Sumy State University
Sumy State University (Ukraine)
Sumy State University was established in the year 1948 and is located in Sumy city in the northern part of Ukraine that is very close to Russia. It is among the top 3 higher education institutions in whole Ukraine as of today. The university offers an affordable MBBS fee in Ukraine for Indian students who wish to study MBBS abroad. The total MBBS fees in Sumy for 2021 (September) is quite moderate (Indian Rupees 22.75 Lacs) as compared to all other universities in the Ukraine where Indians travel to pursue medical education. The process of MBBS admission in Sumy is simple with minimal documentation (If the student fits in the eligibility criteria).
SSU (Sumy, Ukraine) has level IV accreditation from Ukraine government and is among the top 3% of leading universities in whole world with high research activity. The university has 1,600 international students from more than 50 different countries who are studying in different fields of education. Sumy State University (Sumy) alone has more than 500 Indian students who are currently pursuing English medium MBBS course in Ukraine. Among all the foreign students studying medicine in Sumy, Indian students comprise the majority of them.
Sumy National University ranks on 2th position (According to Webometrics ranking platform) among all medical colleges in Ukraine that fall under the Ministry of Education & Healthcare of Ukraine. According to the Shanghai Rankings, the university is also included in GRUP i.e. Global Research University Profiles. It has been more than 15 years when the university started the English medium course of MBBS in Ukraine for Indian students. Today, it is one of the top preferences among Indian students who plan to study MBBS in Ukraine especially due to its high ranking & superior education.
What is the total MBBS fees in Sumy State University?
- 1st Year : USD 6,500 / INR 4,55,000
- 2nd-6th/Year : USD 5,200 / INR 3,64,000
- Total Fees : USD 32,500 / INR 22,75,000
What is the MBBS eligibility in Sumy State University for Indian students?
The MBBS eligibility in Sumy State University (Ukraine) for admission of Indian students is as below :
- 50% Marks in PCB (In 12th/Inter/Equivalent)
- NEET qualification (2019/2020/2021)
- Minimum 17 years age (Till 31st December)
* Indian students should apply for MBBS admission in Sumy soon as very limited seats are available.
How to apply for MBBS admission in Sumy State University?
Students from India and other foreign countries can apply for MBBS admission in Sumy through a very simple admission procedure as outlined below :
- Student should submit scans of 10th, 12th/Inter marksheets and NEET qualification (2019/2020/2021).
- University will issue the confirmed admission letter on the basis of documents submitted by candidate.
- Student must submit the scans of valid passport for invitation letter issuance.
- University will issue the invitation letter for study visa & student’s entry to Ukraine.
- Student must submit original marksheets, passport & few additional documents for study visa from embassy.
- We will assist students for currency exchange & ticket booking before departure from India.
- Student groups are organized at airport and they depart in batches from New Delhi (IGI Airport) to Ukraine.
- One of our representatives meets the student group at airport in Ukraine and provides them transport to hostel.
- All formalities of medical checkup, visa extension, contract signing, etc. are completed by our representative in Ukraine.
Is Sumy State University recognized by MCI/NMC & WHO?
- All Indian students who get MBBS admission in Sumy State University (Ukraine) can appear in the MCI Screening Test/FMGE/NExT in India. After passing this test, they can work as a registered medical practitioner in India (Either in the government & private sector).
- These students can appear in the entrance exam of any country for post-graduation as Izhevsk State Medical Academy is included in the list of recognized/approved medical colleges in Ukraine published by WHO as per global norms.
What is the ranking of Sumy State University in Ukraine?
Sumy State University ranks on 2nd position (According to Webometrics Ranking Platform) among all higher education institutions in Ukraine. It is among the top medical universities of Ukraine especially due to its top ranking, vastness (it Offers courses in various fields of education) & and affordable fees for international students. In the past few years, the university has become one of the most chosen universities in Ukraine by Indian students for studying medicine.
SSU (Sumy) was established in 1948 and is a 73 years old medical university of Ukraine. The university receives a significant number of students from India every year. At present, more than 500 Indian students are pursuing medical education at Sumy State University. It is one of the best medical colleges of Ukraine on an affordable budget that provides medical education to Indian students in English medium.
What is the duration & medium of instruction in Sumy State University?
The total duration of the MBBS course at Sumy State University is 6 years for Indian students. The exact duration of the course in all government medical universities of Ukraine is 5 years 8 months. This duration is in general considered as 6 years as all foreign students spend full 6 years in Ukraine during their course of medical education. The total course duration includes an internship also that is required for working as a medical practitioner in Ukraine & neighboring countries.
The medium of instruction in Sumy State University for all foreign students is English. All the tests, exams & classes are conducted in English by teachers/professors/doctors for Indians. The university has one of the most experienced and best English-speaking faculty for foreigners. It has been more than 15 years when the MBBS course in English medium was started in Lugansk for Indian students. All medical books by Indian writers are also available in the university libraries and often referred to during classes. This helps the students to be prepared for their MCI Screening Test/FMGE/NExT in India after MBBS from Sumy.
What are the teaching faculties in SSU ,Sumy?
The faculties at Sumy State University (Ukraine) that are active at present and provide training to Ukrainian/Russian & foreign (Indian) students are :
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Economics
- Management & marketing faculty
- Faculty of International Relations
- Faculty of Finance & Banking
- Computer Sciences Faculty
- Faculty of Energy Management & Ecology
- Faculty of Mechanics
- Post-Graduation Faculty
The universities provide training in various disciplines for graduate & diploma/specialty courses. The faculty of general medicine is one of the most chosen faculties by Indian students & receives the most number of applications for MBBS admission in Ukraine every year. Several hostels are available to accommodate a large number of Indian students here. The hostels allotted to foreign citizens are much better as compared to the ones that are allotted to local students. Most of the students from India who apply for admission to Sumy State University choose to study in the faculty of general medicine only.
How are classes conducted in SSU, Sumy?
The classes for Indian students in Sumy State University comprise of 12-15 foreign students. These small groups perhaps helps them to learn and understand better. Indians begin their classes with a revision of science subjects and selected medical subjects (Anatomy & Histology) during 1st semester. Apart from this, local language (Ukrainian/Russian) is also taught as a subject from the very beginning. This helps them to start interacting with local people for their their daily activities outside college/university.
During the first 2 years of MBBS course in Sumy, emphasis is given to theoretical subjects. Students attend all of their classes within university campus. From 3rd year onwards, they have to visit hospitals in city and interact with local patients. By this time, Indian students become fluent in local language & do not face any problems in understanding local patients. This makes it easier for them to report back to their professor/doctor in English who evaluates their performance. The time students spend in hospitals for these clinical/practical classes increases with every further year.
What are the hostel facilities inSumy State University for Indian students?
All hostels for Indian students in Sumy State University are available within the main college campus area. A brief overview of the facilities at hostels is as below :
- Sumy State University hostels are located near the main university campus within walking distance.
- Indian students only have to travel far from hostels when they have to attend classes in hospitals (From the 3rd year onwards).
- Indian students are provided accommodation in government hostels which only have foreign students (Mostly Indians).
- The hostels have facilities of kitchens, laundry, sports hall & reading hall within its premises on each floor.
- It is compulsory for Indian students to stay in a hostel provided by the university during the 1st year of their MBBS in Lugansk.
- From the 2nd year onwards, they can choose to rent a flat/apartment or continue to stay in a university hostel.
- Indian mess facility is available in all hostels of Lugansk State Medical University where they can have breakfast, lunch & dinner.
- The Indian mess is compulsory for all students in 1st year & they can from vegetarian & non-vegetarian options available.
- All the hostels have CCTV surveillance systems & fire alarm safety systems installed for the safety of foreigners.
- Students can choose 2/3/4 seater rooms which have study tables & chairs, beds, bed-sheets, wardrobe, lamps, etc.
- They can also submit an application to hostel administration if they wish to change their room or upgrade it to a 2/3 seater room.
- All Indian festivals like Diwali, Holi & Eid are also celebrated among Indian students with enthusiasm and joy every year in the hostel.
- Lugansk State Medical University organizes annual sports and cultural events for students to showcase their skills & talents.
How is MBBS fees in SSU, Sumy paid by Indian students?
The MBBS fees in Sumy can be paid through 2 methods. First & most widely adopted method is by which the students carry the fees with themselves from India. They purchase US Dollars in Delhi before departure & pay after arrival in Ukraine. Second and the rare one is when the students pays fees through bank loan. As the bank does not provide the loan amount to parent, they ask for the college account number for online transfer. In this method, the candidate must confirm transfer of fees to college immediately after his MBBS admission to Sumy State University.
Why to study MBBS in Sumy State University, Ukraine?
Some of the useful facts which might make it easier for a student to decide about studying MBBS in Sumy State University are as mentioned below :
- Sumy State University ranks on 2nd position among all medical universities in Ukraine (According to Webometrics).
- It has recognition from MCI/NMC (National Medical Commission) as well as WHO, so the medical degree is valid in whole world.
- Being a more than 73 years old medical university of Ukraine, Sumy State University witnesses good number of admissions from Indian sub-continent.
- It is one of the top choices of Indian students for MBBS in Ukraine due to it’s high ranking and an affordable tuition fees.
- The university has been training foreign students (Including Indians) in English medium since more than 15 years now.
- More than 10 batches of Indian students have passed out from the English medium MBBS course at the Sumy State University.
- The faculty of medicine at SSU is highly experienced & skilled in training Indian students in field of medicine in English medium.
- Students get ample exposure to clinical & practical sessions by interacting with local patients in hospitals under doctor’s supervision.
- The total MBBS fees in Sumy State University for English medium course is moderate as compared to other colleges in Ukraine.
- Indian mess facility is available in all hostel premises so that students do not have to waste time in preparing food themselves.
- It is one of the few universities in whole Ukraine that offers various hostel options to Indian students based on their budget.
- MBBS admission in Sumy State University is quite simple & straight forward with an easily achievable eligibility requirement.
- By the time students complete their medical course, they have full command over another foreign language too i.e. Ukrainian/Russian.
Steps after MBBS from Sumy State University (Ukraine) :
Some of the most important points that all Indian students who graduate after MBBS from Sumy State University, Ukraine must be aware of are :
- All Indian students must appear and qualify for the MCI Screening Test/FMGE/NExT in India after they receive MD (Physician) degree.
- This MD (Physician) degree is equivalent to the MBBS degree in India and has no difference.
- The FMGE (Foreign Medical Graduates Exam)/NeXT (National Exit Test) is organized twice every year i.e. in June & December.
- This is a qualifying exam in online mode and students must score 50% marks to pass it.
- There is no limit to the number of times a student can appear in this exam until he clears it.
- They have to serve a 1-year internship in India after clearing this test in any part of India.
- The students get permanent registration in India once they complete their internship in India.
- Doctors can now either work in government/private hospitals or run their own clinics in India or appear in NEET PG too.
- Doctors who want to pursue further PG education in English-speaking countries can appear in USMLE, PLAB, NZREX, etc.
Sumy City in Ukraine :
Sumy is located in the north eastern part of Ukraine and is the capital of the Sumy state of the country. The city lies very close to the Russian border and the nearby large city is Kharkiv. Sumy is located on the bank of Peel river, which is a tributary of the Dnieper River which originates in Smolensk, Russia. The majority of the population comprises Ukrainians (About 80%) while most (Not all) of the remaining 20% population is Russian. The city is well connected to nearby cities of Kharkiv & Poltava through rail, road and an international airport for flights to other parts Ukraine, Russia & rest of Europe. Trams, trolley-buses, vans, taxis, etc. are easily available for local transport all the time.
Some of the famous places in the city of Sumy are Trinity Cathedral, Catholic Church, Elias Church, Atlanta, Shopping Street, City Centre, Hotel Shafran, Exhibition Centre and many more. The city has several institutions for higher education but Sumy State University is the largest among all of them that attracts the most number of students from Ukraine as well as other countries. The majority of the foreign students comprise of Indians, who travel here for studying MBBS at Sumy State University in English medium. The weather of Sumy is quite the same as that of Kharkiv i.e. humid continental with cold winters and warm summers.
Related Universities :
- Kyiv Medical University of UAFM
- Bukovinian State Medical University
- Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University
- Black Sea National University
- Uzhhorod National University
- Poltava State Medical University
- Donetsk National Medical University
- Ternopil National Medical University
- Zaporozhye State Medical University
- Kharkiv National Medical University
- VN Karazin Kharkiv National University
- Vinnytsia National Medical University
- Bogomolets National Medical University
- Lviv National Medical University
- Taras Shevchenko National University