South Kazakh Medical Academy
South Kazakh Medical Academy (Kazakhstan)
South Kazakh Medical Academy was established in 1979 and is 42 years old medical university located in South Kazakhstan. The medical academy is located in the city of Shymkent which is the 3rd largest & populous city of Kazakhstan. It offers one of the lowest MBBS fees in Kazakhstan for Indian students who choose to study MBBS abroad. The total MBBS fees in South Kazakh for 2021 (September) is very low (Indian Rupees 17.29 Lacs) as compared to other countries where Indians travel to acquire medical education. The process of MBBS admission in South Kazakh is very straightforward and simple with minimal documentation involved.
South Kazakh Medical Academy (Shymkent) functions under the administration of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan. The university offers courses at undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral levels in various fields of medical education. South Kazakh Medical Academy (Kazakhstan) is one of those higher education institutions of Kazakhstan that receives huge number of applications from Indian students every year for English medium MBBS course in Kazakhstan. Apart from being a leading & top ranked university of Kazakhstan, it also actively contributes to research and scientific activities in fields of medicine & pharmacology.
South Kazakh Medical Academy ranks on 4th position among all medical colleges in Kazakhstan. This is one of the reasons that make it the most attractive destination for students from several neighboring countries to study MBBS in Kazakhstan. At present, the university has more than 3,000 students studying in various fields of medicine & pharmacy. More than 500 teachers, doctors, professors, Ph.D’s are actively engaged in training these students. SKMA (South Kazakh Medical Academy), Shymkent also has many student exchange programs with renowned universities of Uzbekistan, Russia, Ukraine & several CIS countries for the benefit of students.
What is the total MBBS fees in South Kazakh Medical Academy ?
- 1st Year : USD 5,500 / INR 3,85,000
- 2nd-5th/Year : USD 4,800 / INR 3,36,000
- Total Fees : USD 24,700 / INR 17,29,000
What is the MBBS eligibility in South Kazakh Medical Academy (Kazakhstan) for Indian students?
The MBBS eligibility in South Kazakh Medical Academy (Kazakhstan) for admission of Indian students is as below :
- 50% Marks in PCB (In 12th/Inter/Equivalent)
- NEET qualification (2019/2020/2021)
- Minimum 17 years age (Till 31st December)
* Indian students should apply for MBBS admission in South Kazakh soon as very limited seats are available.
How to apply for MBBS admission in South Kazakh Medical Academy (Kazakhstan)?
Students from India and other foreign countries can apply for MBBS admission in South Kazakh through a very simple admission procedure as outlined below :
- Student should submit scans of 10th, 12th/Inter marksheets and NEET qualification (2019/2020/2021).
- University will issue the confirmed admission letter on the basis of documents submitted by candidate.
- Student must submit the scans of valid passport for invitation letter issuance.
- University will issue the invitation letter for study visa & student’s entry to Kazakhstan.
- Student must submit original marksheets, passport & few additional documents for study visa from embassy.
- We will assist students for currency exchange & ticket booking before departure from India.
- Student groups are organized at airport and they depart in batches from New Delhi (IGI Airport) to Kazakhstan.
- One of our representatives meets the student group at airport in Kazakhstan and provides them transport to hostel.
- All formalities of medical checkup, visa extension, contract signing, etc. are completed by our representative in Kazakhstan.
* All eligible candidates can apply for MBBS admission in Kazakhstan online too (Due to the Covid-19 pandemic) or can visit any of our offices given on the website with prior appointments.
Is South Kazakh Medical Academy recognized by MCI/NMC & WHO?
Yes, South Kazakh Medical Academy is recognized by MCI/NMC (National Medical Commission) as well as WHO (World Health Organization). This clears 2 major doubts for all students as given below :
- All Indian students who get MBBS admission in South Kazakh Medical Academy (Kazakhstan) can appear in the MCI Screening Test/FMGE/NExT in India. After passing this test, they can work as a registered medical practitioner in India (Either in the government & private sector).
- These students can appear in the entrance exam of any country for post-graduation as South Kazakh Medical Academy is included in the list of recognized/approved medical colleges in Kazakhstan published by WHO as per global norms.
What is the ranking of South Kazakh Medical Academy (Kazakhstan)?
South Kazakh Medical Academy ranks in 3rd position (According to an average of most ranking platforms online) among all higher education medical institutions in Kazakhstan. It is one of the top destinations for Indian students and is also among the top medical universities of Kazakhstan that provides superior medical education in English medium and a very friendly environment for foreigners.
SKMA, Shymkent is undoubtedly one of the best medical colleges of Kazakhstan which was established in the year 1979. It is a 42 years old medical college of Kazakhstan and has always been among top higher education medical universities of Kazakhstan. The college currently has more than 700 Indian students alone who are studying general medicine in English medium.
What is the duration & medium of instruction in South Kazakh Medical Academy?
The total duration of the MBBS course in South Kazakh Medical Academy is 6 years for Indian students. The exact duration of the course in all government medical universities of Kazakhstan is 5 years 8 months. This duration is in general considered as 6 years as all foreign students spend full 6 years in Kazakhstan during their course of medical education. The total course duration includes an internship also that is required for working as a medical practitioner in Kazakhstan & neighboring countries.
The medium of instruction in South Kazakh Medical Academy for all foreign students in English. All the tests, exams & classes are conducted in English by teachers/professors/doctors for Indians. The university has one of the most experienced and best English-speaking faculty for foreigners. It has been more than 15 years when the MBBS course in English medium was started in Semey for Indian students. All medical books by Indian writers are also available in the university libraries and often referred to during classes. This helps the students to be prepared for their MCI Screening Test/FMGE/NExT in India after MBBS from Semey.
What are the teaching faculties in SKMA, Shymkent?
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Pharmacology
- Pediatrics Faculty
- Preparatory Course/Language Faculty
- Post-Graduate Specialization
How are classes conducted in SKMA, Shymkent?
The classes for Indian students in South Kazakh Medical Academy comprise of 12-15 foreign students. These small groups perhaps helps them to learn and understand better. Indians begin their classes with a revision of science subjects and selected medical subjects (Anatomy & Histology) during 1st semester. Apart from this, local language (Kazakh) is also taught as a subject from the very beginning. This helps them to start interacting with local people for their their daily activities outside college/university.
During the first 2 years of the MBBS course in South Kazakh, emphasis is given to theoretical subjects. Students attend all of their classes on university campus. From 3rd year onwards, they have to visit hospitals in city and interact with local patients. By this time, Indian students become fluent in local language & do not face any problems in understanding local patients. This makes it easier for them to report back to their professor/doctor in English who evaluates their performance. The time students spend in hospitals for these clinical/practical classes increases with every further year.
What are the hostel facilities in South Kazakh Medical Academy for Indian students?
All hostels for Indian students in South Kazakh Medical Academy are available within the main college campus area. A brief overview of the facilities at hostels is as below :
- All South Kazakh Medical Academy hostels are located within the main campus & students can attend most classes in college at a walking distance.
- Indians only have to travel out of campus when they have to attend classes in hospitals from 3rd year onwards.
- All the hostels has CCTV surveillance system & fire alarm safety system installed for the safety of foreigners.
- Students can choose 2/3/4 seater rooms which have with study tables & chairs, beds, bed-sheets, wardrobe, lamps, etc.
- They can also submit application to hostel administration, if they wish to the change their room or upgrade it to a 2/3 seater room.
- Indian boys and girls are provided accommodation on separate floors or separate hostels with complete separation.
- The hostels have facilities of kitchens, laundry, sports hall & reading hall within it’s premises on each each floor.
- It is compulsory for Indian students to stay in hostel provided by college during the first year of their MBBS in Semey.
- From 2nd year onwards, they can choose to rent a flat/apartments or continue to stay in college hostel.
- Indian mess facility is available in all hostels of Semey State Medical University where they can have breakfast, lunch & dinner.
- The Indian mess is compulsory for all students in 1st year & they can from vegetarian & non-vegetarian options available.
- All Indian festivals like Diwali, Holi & Eid are also celebrated among Indian students with enthusiasm and joy every year in hostel.
- South Kazakh Medical Academy organizes annual sports (Mostly Cricket tournaments) and cultural events for students to showcase their skills & talents.
How is MBBS fees in SKMA, Shymkent paid by Indian students?
The MBBS fees in SKMA, Shymkent can be paid through 2 methods. The first & most widely adopted method is by which the students carry the fees with themselves from India. They purchase US Dollars in Delhi before departure & pay after arrival in Kazakhstan. Second and the rare one is when the students pays fees through bank loan. As the bank does not provide the loan amount to parent, they ask for the college account number for online transfer. In this method, the candidate must confirm transfer of fees to college immediately after his MBBS admission in South Kazakh Medical Academy.
Why to study MBBS in South Kazakh Medical Academy ?
Some of the useful facts which might make it easier for a student to decide about studying MBBS in South Kazakh Medical Academy are as mentioned below :
- SKMA (South Kazakh Medical Academy ) ranks on 3rd position among all medical universities of Kazakhstan.
- It has recognition from MCI/NMC (National Medical Commission) as well as WHO, so the medical degree is valid in the whole world.
- Being a 68 years old medical university of Kazakhstan, South Kazakh Medical Academy witnesses a good number of admissions from India.
- The faculty of medicine at SKMA is highly experienced & skilled in training Indian students in field of medicine in English medium.
- The total duration of MBBS in South Kazakh is “5” years i.e. 1 year less than most of neighboring countries like Russia & Ukraine.
- Students get ample exposure to clinical & practical sessions by interacting with local patients in hospitals under doctor’s supervision.
- The total MBBS fees in South Kazakh Medical Academy is one of the lowest which any university offers for an English medium medical course.
- MBBS admission in South Kazakh Medical Academy is straightforward and simple with an easily achievable eligibility requirement.
- Indian mess facility is available in all hostel premises so that students do not have to waste time in preparing food themselves.
- By the time students complete their medical course, they have full command over another foreign language too i.e. Kazakh.
Steps after MBBS from South Kazakh Medical Academy :
Some of the most important points that all Indian students who graduate after MBBS from South Kazakh Medical Academy , Kazakhstan must be aware of are :
- All Indian students must appear and qualify the MCI Screening Test/FMGE/NExT in India after they receive MD (Physician) degree.
- This MD (Physician) degree equivalent to the MBBS degree in India and has no difference.
- The FMGE (Foreign Medical Graduates Exam)/NeXT (National Exit Test) is organized twice every year i.e. in June & December.
- This is a qualifying exam in online mode and students must score 50% marks to pass it.
- There is no limit to the number of times a student can appear in this exam until he clears it.
- They have to serve 1 year internship in India after clearing this test in any part of India.
- The students get permanent registration in India once they complete their internship in India.
- Doctors can now either work in government/private hospitals or run their own clinics in India or appear in NEET PG too.
- Doctors who want to pursue further PG education in English speaking countries can appear in USMLE, PLAB, NZREX, etc.
- Hundreds of Indians from SKMA, South Kazakh have cleared their exams in India & are currently working successfully in India.
About Shymkent City :
Shymkent city is an economic hub of South Kazakh region and has more 70 factories, plants & manufacturing units. The city is also one of the prime destinations in Kazakhstan for education with more than 10 higher education universities situated in city. Most Indian students travel to this city with the sole objective of studying MBBS in Shymkent State Medical Academy in English medium. It is one of the finest, top ranked and affordable medical universities in Kazakhstan. The city features a humid continental climate bordering on mediterranean climate where summers are hot and dry with temperature reaching up to +33 degree Celsius, while winters have an average low temperature of 0 to -5 degree Celsius. Shymkent can prove to be one of the best variants for students to study MBBS abroad in Kazakhstan at an affordable price in a peaceful city.
Related Universities :
- West Kazakhstan State Medical University
- North Kazakhstan State University
- Semey State Medical University
- Kazakh National Medical University