Poltava State Medical University
Poltava State Medical University (Ukraine)
Poltava State Medical Academy was founded in the year 1921 and completed its 100 years this year. The university is located in Poltava (Capital of Poltava state), a city located almost mid-way between Kyiv & Kharkiv. The university offers a low MBBS fee in Ukraine for Indian students who wish to study MBBS abroad. The total MBBS fees in Poltava for 2021 (September) is affordable (Indian Rupees 22.29 Lacs) as compared to other universities in the Ukraine where Indians travel to pursue medical education. The process of MBBS admission in Poltava is simple with minimal documentation (If the student fits in the eligibility criteria).
Ukrainian Medical Dental Academy (Poltava) is another name by which this university is often referred in many places. It started as a dental institute in Kharkiv and was later moved to Poltava before it was named as Poltava State Medical University. It has level IV accreditation and has more than 300 Indian students who are currently studying in English medium MBBS course in Ukraine. Among all the international students studying in Poltava, Indian students comprise a significant part of them.
Poltava State Medical University ranks on 10th position (According to Webometrics ranking platform) among all medical colleges in Ukraine that fall under the Ministry of Healthcare of Ukraine. The university is now 100 years old and considered one of the most modern & affordable medical universities of Ukraine. It has been more than 15 years when the university started the English medium course of MBBS in Ukraine for Indian students. Today, it is one of the popular choices among Indian students who wish to study MBBS in Ukraine at affordable fees in the English medium.
What is the total MBBS fees in Poltava State Medical University ?
- 1st Year : USD 6,150 / INR 4,30,500
- 2nd-6th/Year : USD 4,500 – USD 5,300
- Total Fees : USD 31,850 / INR 22,29,500
What is the MBBS eligibility in Poltava State Medical University for Indian students?
The MBBS eligibility in Poltava State Medical University (Ukraine) for admission of Indian students is as below :
- 50% Marks in PCB (In 12th/Inter/Equivalent)
- NEET qualification (2019/2020/2021)
- Minimum 17 years age (Till 31st December)
* Indian students should apply for MBBS admission in Poltava soon as very limited seats are available.
How to apply for MBBS admission in Poltava State Medical University?
Students from India and other foreign countries can apply for MBBS admission in Poltava through a very simple admission procedure as outlined below :
- Student should submit scans of 10th, 12th/Inter marksheets and NEET qualification (2019/2020/2021).
- University will issue the confirmed admission letter on the basis of documents submitted by candidate.
- Student must submit the scans of valid passport for invitation letter issuance.
- University will issue the invitation letter for study visa & student’s entry to Ukraine.
- Student must submit original marksheets, passport & few additional documents for study visa from embassy.
- We will assist students for currency exchange & ticket booking before departure from India.
- Student groups are organized at airport and they depart in batches from New Delhi (IGI Airport) to Ukraine.
- One of our representatives meets the student group at airport in Ukraine and provides them transport to hostel.
- All formalities of medical checkup, visa extension, contract signing, etc. are completed by our representative in Ukraine.
Is Poltava State Medical University recognized by MCI/NMC & WHO?
Yes, Poltava State Medical University is recognized by MCI/NMC (National Medical Commission) as well as WHO (World Health Organization). This clears 2 major doubts for all students as given below :
- All Indian students who get MBBS admission in Poltava State Medical University (Ukraine) can appear in the MCI Screening Test/FMGE/NExT in India. After passing this test, they can work as a registered medical practitioner in India (Either in the government & private sector).
- These students can appear in the entrance exam of any country for post-graduation as Izhevsk State Medical Academy is included in the list of recognized/approved medical colleges in Ukraine published by WHO as per global norms.
What is the ranking of Poltava State Medical University in Ukraine?
Poltava State Medical University ranks on 10th position among all higher medical institutions in Ukraine. It is considered one of the top medical universities of Ukraine that provides medical education in English. A very high standard of education, low medical course fees & modern hostels with good facilities has made it one of the most chosen medical universities in Ukraine by Indian students.
Ukrainian Medical Dental Academy (Poltava) was established in 1921 and is a 100 years old medical university of Ukraine. The university receives a significant number of students from India every year. At present, more than 300 Indian students are pursuing medical education at the Poltava State Medical University. It is one of the best medical colleges in Ukraine that provides medical education to Indian students in the English medium.
What is the duration & medium of instruction in Poltava State Medical University?
The total duration of the MBBS course in Poltava State Medical University is 6 years for Indian students. The exact duration of the course in all government medical universities of Ukraine is 5 years 8 months. This duration is in general considered as 6 years as all foreign students spend full 6 years in Ukraine during their course of medical education. The total course duration includes an internship also that is required for working as a medical practitioner in Ukraine & neighboring countries.
The medium of instruction in Poltava State Medical University for all foreign students is English. All the tests, exams & classes are conducted in English by teachers/professors/doctors for Indians. The university has one of the most experienced and best English-speaking faculty for foreigners. It has been more than 15 years when the MBBS course in English medium was started in Lugansk for Indian students. All medical books by Indian writers are also available in the university libraries and often referred to during classes. This helps the students to be prepared for their MCI Screening Test/FMGE/NExT in India after MBBS from Poltava.
What are the teaching faculties in MBBS fees in Ukrainian Medical Dental Academy (Poltava)?
- Faculty of Medicine
- Pediatrics Faculty
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Faculty of Pediatrics
- Preparatory/Language Faculty
- Postgraduate Faculty
How are classes conducted in MBBS fees in Ukrainian Medical Dental Academy (Poltava)?
The classes for Indian students in Poltava State Medical University comprise of 12-15 foreign students. These small groups perhaps helps them to learn and understand better. Indians begin their classes with a revision of science subjects and selected medical subjects (Anatomy & Histology) during 1st semester. Apart from this, local language (Ukrainian/Russian) is also taught as a subject from the very beginning. This helps them to start interacting with local people for their their daily activities outside college/university.
During the first 2 years of MBBS course in Poltava, emphasis is given to theoretical subjects. Students attend all of their classes within university campus. From 3rd year onwards, they have to visit hospitals in city and interact with local patients. By this time, Indian students become fluent in local language & do not face any problems in understanding local patients. This makes it easier for them to report back to their professor/doctor in English who evaluates their performance. The time students spend in hospitals for these clinical/practical classes increases with every further year.
What are the hostel facilities in Poltava State Medical University for Indian students?
All hostels for Indian students in Poltava State Medical University are available within the main college campus area. A brief overview of the facilities at hostels is as below :
- Poltava State Medical University hostels are located near the main university campus within walking distance.
- Indian students only have to travel far from hostels when they have to attend classes in hospitals (From the 3rd year onwards).
- Indian students are provided accommodation in government hostels which only have foreign students (Mostly Indians).
- The hostels have facilities of kitchens, laundry, sports hall & reading hall within its premises on each floor.
- It is compulsory for Indian students to stay in a hostel provided by the university during the 1st year of their MBBS in Lugansk.
- From the 2nd year onwards, they can choose to rent a flat/apartment or continue to stay in a university hostel.
- Indian mess facility is available in all hostels of Lugansk State Medical University where they can have breakfast, lunch & dinner.
- The Indian mess is compulsory for all students in 1st year & they can from vegetarian & non-vegetarian options available.
- All the hostels have CCTV surveillance systems & fire alarm safety systems installed for the safety of foreigners.
- Students can choose 2/3/4 seater rooms which have study tables & chairs, beds, bed-sheets, wardrobe, lamps, etc.
- They can also submit an application to hostel administration if they wish to change their room or upgrade it to a 2/3 seater room.
- All Indian festivals like Diwali, Holi & Eid are also celebrated among Indian students with enthusiasm and joy every year in the hostel.
- Lugansk State Medical University organizes annual sports and cultural events for students to showcase their skills & talents.
How is MBBS fees in MBBS fees in Ukrainian Medical Dental Academy (Poltava) paid by Indian students?
The MBBS fees in Poltava can be paid through 2 methods. First & most widely adopted method is by which the students carry the fees with themselves from India. They purchase US Dollars in Delhi before departure & pay after arrival in Ukraine. Second and the rare one is when the students pays fees through bank loan. As the bank does not provide the loan amount to parent, they ask for the college account number for online transfer. In this method, the candidate must confirm transfer of fees to college immediately after his MBBS admission in Poltava State Medical University.
Why to study MBBS in Poltava State Medical University, Ukraine?
Some of the useful facts which might make it easier for a student to decide about studying MBBS in Poltava State Medical University are as mentioned below :
- Poltava State Medical University ranks on 10th position among all medical universities in Ukraine (According to Webometrics).
- It has recognition from MCI/NMC (National Medical Commission) as well as WHO, so the medical degree is valid in whole world.
- Being a more than 100 years old medical university of Ukraine, Poltava State Medical University witnesses a good number of admissions from India every year.
- It is one of the top choices of Indian students for MBBS in whole Ukraine due to it’s top ranking & large number of Indians studying here.
- The university has been training foreign students (Including Indians) in English medium since more than 15 years now.
- More than 10 batches of Indian students have passed out from the English medium MBBS course at the Poltava State Medical University.
- The faculty of medicine at Ukrainian Medical Dental Academy (Poltava) is highly experienced & skilled in training Indian students in field of medicine in English medium.
- Students get ample exposure to clinical & practical sessions by interacting with local patients in hospitals under doctor’s supervision.
- The total MBBS fees in Poltava State Medical University for English medium course is quite low in comparison to other universities in Ukraine.
- Indian mess facility is available in all hostel premises so that students do not have to waste time in preparing food themselves.
- MBBS admission in Poltava State Medical University is quite simple & straight forward with an easily achievable eligibility requirement.
- By the time students complete their medical course, they have full command over another foreign language too i.e. Ukrainian/Russian.
Steps after MBBS from Poltava State Medical University (Ukraine) :
Some of the most important points that all Indian students who graduate after MBBS from Poltava State Medical University, Ukraine must be aware of are :
- All Indian students must appear and qualify for the MCI Screening Test/FMGE/NExT in India after they receive MD (Physician) degree.
- This MD (Physician) degree is equivalent to the MBBS degree in India and has no difference.
- The FMGE (Foreign Medical Graduates Exam)/NeXT (National Exit Test) is organized twice every year i.e. in June & December.
- This is a qualifying exam in online mode and students must score 50% marks to pass it.
- There is no limit to the number of times a student can appear in this exam until he clears it.
- They have to serve a 1-year internship in India after clearing this test in any part of India.
- The students get permanent registration in India once they complete their internship in India.
- Doctors can now either work in government/private hospitals or run their own clinics in India or appear in NEET PG too.
- Doctors who want to pursue further PG education in English-speaking countries can appear in USMLE, PLAB, NZREX, etc.
- Hundreds of Indians from LSMU (Lugansk) have cleared their exams in India & are currently working successfully in India.
About Poltava City :
Poltava is the capital of the Poltava state of Ukraine and is located between the central & eastern regions of the country. The city is located on the banks of the Vorskla River and between 2 major cities of Ukraine i.e. Kyiv & Kharkiv. It has good road and rail connectivity with both the above cities. Poltava also has a domestic airport with regular flights to all major cities of Ukraine. For local transportation within the city, trams, trolleybuses, vans, taxis, etc. are available round the clock. Some of the major tourist attractions of city are Building of Noble Assembly, Regional Philharmonic Society, Ivan Kotlyarevsky’s Burial, Grand Hotel, Mass Burial of Russian Soldiers and many more.
Poltava has many higher educational institutes other than Ukrainian Medical Dental Academy viz. Poltava National Pedagogical University, Poltava National Technical University, Poltava Agrarian State Academy, Poltava University of Economics & Trade and few more. Indian students generally travel to Poltava with the sole motive of MBBS in Poltava State Medical Academy in English medium. The city is very welcoming towards foreign citizens and people from different nationalities & cultures live together peacefully. The city witnesses moderate continental climate with pleasant summers and a moderate winter season with temperatures falling up to -5 degrees Celsius.
Related Universities :
- Kyiv Medical University of UAFM
- Bukovinian State Medical University
- Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University
- Black Sea National University
- Uzhhorod National University
- Donetsk National Medical University
- Sumy State University
- Ternopil National Medical University
- Zaporozhye State Medical University
- Kharkiv National Medical University
- VN Karazin Kharkiv National University
- Vinnytsia National Medical University
- Bogomolets National Medical University
- Lviv National Medical University
- Taras Shevchenko National University