Ternopil National Medical University
Ternopil National Medical University (Ukraine)
Ternopil National Medical University was founded in the year 1957 (64 years old) and is located in the city of Ternopil (Capital of Ternopil state of Ukraine). The university is named after me. Horbnachevsky & also known as I. Horbachevshky Ternopil National Medical University. TNMU, Ternopil offers a quite low MBBS fee in Ukraine for Indian students who wish to study MBBS abroad. The total MBBS fees in Ternopil for 2021 (September) is affordable (Indian Rupees 23.31 Lacs) as compared to other universities in the Ukraine where Indians travel to pursue medical education. The process of MBBS admission in Ternopil is simple with minimal documentation (If the student fits in the eligibility criteria).
Ternopil National Medical University (Ukraine) has level IV accreditation & started training foreign students in 1997. It is one of the universities that is gaining popularity very rapidly among Indian students especially. It has international students from Europe, Arab & Asia studying in different medical programs. TNMU (Ternopil) has more than 700 Indian students who are currently pursuing English medium MBBS course in Ukraine. Among all the foreign students studying medicine in Ternopil, Indian students comprise the majority of them.
Ternopil National Medical University ranks in the 5th position (According to Webometrics ranking platform) among all medical colleges in Ukraine that fall under the Ministry of Healthcare of Ukraine. The university offers courses at undergraduate and postgraduate levels in field of medicine, dentistry, pharma, etc. It has been more than 15 years when the university started the English medium course of MBBS in Ukraine for Indian students. Today, it is one of the top preferences among Indian students who plan to study MBBS in Ukraine and has a very high MCI passing percentage in comparison to other universities in Ukraine.
What is the total MBBS fees in Ternopil National Medical University?
The total MBBS fees in Ternopil National Medical University is 23.31 Lacs (Indian Rupees) for Indian students. The detailed MBBS fee in Ternopil for 2021 (September Session) is given below :
- 1st Year : USD 6,200 / INR 4,34,000
- 2nd-6th/Year : USD 5,320 – USD 5,520
- Total Fees : USD 33,300 / INR 23,31,000
* The MBBS fee structure of Ternopil National Medical University given above includes tuition fees, hostel accommodation, medical checkup, medical insurance, visa extension & misc. charges.
* The yearly fees with hostel & medical insurance is USD 5,320 in 2nd & 3rd year; USD 5,420 in 4th year; USD 5,520 in 5th & 6th year.
What is the MBBS eligibility in Ternopil National Medical University for Indian students?
The MBBS eligibility in Ternopil National Medical University (Ukraine) for admission of Indian students is as below :
- 50% Marks in PCB (In 12th/Inter/Equivalent)
- NEET qualification (2019/2020/2021)
- Minimum 17 years age (Till 31st December)
* Indian students should apply for MBBS admission in Ternopil soon as very limited seats are available.
How to apply for MBBS admission in Ternopil National Medical University?
Students from India and other foreign countries can apply for MBBS admission in Ternopil through a very simple admission procedure as outlined below :
- Student should submit scans of 10th, 12th/Inter marksheets and NEET qualification (2019/2020/2021).
- University will issue the confirmed admission letter on the basis of documents submitted by candidate.
- Student must submit the scans of valid passport for invitation letter issuance.
- University will issue the invitation letter for study visa & student’s entry to Ukraine.
- Student must submit original marksheets, passport & few additional documents for study visa from embassy.
- We will assist students for currency exchange & ticket booking before departure from India.
- Student groups are organized at airport and they depart in batches from New Delhi (IGI Airport) to Ukraine.
- One of our representatives meets the student group at airport in Ukraine and provides them transport to hostel.
- All formalities of medical checkup, visa extension, contract signing, etc. are completed by our representative in Ukraine.
Is Ternopil National Medical University recognized by MCI/NMC & WHO?
Yes, Ternopil National Medical University is recognized by MCI/NMC (National Medical Commission) as well as WHO (World Health Organization). This clears 2 major doubts for all students as given below :
- All Indian students who get MBBS admission in Ternopil National Medical University (Ukraine) can appear in the MCI Screening Test/FMGE/NExT in India. After passing this test, they can work as a registered medical practitioner in India (Either in the government & private sector).
- These students can appear in the entrance exam of any country for post-graduation as Ternopil National Medical University is included in the list of recognized/approved medical colleges in Ukraine published by WHO as per global norms.
What is the ranking of Ternopil National Medical University in Ukraine?
Ternopil National Medical University ranks in 5th position (According to Webometrics Ranking Platform) among all higher medical universities in Ukraine. It is among the top medical universities of Ukraine that provides medical education in English due to it’s skilled English teaching faculty. In the past few years, the university has become one of the most chosen universities in Ukraine by Indian students.
TNMU (Ternopil) was established in 1957 and is the a 64 years old medical university of Ukraine. The university receives a very huge number of students from India every year. At present, more than 700 Indian students are pursuing medical education at the Ternopil National Medical University. It is one of the best medical colleges in Ukraine that provides medical education to Indian students in the English medium.
What is the duration & medium of instruction in Ternopil National Medical University?
The total duration of the MBBS course in Ternopil National Medical University is 6 years for Indian students. The exact duration of the course in all government medical universities of Ukraine is 5 years 8 months. This duration is in general considered as 6 years as all foreign students spend full 6 years in Ukraine during their course of medical education. The total course duration includes an internship also that is required for working as a medical practitioner in Ukraine & neighboring countries.
The medium of instruction in Ternopil National Medical University for all foreign students is English. All the tests, exams & classes are conducted in English by teachers/professors/doctors for Indians. The university has one of the most experienced and best English-speaking faculty for foreigners. It has been more than 15 years when the MBBS course in English medium was started in Lugansk for Indian students. All medical books by Indian writers are also available in the university libraries and often referred to during classes. This helps the students to be prepared for their MCI Screening Test/FMGE/NExT in India after MBBS from Lugansk.
What are the teaching faculties in TNMU, Ternopil?
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Pharma Faculty
- Nursing Faculty
- Faculty of Post-graduate Specialization
- Preparatory/Language Faculty
How are classes conducted in TNMU, Ternopil?
The classes for Indian students in Ternopil National Medical University comprise of 12-15 foreign students. These small groups perhaps helps them to learn and understand better. Indians begin their classes with a revision of science subjects and selected medical subjects (Anatomy & Histology) during 1st semester. Apart from this, local language (Ukrainian/Russian) is also taught as a subject from the very beginning. This helps them to start interacting with local people for their their daily activities outside college/university.
During the first 2 years of MBBS course in Ternopil, emphasis is given to theoretical subjects. Students attend all of their classes within university campus. From 3rd year onwards, they have to visit hospitals in city and interact with local patients. By this time, Indian students become fluent in local language & do not face any problems in understanding local patients. This makes it easier for them to report back to their professor/doctor in English who evaluates their performance. The time students spend in hospitals for these clinical/practical classes increases with every further year.
What are the hostel facilities in Ternopil National Medical University for Indian students?
All hostels for Indian students in Ternopil National Medical University are available within the main college campus area. A brief overview of the facilities at hostels is as below :
- Ternopil National Medical University hostels are located near the main university campus within walking distance.
- Indian students only have to travel far from hostels when they have to attend classes in hospitals (From the 3rd year onwards).
- Indian students are provided accommodation in government hostels which only have foreign students (Mostly Indians).
- The hostels have facilities of kitchens, laundry, sports hall & reading hall within its premises on each floor.
- It is compulsory for Indian students to stay in a hostel provided by the university during the 1st year of their MBBS in Lugansk.
- From the 2nd year onwards, they can choose to rent a flat/apartment or continue to stay in a university hostel.
- Indian mess facility is available in all hostels of Lugansk State Medical University where they can have breakfast, lunch & dinner.
- The Indian mess is compulsory for all students in 1st year & they can from vegetarian & non-vegetarian options available.
- All the hostels have CCTV surveillance systems & fire alarm safety systems installed for the safety of foreigners.
- Students can choose 2/3/4 seater rooms which have study tables & chairs, beds, bed-sheets, wardrobe, lamps, etc.
- They can also submit an application to hostel administration if they wish to change their room or upgrade it to a 2/3 seater room.
- All Indian festivals like Diwali, Holi & Eid are also celebrated among Indian students with enthusiasm and joy every year in the hostel.
- Lugansk State Medical University organizes annual sports and cultural events for students to showcase their skills & talents.
How is MBBS fees in TNMU, Ternopil paid by Indian students?
The MBBS fees in Ternopil can be paid through 2 methods. First & most widely adopted method is by which the students carry the fees with themselves from India. They purchase US Dollars in Delhi before departure & pay after arrival in Ukraine. Second and the rare one is when the students pays fees through bank loan. As the bank does not provide the loan amount to parent, they ask for the college account number for online transfer. In this method, the candidate must confirm transfer of fees to college immediately after his MBBS admission in Ternopil National Medical University.
Why to study MBBS in Ternopil National Medical University, Ukraine?
Some of the useful facts which might make it easier for a student to decide about studying MBBS in Ternopil National Medical University are as mentioned below :
- TNMU (Ternopil National Medical University) ranks on 5th position among all medical institutions in Ukraine (According to Webometrics).
- It has recognition from MCI/NMC (National Medical Commission) as well as WHO, so the medical degree is valid in the whole world.
- Being a more than 64 years old medical university of Ukraine, Ternopil National Medical University witnesses huge number of admissions from India every year.
- It is one of the top choices of Indian students for MBBS in whole Ukraine due to high MCI passing percentage and good English medium.
- The university has been training foreign students (Including Indians) in English medium since more than 15 years now.
- More than 10 batches of Indian students have passed out from the English medium MBBS course at the Ternopil National Medical University.
- The faculty of medicine at TNMU is highly experienced & skilled in training Indian students in field of medicine in English medium.
- Students get ample exposure to clinical & practical sessions by interacting with local patients in hospitals under doctor’s supervision.
- The total MBBS fees in Ternopil National Medical University for English medium course is low in comparison to other colleges in Ukraine.
- Indian mess facility is available in all hostel premises so that students do not have to waste time in preparing food themselves.
- It is one of the few universities in whole Ukraine that offers a separate hostel for girls near campus with top class facilities.
- MBBS admission in Ternopil National Medical University is quite simple & straight forward with an easily achievable eligibility requirement.
- By the time students complete their medical course, they have full command over another foreign language too i.e. Ukrainian/Russian.
Steps after MBBS from Ternopil National Medical University (Ukraine) :
Some of the most important points that all Indian students who graduate after MBBS from Ternopil National Medical University, Ukraine must be aware of are :
- All Indian students must appear and qualify for the MCI Screening Test/FMGE/NExT in India after they receive MD (Physician) degree.
- This MD (Physician) degree is equivalent to the MBBS degree in India and has no difference.
- The FMGE (Foreign Medical Graduates Exam)/NeXT (National Exit Test) is organized twice every year i.e. in June & December.
- This is a qualifying exam in online mode and students must score 50% marks to pass it.
- There is no limit to the number of times a student can appear in this exam until he clears it.
- They have to serve a 1-year internship in India after clearing this test in any part of India.
- The students get permanent registration in India once they complete their internship in India.
- Doctors can now either work in government/private hospitals or run their own clinics in India or appear in NEET PG too.
- Doctors who want to pursue further PG education in English-speaking countries can appear in USMLE, PLAB, NZREX, etc.
- Hundreds of Indians from LSMU (Lugansk) have cleared their exams in India & are currently working successfully in India.
About Ternopil City :
Ternopil city is located in the western part of Ukraine on the bank of River Secret. The city is one of the major cities of western Ukraine and also the capital city of Ternopil state. The city is well connected to a nearby city (Lviv) and other major cities of Ukraine i.e. Kiev & Kharkiv through road, rail & air transport. Apart from the good public transport (Viz. trams, trolley bus, vans, taxis, etc.) available for travel within city, it also has an international airport. The city is somewhat close to neighboring countries of Poland, Slovakia, Hungary & Romania.
Every years hundreds of Indian students apply for MBBS in Ternopil National Medical University due to the the university’s high standard of education, English medium & an affordable fees. There are 4 major government universities in Ternopil with I. Horbachevsky Ternopil National Medical University being one of them. The others being Ternopil National Economic University, Ternopil National Technical University & Ternopil National Pedagogical University. The city experiences moderate to cold winters (Ranging from +10 to -7 Degrees) and pleasant summers with maximum temperature up to+35 Degrees.
Related Universities :
- Kyiv Medical University of UAFM
- Bukovinian State Medical University
- Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University
- Black Sea National University
- Uzhhorod National University
- Poltava State Medical University
- Donetsk National Medical University
- Sumy State University
- Zaporozhye State Medical University
- Kharkiv National Medical University
- VN Karazin Kharkiv National University
- Vinnytsia National Medical University
- Bogomolets National Medical University
- Lviv National Medical University
- Taras Shevchenko National University