West Kazakhstan State Medical University
West Kazakhstan State Medical University (Kazakhstan)
West Kazakhstan State Medical Universitywas established in 1997 and is located in the city of Aktobe. The university is named after Marat Ospanov who was a Kazakh politician and took part in the declaration of independence of Kazakhstan. West Kazakhstan Marat Ospanov State Medical University (Aktobe) offers the lowest MBBS fees in Kazakhstan for Indian students who wish to study MBBS abroad. The total MBBS fees in West Kazakhstan for 2021 (September) is very low (Indian Rupees 14.70 Lacs) as compared to most universities. The process of MBBS admission in West Kazakhstan is very straight forward and simple with minimal documentation involved.
West Kazakhstan Marat Ospanov State Medical University functions under the administration of Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan. WKSMU (Aktobe) is one of those higher education institutions of Kazakhstan that receives a good number of Indian students every year for English medium MBBS course in Kazakhstan. The university offers courses at undergraduate, post graduate and doctoral levels in various fields of medical education. Apart from being a preferred destination, the university actively contributes to research and scientific activities in all fields of medicine.
West Kazakhstan State Medical University ranks on 7th position among all medical colleges in Kazakhstan. The low and affordable course fees makes it the most favored place for students from several neighboring countries to choose it for MBBS in Kazakhstan. At present, the university has more than 3,500 students studying in various fields of medicine and hundreds of teachers, doctors, professors, Ph.D’s are engaged in training these students. WKSMU (Aktobe) offers numerous exchange programs with renowned universities of Russia, Ukraine & European countries for the benefit of students.
What is the total MBBS fees in West Kazakhstan State Medical University?
- 1st Year : USD 5,800 / INR 4,06,000
- 2nd-5th/Year : USD 3,800 / INR 2,66,000
- Total Fees : USD 21,000 / INR 14,70,000
What is the MBBS eligibility in West Kazakhstan State Medical University for Indian students?
- 50% Marks in PCB (In 12th/Inter/Equivalent)
- NEET qualification (2019/2020/2021)
- Minimum 17 years age (Till 31st December)
How to apply for MBBS admission in West Kazakhstan State Medical University?
Students from India and other foreign countries can apply for MBBS admission in West Kazakhstan through a very simple admission procedure as outlined below :
- Student should submit scans of 10th, 12th/Inter marksheets and NEET qualification (2019/2020/2021).
- University will issue the confirmed admission letter on the basis of documents submitted by candidate.
- Student must submit the scans of valid passport for invitation letter issuance.
- University will issue the invitation letter for study visa & student’s entry to Kazakhstan.
- Student must submit original marksheets, passport & few additional documents for study visa from embassy.
- We will assist students for currency exchange & ticket booking before departure from India.
- Student groups are organized at airport and they depart in batches from New Delhi (IGI Airport) to Kazakhstan.
- One of our representatives meets the student group at airport in Ukraine and provides them transport to hostel.
- All formalities of medical checkup, visa extension, contract signing, etc. are completed by our representative in Kazakhstan.
* All eligible candidates can apply for MBBS admission in Kazakhstan online too (Due to the Covid-19 pandemic) or can visit any of our offices given on the website with prior appointments.
Is West Kazakhstan State Medical University recognized by MCI/NMC & WHO?
Yes, West Kazakhstan State Medical University is recognized by MCI/NMC (National Medical Commission) as well as WHO (World Health Organization). This clears 2 major doubts for all students as given below :
- All Indian students who get MBBS admission in West Kazakhstan State Medical University (Kazakhstan) can appear in the MCI Screening Test/FMGE/NExT in India. After passing this test, they can work as a registered medical practitioner in India (Either in the government & private sector).
- These students can appear in the entrance exam of any country for post-graduation as West Kazakhstan State Medical University is included in the list of recognized/approved medical colleges in Kazakhstan published by WHO as per global norms.
What is the ranking of West Kazakhstan State Medical University in Kazakhstan?
WKSMU, Aktobe is the undoubtedly one of the best medical colleges of Kazakhstan which was established in the year 1997. Being just a 24 years old medical college of Kazakhstan, it has gained immense popularity in a short span of time among foreign students. The college currently has more than 700 Indian students who are studying general medicine in English medium.
What is the duration & medium of instruction in West Kazakhstan State Medical University?
The total duration of the MBBS course in West Kazakhstan State Medical University is 6 years for Indian students. The exact duration of the course in all government medical universities of Kazakhstan is 5 years 8 months. This duration is in general considered as 6 years as all foreign students spend full 6 years in Kazakhstan during their course of medical education. The total course duration includes an internship also that is required for working as a medical practitioner in Kazakhstan & neighboring countries.
The medium of instruction in West Kazakhstan State Medical University for all foreign students is English. All the tests, exams & classes are conducted in English by teachers/professors/doctors for Indians. The university has one of the most experienced and best English-speaking faculty for foreigners. It has been more than 15 years when the MBBS course in English medium was started in Lugansk for Indian students. All medical books by Indian writers are also available in the university libraries and often referred to during classes. This helps the students to be prepared for their MCI Screening Test/FMGE/NExT in India after MBBS from West Kazakhstan.
What are the teaching faculties in WKSMU, Aktobe?
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Stomatology
- Public Health Care Faculty
- Faculty of Nursing
- Faculty of Pharmacy
- Preventive Medicine Faculty
- Preparatory/Language Faculty
- Faculty of Post-Graduation
How are classes conducted in WKSMU, Aktobe?
The classes for Indian students in West Kazakhstan Marat Ospanov State Medical University comprise of 12-15 foreign students. These small groups perhaps helps them to learn and understand better. Indians begin their classes with a revision of science subjects and selected medical subjects (Anatomy & Histology) during the 1st semester. Apart from this, the local language is also taught as a subject from the very beginning. This helps them to start interacting with local people for their daily activities outside college/university.
During the first 2 years of the MBBS course in West Kazakhstan, emphasis is given to theoretical subjects. Students attend all of their classes within university campus. From 3rd year onwards, they have to visit hospitals in city and interact with local patients. By this time, Indian students become fluent in local language & do not face any problems in understanding local patients. This makes it easier for them to report back to their professor/doctor in English who evaluates their performance. The time students spend in hospitals for these clinical/practical classes increases with every further year.
What are the hostel facilities in West Kazakhstan State Medical University for Indian students?
All hostels for Indian students in West Kazakhstan Marat Ospanov State Medical University are available within the main college campus area. A brief overview of the facilities at hostels is as below :
- West Kazakhstan Marat Ospanov State Medical University hostels are located near the main university campus within walking distance.
- Indian students only have to travel far from hostels when they have to attend classes in hospitals (From the 3rd year onwards).
- Indian students are provided accommodation in government hostels which only have foreign students (Mostly Indians).
- The hostels have facilities of kitchens, laundry, sports hall & reading hall within its premises on each floor.
- It is compulsory for Indian students to stay in a hostel provided by the university during the 1st year of their MBBS in West Kazakhstan.
- From the 2nd year onwards, they can choose to rent a flat/apartment or continue to stay in a university hostel.
- Indian mess facility is available in all hostels of West Kazakhstan Marat Ospanov State Medical University where they can have breakfast, lunch & dinner.
- The Indian mess is compulsory for all students in 1st year & they can from vegetarian & non-vegetarian options available.
- All the hostels have CCTV surveillance systems & fire alarm safety systems installed for the safety of foreigners.
- Students can choose 2/3/4 seater rooms which have study tables & chairs, beds, bed-sheets, wardrobe, lamps, etc.
- They can also submit an application to hostel administration if they wish to change their room or upgrade it to a 2/3 seater room.
- All Indian festivals like Diwali, Holi & Eid are also celebrated among Indian students with enthusiasm and joy every year in the hostel.
- West Kazakhstan Marat Ospanov State Medical University organizes annual sports and cultural events for students to showcase their skills & talents.
How is MBBS fees in WKSMU, Aktobe paid by Indian students?
The MBBS fees in West Kazakhstan can be paid through 2 methods. First & most widely adopted method is by which the students carry the fees with themselves from India. They purchase US Dollars in Delhi before departure & pay after arrival in Kazakhstan. Second and the rare one is when the students pays fees through bank loan. As the bank does not provide the loan amount to parents, they ask for the college account number for online transfer. In this method, the candidate must confirm the transfer of fees to college immediately after his MBBS admission in West Kazakhstan Marat Ospanov State Medical University.
Why to study MBBS in West Kazakhstan Marat Ospanov State Medical University, Kazakhstan?
Some of the useful facts which might make it easier for a student to decide about studying MBBS in West Kazakhstan State Medical University are as mentioned below:
- WKSMU (West Kazakhstan Marat Ospanov State Medical University) ranks 18th position among all medical universities in Ukraine (According to Webometrics).
- It has recognition from MCI/NMC (National Medical Commission) as well as WHO, so the medical degree is valid in the whole world.
- Being a more than 65 years old medical university in Kazakhstan, West Kazakhstan witnesses a good number of admissions from India every year.
- It is one of the top choices of Indian students for MBBS in the whole of Ukraine due to its low fees & a large number of Indians studying here.
- The university has been training foreign students (Including Indians) in the English medium for more than 15 years now.
- More than 10 batches of Indian students have passed out from the English medium MBBS course at the West Kazakhstan State Medical University.
- The faculty of medicine at WKSMU (West Kazakhstan) is highly experienced & skilled in training Indian students in the field of medicine in the English medium.
- Students get ample exposure to clinical & practical sessions by interacting with local patients in hospitals under doctor’s supervision.
- The total MBBS fees in West Kazakhstan State Medical University for English medium course is very low in comparison to other universities in Kazakhstan.
- Indian mess facility is available in all hostel premises so that students do not have to waste time preparing food themselves.
- MBBS admission in West Kazakhstan State Medical University is quite simple & straightforward with an easily achievable eligibility requirement.
- By the time students complete their medical course, they have full command over another foreign language too i.e. Kazakh.
Steps after MBBS from West Kazakhstan Marat Ospanov State Medical University:
Some of the most important points that all Indian students who graduate after MBBS from West Kazakhstan Marat Ospanov State Medical University, Kazakhstan must be aware of are :
- All Indian students must appear and qualify for the MCI Screening Test/FMGE/NExT in India after they receive MD (Physician) degree.
- This MD (Physician) degree is equivalent to the MBBS degree in India and has no difference.
- The FMGE (Foreign Medical Graduates Exam)/NeXT (National Exit Test) is organized twice every year i.e. in June & December.
- This is a qualifying exam in online mode and students must score 50% marks to pass it.
- There is no limit to the number of times a student can appear in this exam until he clears it.
- They have to serve a 1-year internship in India after clearing this test in any part of India.
- The students get permanent registration in India once they complete their internship in India.
- Doctors can now either work in government/private hospitals or run their own clinics in India or appear in NEET PG too.
- Doctors who want to pursue further PG education in English-speaking countries can appear in USMLE, PLAB, NZREX, etc.
- Hundreds of Indians from WKSMU West Kazakhstan have cleared their exams in India & are currently working successfully in India.
About Aktobe City :
Aktobe is the administrative capital of Aktobe province in the western region of Kazakhstan. The city is located along the Iles river and has 2 water reservoirs viz. Aktobe & Sazdy. The city is situated close to the Russian border and the nearest Russian city is Orenburg (Approx. 200 kms.). The city used to be known as Aktyubinsk till 1999 and is still referred by this name by many people. The development of energy resources, agriculture & ranching are the major pillars that have helped the city in it’s development & growing economy. Aktobe is well connected to nearby major cities (Moscow, Bishkek & Tashkent) through an airport as well as railway track. The city also has a well maintained public transport system for travel within the city.
Aktobe is the 4th most populated city of Kazakhstan and has a population of over 5 Lac people with 80% of them being Kazakhs and approx. 15% Russians too. Aktobe has a number of government & private higher education institutions including a military academy & a medical university. The city attracts huge number of students from several foreign countries (Majorly from India) who wish to pursue MBBS in West Kazakhstan State Medical University. Average cost of living in city is quite lower as compared to other major cities of Kazakhstan. Aktobe witnesses a humid continental climate with quite warm summers (Up to +30 Degree Celsius) and quite cold winters (Up to -15 Degrees Celsius).
Related Universities :
- Semey State Medical University
- North Kazakhstan State University
- South Kazakh Medical Academy
- Kazakh National Medical University