Skilled Recognized Graduate Visa 476
Skilled Recognized Graduate Visa (Subclass 476) Australia
The Skilled Recognized Visa is a temporary visa that allows recent engineering graduates from recognized institutions & eligible universities to attain up to 18 months of skilled work experience.
You can be inside or outside Australia, while applying for the Visa; however you have to be outside Australia, while the visa is being granted, unless you a New Zealand citizen with a Special Category visa (subclass 444).
Overseas Education consultancy.
Who could get this visa
You might be able to get a Skilled — Recognised Graduate visa (subclass 476) if :
- If you are younger than 31 years of age
- you must have completed an eligible engineering qualification from a recognised institution in the past two years
- you should have not held a Skilled — Recognised Graduate visa (subclass 476) or a Temporary Graduate (subclass 485) before (unless you were a member of the family unit)
- Demonstrate your English language ability
- If you meet health and character requirements.
- Based on Your engineering qualifications
In the two years before you apply, you must have completed one of the following qualifications in engineering:
- bachelors degree
- masters degree
- doctoral degree
- postgraduate diploma.
Your qualification must contain a major sequence of study or specialisation in engineering, such as:
- civil engineering
- structural engineering
- chemical engineering
- environmental engineering
- electrical and electronics engineering
- mechanical, production and plant engineering
- mining and material engineering.
- You must meet certain health requirements. The health examinations you need will depend on your personal circumstances, including your country of citizenship, time spent in another country during the last five years and your intended activities in Australia. The results of your health examinations are generally valid for 12 months.
You are able to organise your health examinations upfront before lodging a visa application.
- You must meet certain character requirements. You must be prepared to provide a police certificate from each country you have lived in for 12 months or more during the past 10 years after you turned 16 years of age. Do not arrange for police certificates until we ask you to.
- This applies to you and any member of your family unit listed in the application.
- Debts to the Australian Government
- You must have no outstanding debts to the Australian Government or have arranged to repay any outstanding debts to the Australian Government before this visa can be granted.
- This also applies to all dependent family members in your application who are 18 years of age or older.
About this visa
The Skilled — Recognised Graduate visa (subclass 476) allows recent engineering graduates of eligible universities to gain up to 18 months of skilled work experience in occupations. It is a temporary visa.
Your family can also apply to join you in Australia after the visa is granted.
What you can do
This visa allows you and your family stay in Australia for up to 18 months. While in Australia, you can:
How long the visas lasts
A Skilled — Recognised Graduate visa (subclass 476) is valid for up to 18 months.
You can include the following people in your visa application at the time of lodgement:
- your partner
- your child/step-child or your partner’s child/step-child.
For detailed information regarding who you can include in your application see including family members in your application.
The application must include documentary evidence of their relationship to you. Members of your family unit must be able to show that they meet health and character requirements.
They cannot use the online form to apply.
They can be in or outside Australia when they apply for this visa.
Members of your family unit who are added after a visa has been granted must:
- provide the documents listed in the Follow these steps tab
- pay the full visa application charge.
Your family can also apply to join you in Australia after the visa is granted.
Workplace rights in Australia
Workers in Australia – including visa holders with permission to work – have rights under Australian workplace law.
The Fair Work Ombudsman’s Pay and Conditions Tool (PACT) provides information on pay rates, shift calculations, leave arrangements and notice and redundancy entitlements.
See also : Workplace rights for all visa holders working in Australia
To apply for a Skilled Recognized Visa, you must have an engineering qualification from a recognized institution.
Washington Accord institutions
Institution offering engineering qualification under the Washington Accord is a recognized institution. The Washington Accord is an international agreement amongst bodies responsible for accrediting engineering degree programmes.
Other recognised institutions
Some of the other recognized institutions are:
- Catholic University of Argentina
- Federal University of Minas Gerais
- Universidad Catolica del Norte Catholic University of Chileâ€”Antofagasta
- University of Chile
- University of Concepcion
- HUT, Helsinki
- RWTH, Aachen
- Technical University of Berlin
- Technical University of Clausthal
- TU Bergakademie Freiberg
- University of Hannover
- University of Miskolc
- Anna University, Chennai
- Baranas Hindu University, Varanasi
- Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
- Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad
- Amir Kabir University of Technology
- University of Tehran
People’s Republic of China
- Beijing Normal University
- Beijing Petroleum University
- Beijing University of Chemical Technology
- Beijing University of Technology (formerly Beijing Polytechnic University)
- China University of Mining and Technology, Beijing
- Guangzhou University
- Shanghai University of Engineering Science
- Shanghai Jiaotong University
- Tongji University
- Tsinghua University
- University of Science and Technology Beijing
- University of the Philippines
- Wroclaw University of Technology
- TU Kosice
- Lulea University of Technology
- University of Dar es Salaam
Work In Australia | Without any experience | No show money | Eligibility | Bachelor degree or Master degree
Only 2017 and 2018 passed students can only apply
In Civil engineering, Structural engineering, Chemical engineering, Environmental engineering, Electrical and Electronics engineering,Mechanical engineering, Production and Plant engineering and
Mining and material engineering.
Universities listed in National Board of Accreditation Universities student can only apply
Please check your University is listed or not in this link http://www.nbaind.org/wa_program.aspx
English Language Ability
If you are a citizen of the United Kingdom, Canada, New Zealand, the United States of America or the Republic of Ireland or you hold a valid passport from one of those countries, you are considered to meet the English language requirement for this visa. Otherwise, you must provide evidence of having achieved the following scores from one of the specified English language tests. You must complete your English language test before you apply.
English Language Tests
- An overall score of at least 6 with a minimum score of 5 in each of the four components (listening, reading, writing and speaking) in an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) test that has been undertaken in the three years immediately prior to lodging the visa application.
- A score of at least ‘B’ in each of the four test components of an Occupational English Test (OET) test that has been undertaken in the three years immediately prior to lodging the visa application.
- A total score of at least 64 with the following minimum test scores in each of the four test components: 4 for listening, 4 for reading, 14 for writing and 14 for speaking, in a Test of English as a Foreign Language internet-based test (TOEFL iBT) test that has been undertaken in the three years immediately prior to lodging the visa application.
- An overall score of at least 50 with a minimum score of 36 in each of the four components (listening, reading, writing and speaking) in a Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic) test that has been undertaken in the three years immediately prior to lodging the visa application.
- An overall score of at least 169 with a minimum score of 154 in each of the four test components listening, reading, writing and speaking in a Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) test that was undertaken on or after 1 January 2015.
The score of an IELTS, OET, TOEFL iBT or PTE Academic test must be from a test that you sat no more than three years before you apply. The Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) test must have been undertaken on or after 1 January 2015 and before you apply.
The IELTS has an academic test and a general training test. You need only take the general training test.
GDGS Service & Processing Fees
Our Full Service & Processing Includes:
- Document checklist
- Complete Migration Processing & Application Processing
- Forms, Documentation & Petition Filing
- Guidance on acquiring the specific Police Clearance Certificate
- Assistance with Medicals
- Updates & Follow up with the Consulate
- Visa Interview Preparation – if required
- Airport Pickup*
- Accommodation Assistance*
- Relocation Orientation*
- Job Search Assistance*
*These services are provided at an additional cost.