?
All hostels for Indian students in Zaporozhye State Medical University are available within the main college campus area. A brief overview of the facilities at hostels is as below :
- Zaporozhye State Medical University hostels are located near the main university campus within walking distance.
- Indian students only have to travel far from hostels when they have to attend classes in hospitals (From the 3rd year onwards).
- Indian students are provided accommodation in government hostels which only have foreign students (Mostly Indians).
- The hostels have facilities of kitchens, laundry, sports hall & reading hall within its premises on each floor.
- It is compulsory for Indian students to stay in a hostel provided by the university during the 1st year of their MBBS in Lugansk.
- From the 2nd year onwards, they can choose to rent a flat/apartment or continue to stay in a university hostel.
- Indian mess facility is available in all hostels of Lugansk State Medical University where they can have breakfast, lunch & dinner.
- The Indian mess is compulsory for all students in 1st year & they can from vegetarian & non-vegetarian options available.
- All the hostels have CCTV surveillance systems & fire alarm safety systems installed for the safety of foreigners.
- Students can choose 2/3/4 seater rooms which have study tables & chairs, beds, bed-sheets, wardrobe, lamps, etc.
- They can also submit an application to hostel administration if they wish to change their room or upgrade it to a 2/3 seater room.
- All Indian festivals like Diwali, Holi & Eid are also celebrated among Indian students with enthusiasm and joy every year in the hostel.
- Lugansk State Medical University organizes annual sports and cultural events for students to showcase their skills & talents.
How is MBBS fees in ZSMU (Zaporozhye) paid by Indian students?
The MBBS fees in Zaporozhye can be paid through 2 methods. First & most widely adopted method is by which the students carry the fees with themselves from India. They purchase US Dollars in Delhi before departure & pay after arrival in Ukraine. Second and the rare one is when the students pays fees through bank loan. As the bank does not provide the loan amount to parent, they ask for the college account number for online transfer. In this method, the candidate must confirm transfer of fees to college immediately after his MBBS admission in Zaporozhye State Medical University.
Why to study MBBS in Zaporozhye State Medical University , Ukraine?
Some of the useful facts which might make it easier for a student to decide about studying MBBS in Zaporozhye State Medical University are as mentioned below :
- Zaporozhye State Medical University ranks 18th position among all medical universities in Ukraine (According to Webometrics).
- It has recognition from MCI/NMC (National Medical Commission) as well as WHO, so the medical degree is valid in the whole world.
- Being a more than 65 years old medical university in Ukraine, Lugansk witnesses a good number of admissions from India every year.
- It is one of the top choices of Indian students for MBBS in the whole of Ukraine due to its low fees & a large number of Indians studying here.
- The university has been training foreign students (Including Indians) in the English medium for more than 15 years now.
- More than 10 batches of Indian students have passed out from the English medium MBBS course at the Lugansk State Medical University.
- The faculty of medicine at LSMU (Lugansk) is highly experienced & skilled in training Indian students in the field of medicine in the English medium.
- Students get ample exposure to clinical & practical sessions by interacting with local patients in hospitals under doctor’s supervision.
- The total MBBS fees in Lugansk State Medical University for English medium course is very low in comparison to other universities in Ukraine.
- Indian mess facility is available in all hostel premises so that students do not have to waste time preparing food themselves.
- MBBS admission in Lugansk State Medical University is quite simple & straightforward with an easily achievable eligibility requirement.
- By the time students complete their medical course, they have full command over another foreign language too i.e. Ukrainian/Russian.
Steps after MBBS fromZaporozhye State Medical University (Ukraine) :
Some of the most important points that all Indian students who graduate after MBBS from Zaporozhye State Medical University, Ukraine must be aware of are :
- All Indian students must appear and qualify for the MCI Screening Test/FMGE/NExT in India after they receive MD (Physician) degree.
- This MD (Physician) degree is equivalent to the MBBS degree in India and has no difference.
- The FMGE (Foreign Medical Graduates Exam)/NeXT (National Exit Test) is organized twice every year i.e. in June & December.
- This is a qualifying exam in online mode and students must score 50% marks to pass it.
- There is no limit to the number of times a student can appear in this exam until he clears it.
- They have to serve a 1-year internship in India after clearing this test in any part of India.
- The students get permanent registration in India once they complete their internship in India.
- Doctors can now either work in government/private hospitals or run their own clinics in India or appear in NEET PG too.
- Doctors who want to pursue further PG education in English-speaking countries can appear in USMLE, PLAB, NZREX, etc.
- Hundreds of Indians from LSMU (Lugansk) have cleared their exams in India & are currently working successfully in India.
About Zaporozhye City :
Zaporozhye (Also known as Zaporizhia) is the capital of the Zaporozhye state of Ukraine and is situated on the bank of Dnieper river. It is located in the south-eastern part of Ukraine and other nearby cities are Dnipro, Donetsk and Kryvyi. The city was earlier known as Aleksandrovsk. The city is of regional and industrial importance with several steel, automobile and aircraft engine manufacturing companies based here. The city has modern infrastructure and is well connected to nearby cities through road, rail and air routes. For transport within the city, trams, trolley buses, buses, vans, taxis are always available.
Being the capital of Zaporozhye state of Ukraine, the city has many higher education institutions and Zaporozhye State Medical University is just one of them. The population of city comprises of majority of Ukrainians and a small number of Russians & others too. The low cost of living and education here attracts a good number of Indian students to study MBBS in Zaporozhye State Medical University every year. The city witnesses moderate winters and a very pleasant summer season with maximum temperature up to +25 to +35 Degrees.
Related Universities :
- Kyiv Medical University of UAFM
- Bukovinian State Medical University
- Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University
- Black Sea National University
- Uzhhorod National University
- Poltava State Medical University
- Donetsk National Medical University
- Sumy State University
- Ternopil National Medical University
- Kharkiv National Medical University
- VN Karazin Kharkiv National University
- Vinnytsia National Medical University
- Bogomolets National Medical University
- Lviv National Medical University
- Taras Shevchenko National University