Stavropol State Medical University
Stavropol State Medical University (Russia)
Stavropol State Medical University was founded in the year 1938 and is an 83 years old medical university. The university is located in the beautiful city of Stavropol which is the capital of Stavropol State of southern Russia. SSMU (Stavropol State Medical University) currently offers a very low MBBS fee in Russia for Indian students who wish to study MBBS abroad. The total MBBS fees in Stavropol for 2021 (September) is moderately priced (Indian Rupees 20.65 Lacs) in comparison to other major universities in the Russian Federation where Indians travel to pursue medical education. The process of MBBS admission in Stavropol is simple with minimal documentation (If the student fits in the eligibility criteria).
SSMU (Stavropol State Medical University) functions under the governance of the Ministry of Health & Ministry of Science and Higher Education of Russian Federation. The university currently offers training in several graduate, post-graduation & specialty courses in fields of medicine, dentistry & pediatrics. The university has more than 400 Indian students studying medicine in English medium. It has been more than 15 years when Stavropol State Medical University (Russia) started the English medium MBBS course in Russia for Indian students.
Stavropol State Medical University ranks on 20th position among all Russian universities that fall under the Ministry of Healthcare of Russia (According to the ranking published by Indian Embassy in Moscow for Indian students). It is one of the most reliable that attracts many students from India & 35 other countries every year due to it’s superior standards of education. The university is a popular choice among Indian students who wish to study. The university takes part in various scientific and research activities related to field of medicine and several other fields of education.
What is the total MBBS fees in Stavropol State Medical University ?
The total MBBS fees in Stavropol State Medical University is 20.65 Lacs (Indian Rupees) for Indian students. The detailed MBBS fee in Stavropol for 2021 (September Session) is given below :
- 1st Year : USD 6,000 / INR 4,20,000
- 2nd-6th/Year : USD 4,700 / INR 3,29,000
- Total Fees : USD 29,500 / INR 20,65,000
* The MBBS fee structure of Stavropol State Medical University given above includes tuition fees, hostel accommodation, medical checkup, medical insurance, visa extension & misc. charges.
What is the MBBS eligibility in Stavropol State Medical University for Indian students ?
The MBBS eligibility in Stavropol State Medical University (Russia) for admission of Indian students is as below :
- 50% Marks in PCB (In 12th/Inter/Equivalent)
- NEET qualification (2019/2020/2021)
- Minimum 17 years age (Till 31st December)
* Indian students should apply for MBBS admission in Stavrpol soon as very limited seats are available.
How to apply for MBBS admission in Stavropol State Medical University ?
Students from India and other foreign countries can apply for MBBS admission in Stavropol through a very simple admission procedure as outlined below :
- Students should submit scans of 10th, 12th/Inter mark sheets and NEET qualification (2019/2020/2021).
- University will issue the confirmed admission letter on the basis of documents submitted by the candidate.
- Students must submit scans of valid passports for invitation letter issuance.
- University will issue the invitation letter for a study visa & student’s entry to Russia.
- Students must submit original mark sheets, passports & few additional documents for study visas from the embassy.
- We will assist students with currency exchange & ticket booking before departure from India.
- Student groups are organized at the airport and they depart in batches from New Delhi (IGI Airport) to Russia.
- One of our representatives meets the student group at the airport in Russia and provides the transport to the hostel.
- All formalities of medical checkup, visa extension, contract signing, etc. are completed by our representative in Russia.
Is Stavropol State Medical University recognized by MCI/NMC & WHO ?
Yes, Stavropol State Medical University is recognized by MCI/NMC (National Medical Commission) as well as WHO (World Health Organization). This clears 2 major doubts for all students as given below :
- All Indian students who get MBBS admission in Stavropol State Medical University (Russia) can appear in the MCI Screening Test/FMGE/NExT in India. After passing this test, they can work as a registered medical practitioner in India (Either in government & private sector).
- These students can appear in entrance exam of any country for post-graduation as Stavropol State Medical University is included in the list of recognized/approved medical colleges in Russia published by WHO as per global norms.
What is the ranking of Stavropol State Medical University in Russia ?
Stavropol State Medical University ranks on 20th place among all medical institutions in Russia according to the Indian Embassy in Moscow (Russia), that issues advisory for Indian students who wish to pursue MBBS in Russia. It is among the top medical universities of Russia that provides medical education in English and a very friendly environment for foreigners. In the past 5 years, the university has become of the most chosen destinations by Indian students especially due to it’s skilled English teaching faculty.
SSMU (Stavropol) was established in 1938 and is a renowned and very old medical university of Russia. The university receives huge number of students from all countries every year with most them being from India. At present, more than 400 Indian students are pursuing medical education at the Stavropol State Medical University. It is one of the best medical colleges in Russia that provides medical education to foreign students in the English medium.
What is the duration & medium of instruction in Stavropol State Medical University ?
The total duration of MBBS course in Stavropol State Medical University is 6 years for Indian students. The exact duration of course in all government medical universities of Russia is 5 years 8 months. This duration is in general considered as 6 years as all foreign students spends full 6 years in Russia during their course of medical education. The total course duration includes internship also that is required for working as medical practitioner in Russia & neighboring countries.
The medium of instruction in Stavropol State Medical University for all foreign students is English. All the tests, exams & classes are conducted in English by teachers/professors/doctors for Indians. The university has one of the most experienced and best English speaking faculty for foreigners. It has been more than 15 years when the MBBS course in English medium was started in Stavropol for Indian students. All medical books by Indian writers are also available in university library and often referred during classes. This helps the students to be prepared for their MCI Screening Test/FMGE/NExT in India after MBBS from Stavropol.
What are the teaching faculties in SSMU, Stavropol ?
The faculties at Stavropol State Medical University (Russia) that are active at present and provide training to Russian & foreign (Indian) students are :
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Pediatrics
- Dentistry Faculty
- Faculty of Preparatory/Language Course
- Faculty of Post Graduate Courses
The universities provides training in various disciplines for graduate, post-graduate, clinical residency, Ph.D & diploma courses. The faculty of general medicine is one of the the most chosen faculties by Indian students & receives most number of applications for MBBS admission in Russia every year. Some new hostels buildings have also been built to accommodate the rapidly increasing number of foreign students (From India specially). The new hostels have much better facilities for foreign citizens as compared to the old hostels. Most of the students from India who apply for admission in Stavropol State Medical University choose to study in faculty of general medicine only.
How are classes conducted in SSMU, Stavropol ?
The classes for Indian students in Stavropol State Medical University comprise of 12-15 foreign students. These small groups perhaps helps them to learn and understand better. Indians begin their classes with a revision of science subjects and selected medical subjects (Anatomy & Histology) during 1st semester. Apart from this, local language (Russian) is also taught as a subject from the very beginning. This helps them to start interacting with local people for their their daily activities outside college/university.
During the first 2 years of MBBS course in Stavropol, emphasis is given to theoretical subjects. Students attend all of their classes within university campus. From 3rd year onwards, they have to visit hospitals in city and interact with local patients. By this time, Indian students become fluent in local language & do not face any problems in understanding local patients. This makes it easier for them to report back to their professor/doctor in English who evaluates their performance. The time students spend in hospitals for these clinical/practical classes increases with every further year.
What are the hostel facilities in Stavropol State Medical University for Indian students?
Several hostels for Indian students in Stavropol State Medical University are available within the main college campus area. A brief overview of the facilities at hostels is as below :
- Most Stavropol State Medical University hostels are located near the main campus & students can attend most classes at a walking distance from hostels.
- Indians only have to travel far from hostels when they have to attend classes in hospitals from 3rd year onwards.
- All the hostels has CCTV surveillance system & fire alarm safety system installed for the safety of foreigners.
- Students can choose 2/3/4 seater rooms which have with study tables & chairs, beds, bed-sheets, wardrobe, lamps, etc.
- They can also submit application to hostel administration, if they wish to the change their room or upgrade it to a 2/3 seater room.
- Indian boys and girls are provided accommodation on separate floors or separate hostels with complete separation.
- The hostels have facilities of kitchens, laundry, sports hall & reading hall within it’s premises on each each floor.
- It is compulsory for Indian students to stay in hostel provided by college during the first year of their MBBS in Stavropol.
- From 2nd year onwards, they can choose to rent a flat/apartments or continue to stay in college hostel.
- All Indian festivals like Diwali, Holi & Eid are also celebrated among Indian students with enthusiasm and joy every year in hostel.
- Stavropol State Medical University organizes several annual sports (Mostly Cricket tournaments for Indians) and cultural events for students to showcase their skills & talents.
How is MBBS fees in SSMU, Stavropol paid by Indian students ?
The MBBS fees in Stavropol can be paid through 2 methods. First & most widely adopted method is by which the students carry the fees with themselves from India. They purchase US Dollars in Delhi before departure & pay after arrival in Russia. Second and the rare one is when the students pays fees through bank loan. As the bank does not provide the loan amount to parent, they ask for the college account number for online transfer. In this method, the candidate must confirm transfer of fees to college immediately after his MBBS admission in Stavropol State Medical University.
Why to study MBBS in Stavropol State Medical University, Russia ?
Some of useful facts which might make it easier for a student to decide about studying MBBS in Stavropol State Medical University are as mentioned below :
- SSMU (Stavropol State Medical University) ranks on 20th place among all medical universities in whole Russian Federation.
- It has recognition from MCI/NMC (National Medical Commission) as well as WHO, so the medical degree is valid in whole world.
- Being a more than 83 years old medical university of Russia, Stavropol State Medical University witnesses good number of admissions.
- It is one of the reliable choices of Indian students for MBBS in Russia due to it’s ranking, English medium & Indian students community.
- The university has been training foreign students (Including Indians) in English medium since more than 15 years now.
- More than 10 batches of Indian students have passed out from the English medium MBBS course at the Stavropol State Medical University.
- The faculty of medicine at SSMU is highly experienced & skilled in training Indian students in field of medicine in English medium.
- Students get ample exposure to clinical & practical sessions by interacting with local patients in hospitals under doctor’s supervision.
- The total MBBS fees in Stavropol State Medical University for English medium course is affordable for most middle class families in India.
- MBBS admission in Stavropol State Medical University is quite simple & straight forward with an easily achievable eligibility requirement.
- By the time students complete their medical course, they have full command over another foreign language too i.e. Russian.
Steps after MBBS from Stavropol State Medical University (Russia) :
Some of the most important points that all Indian students who graduate after MBBS from Stavropol State Medical University, Russia must be aware of are :
- All Indian students must appear and qualify for the MCI Screening Test/FMGE/NExT in India after they receive MD (Physician) degree.
- This MD (Physician) degree is equivalent to the MBBS degree in India and has no difference.
- The FMGE (Foreign Medical Graduates Exam)/NeXT (National Exit Test) is organized twice every year i.e. in June & December.
- This is a qualifying exam in online mode and students must score 50% marks to pass it.
- There is no limit to the number of times a student can appear in this exam until he clears it.
- They have to serve a 1-year internship in India after clearing this test in any part of India.
- The students get permanent registration in India once they complete their internship in India.
- Doctors can now either work in government/private hospitals or run their own clinics in India or appear in NEET PG.
- Doctors who want to pursue further PG education in English-speaking countries can appear in USMLE, PLAB, NZREX, etc.
- Hundreds of Indians from BSMU, Ufa have cleared their exams in India & are currently working successfully in India.
About Stavropol City :
Stavropol is the capital of Stavropol province of Russia and is the agricultural, scientific, industrial, cultural & administrative center of state. The city is also known as the Pearl of Southern Russia. People from more than hundred nationalities live peacefully in Stavropol & exchange traditions/culture among them. One other name of the city is Gate of Caucasus region as it has a huge density of trees & flowers everywhere in city like squares, parks, streets, etc. The city of Stavropol is well connected by air, rail & road to Moscow & other major cities of Russia. Trams, trolleybuses, vans, taxis, etc. as readily available for transport within the city at very cheap fares.
Stavropol is often known as a student’s city as it has more than 10 higher education institutes which together have approx. 85,000 students studying currently. Almost all the Indian students in the city are studying MBBS in Stavropol State Medical University. At present, more than 400 students from India are pursuing medical education here in English medium. The temperature in summers reaches up to +35 degree, while winters can be as cold as -10 to -15 degrees. The city is a very pleasant place for students who wish to study MBBS in Russia in an affordable fees and at a peaceful place.
Related Universities :
- Izhevsk State Medical Academy
- Crimea Federal University
- Bashkir State Medical University
- Kazan State Medical University
- Kazan Federal University