MBBS in USA
Why Barbados (USA)?
In spite of being a small country, Barbados has proved to be one of the favorable destinations for medical students around the world who want to get MBBS degree abroad. The affordable fee structure and quality of life in this country attract many students from various countries. The following are the reasons why Barbados is becoming a hot destination for MBBS:
- The standard of education is similar to the US as this country follows the US education system and curriculum.
- The graduates from the medical universities in Barbados are given opportunity to attend various international seminars and conferences. This helps in their development as successful doctors.
- The cost of the complete course of MBBS in Barbados is quite affordable as compared to U.S., Korea, Japan and other European countries.
- Barbados has Top Medical Universities which offer world class education with high quality standards and well experienced staff.
- The MBBS degree and other medical degrees obtained from a Barbados Medical University are recognized by MCI. The students from India are able to come back and work in India.
American University of Barbados (USA)
AUB prepares doctors to work as per international standards, preferably USA.
AUB is an Associate Concern of Era’s Lucknow Medical College and Hospital, which has been functioning as a “Centre of Excellence” in medical education, care, training and research and ranked among India’s “Top Medical Colleges” by reputed agencies like Times of India, Neilson Survey, Outlook, The Week and India Today.
- USA style curriculum – USMLE focused teaching
- Quality Education with Latest Cutting Edge Technology- Medical Animation, Simulation and Educational Video Games – 3D Simulation & Medical Games Centre
- Integrated Curriculum with Problem Based Learning
- Experience studying in a Diverse Community
- Balanced teacher student ration: 1:20
- Affordable Fee for MD Program with options for scholarships
- Clinical Rotations in USA, MALTA, ASIAN COUNTRIES, NIGERIA, CARIBBEAN
- Scholarship for Meritorious Students
- AUB student can practice as MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS anywhere after giving the requisite examination of their country of choice
AUB offers you TWO Medical Degree Programs:
- 5.5 years for high school graduates (CLASS 12 passouts)
- 4 years for college graduates
RECOGNITIONS & ACREDITIONS
- Chartered, Licensed and recognized by the Ministry of Education, Government of Barbados
- Registered with the Barbados Accreditation Council (BAC)
- Approved & Listed by FAIMER (Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education & Research)and the World Federation for Medical Education (WFME)
- Listed with MCI (Medical Council of India)
PRACTICE : WORLD
AUB graduate degrees are recognized throughout the world. Hence, our graduates can practice anywhere across the world after taking the required examination of the country of their choice.
PRACTICE : INDIA
After completing M.D Program from AUB Indian graduates can practice in India after clearing the Licensing Test i.e. MCI Screening Test.(+ 1 year of internship)
FMGE – Foreign Medical Graduate Examination Conducted by NATIONAL BOARD OF EXAMINATION (NBE)
- 50% passing marks
- 300 MCQs
- NO negative marking
- Exams takes twice a year
- Exit Exam is being considered for Indian Medical Graduates
Why St. Lucia (USA) ?
Spartan Health Sciences University’s School of Medicine, is located in the former British Colony of St. Lucia. St. Lucia gained her independence from the British on February 22, 1979. The population of St. Lucia at the end of 2004 was approximately 163,000. The people of Saint Lucia are English speaking, friendly and very accommodating.
Before becoming a British Colony, Saint Lucia changed hands 14 times between the French and the British. The island became a British possession in 1814. Hence, French and British mannerisms among the people are not uncommon. The local language is Creole (or Patois, an adulterated French) emerged as a result of British and French influences with English as the official language.
The island is the only East Caribbean territory with two commercial airports. Hewanorra International Airport, at the south of the island, just outside the town of Vieux Fort, has an asphalted runway of 9,000 feet with the capacity to accommodate long-range jet aircraft of the 747 and Tri-Star category. The runway is fully lit and the airport possesses facilities for all weather landing. Scheduled flights are maintained by Virgin Atlantic Airways, Air Canada, American Airlines, Delta Airlines, British Airways and U.S. Airways. George F.L. Charles Airport (Vigie) is within limits of the capital city of Castries. It has an asphalted runway of 5,700 feet with facilities for night landing. Scheduled flights to this airport are maintained by LIAT and American Eagle. Shuttle service between this airport and Hewanorra is also regularly available. “Vigie” is also used by some air-cargo carriers like Amerijet.
Transportation Services provided by the University
Hewanorra International Airport is approximately 3 miles from the University. The University provides free transportation for all new incoming students with prior arrangement. George F.L. Charles Airport is one and a one half (1 1/2) hours drive from the University. The University can make arrangements for the pick up. The cost of transportation is approximately $55.00 (U.S.) paid directly to the transportation service provider.
The island’s currency is the East Caribbean dollar, which is pegged to the United States Dollar at the parity of EC $2.6882 to U.S. $1.00. The currency is controlled by the East Caribbean Currency Authority, a regional body with its headquarters in St. Kitts.
WHY SPARTAN HEALTH SCIENCE UNIVERSITY ,St. Lucia (USA)?
With more than 250 Indian students studying at Spartan at the moment, it has become the most successful university providing education for US based medical program. With 3.5 Years at St Lucia and 2 years of confirmed Clinical rotations in USA, you can complete your MBBS equivalent degree at Spartan.
The cost to study at this university matches with the Indian private medical colleges (Only Rs. 60 Lacs + Living Cost of Rs. 15-20 Lacs) but provides you an opportunity to continue your education up to MD / MS in USA. Further more, the residency in US hospitals leading to Board certified MD / MS allows you to earn back everything what you spent during MBBS level.
- One of the oldest universities on the Caribbean, around 37 years
- Full accreditation such as CAAM-HP, ECFMG & MCI
- Fully English taught programs are available at Spartan University only
- Indian mess availability which saves 2 hours a day leading to better study in MBBS.
- Program right up to MD / MS in USA
- University provides Clinical rotations and not Observer-ship as specified by USMLE regulations. That is the reason it is an expensive one in comparison with the other Caribbean Colleges.
- Affiliations with around 8 ACGME Hospitals in USA
- Scholarships available for the deserving candidates to the tune of Rs. 13 Lacs
Just like India, all the local medical aspirants find it difficult to find their place in the best medical schools in USA through MCAT. The cost of top medical universities in USA, mainly in private medical colleges, is extremely high just like in India. Hence, MBBS colleges in USA for Indian students built in Caribbean Islands have become a popular route by now. The USA medical college fees comes down drastically once they follow this route to initiate the route for medical colleges in USA. The universities in Caribbean Islands provides education only for the first 3.5 years – 4 Trimesters (leading to B.S. Degree till USMLE-1 Exam) and balance 6 years would be in the mainland of USA. You may apply for admission to MBBS in USA with Scholarships since it is available for Indian students at Spartan Health & Science University.
There is good news for you that it is also offering a limited scholarship for Indian students after 12th to pursue MBBS in USA. The students tend to save around Rs. 12.50 Lacs if they apply within the time frame and are eligible for the same. The eligibility for scholarships for MBBS students is based on Merit and need.
Duration: 1.5 Years
4 semesters (each semester is of 16 Weeks)
- BASIC SCIENCE:
Duration: 1.5 Years
5 semesters (each semester is of 16 Weeks)
- CLINICAL ROTATIONS:
Shadowing doctors / basically Hospital Practice
Options: USA, Philippines, Malta, Nigeria, Barbados
USA: clear USMLE Step 1 for Clinical Rotations in USA
If USMLE STEP 1 not cleared Clinical Rotations can be done from Barbados, Philippines, Nigeria ,Malta & India
Universites & Fees Structure
- Admission intakes : January , May and September
- NEET eligibility mandatory (for Indian students)
- Should be a high school graduate (10+2) or college graduate with minimum percentage – 60% in PCB
- ILETS and TOEFL is not required if medium of instruction was English