Osh State Medical University
Osh State Medical University (Kyrgyzstan)
Osh State Medical University is government university that was officially established in year 1993. Earlier, it was known as Osh Pedagogical Institute back in 1951 when it was started. OSMU (Osh State Medical University) currently offers one of the lowest MBBS fees in Kyrgyzstan for Indian students who wish to study MBBS abroad. The total MBBS fees in Osh for 2021 (September) is very low (Indian Rupees 13.30 Lacs) as compared to other countries where Indians travel to pursue medical education. The process of MBBS admission in Osh is simple with minimal documentation (If the student fits in the eligibility criteria).
OSMU, Osh is located in the city of Osh (Capital of Osh State) which is approx. 600 kms. by road from Bishkek. It functions according to the regulations of Ministry of Health and Ministry of Education & Science of Kyrgyzstan. Osh State Medical University has gained more popularity than any other medical colleges in Kyrgyzstan. This is the reason that this university still remains the first choice of students who wish to study MBBS in Kyrgyzstan. The university takes part in various scientific and research activities related to field of medicine and students can learn a lot from these.
The ranking of Osh State Medical University has always been among the top 10 universities of Kyrgyzstan. Such stable and good rankings are mainly due to 2 main factors. Firstly, it is government university which is more than 25 years old and provides training for graduate as well a postgraduate courses in various specialties. Secondly, it is among those few universities of Kyrgyzstan that took the initiative to launch English medium MBBS course in Kyrgyzstan. Hence, it has one of the best English medium teaching faculties in Kyrgyzstan.
What is the total MBBS fees in Osh State Medical University ?
The total MBBS fees in Osh State Medical University is 14.16 Lacs (Indian Rupees) for Indian students. The detailed MBBS fee in Osh for 2021 (September Session) is given below :
- 1st Year : USD 6,200 / INR 4,34,000
- 2nd-5th/Year : USD 3,200 / INR 2,24,000
- Total Fees : USD 19,000 / INR 13,30,000
What is the MBBS eligibility in Osh State Medical University for Indian students ?
The MBBS eligibility in Osh State Medical University (Kyrgyzstan) for admission of Indian students is as below :
- 50% Marks in PCB (In 12th/Inter/Equivalent)
- NEET qualification (2019/2020/2021)
- Minimum 17 years age (Till 31st December)
How to apply for MBBS admission in Osh State Medical University ?
Students from India and other foreign countries can apply for MBBS admission in Osh through a very simple admission procedure as outlined below :
- Student should submit scans of 10th, 12th/Inter marksheets and NEET qualification (2019/2020/2021).
- University will issue the confirmed admission letter on the basis of documents submitted by candidate.
- Student must submit the scans of valid passport for invitation letter issuance.
- University will issue the invitation letter for study visa & student’s entry to Kyrgyzstan.
- Student must submit original marksheets, passport & few additional documents for study visa from embassy.
- We will assist students for currency exchange & ticket booking before departure from India.
- Student groups are organized at airport and they depart in batches from New Delhi (IGI Airport) to Kyrgyzstan.
- One of our representatives meets the student group at airport in Kyrgyzstan and provides them transport to hostel.
- All formalities of medical checkup, visa extension, contract signing, etc. are completed by our representative in Kyrgyzstan.
* All eligible candidates can apply for MBBS admission in Kyrgyzstan online too (Due to Covid-19 pandemic) or can visit any of our offices given on website with prior appointment.
Is Osh State Medical University recognized by MCI/NMC & WHO ?
Yes, Osh State Medical University is recognized by MCI/NMC (National Medical Commission) as well as WHO (World Health Organization). This clears 2 major doubts for all students as given below :
- All Indian students who get MBBS admission in Osh State Medical University (Kyrgyzstan) can appear in the MCI Screening Test/FMGE/NExT in India. After passing this test, they can work as a registered medical practitioner in India (Either in government & private sector).
- These students can appear in entrance exam of any country for post-graduation as Osh State Medical University is included in the list of recognized/approved medical colleges in Kyrgyzstan published by WHO as per global norms.
What is the ranking of Osh State Medical University in Kyrgyzstan ?
Osh State Medical University ranks on 8th position (According to average of most ranking platforms online) among all higher education institutions in Kyrgyzstan. It is a very renowned destination for Indian students and is considered among the few top medical universities of Kyrgyzstan that provide top notch medical education and a very friendly environment for foreigners.
OSMU is one of the best medical colleges of Kyrgyzstan which was established in the year 1993. It is one of those institution that gained immense popularity among Indian students within a very short span of time. The college currently has more than 1,000 Indian students studying medicine in English medium.
What is the duration & medium of instruction in Osh State Medical University ?
The total duration of MBBS course in Osh State Medical University is 5 years for Indian students. Few years ago, the duration of MBBS in Osh was 6 years as in neighboring countries. But the college now offers 5 years course in addition to the old 6 years course which is still. Most of the Indian students generally choose the 5 years course as they save 1 year time & expenses too.
The medium of instruction in Osh State Medical University for all foreign students is English. All the tests, exams & classes are conducted in English by teachers/professors/doctors for Indians. In additional to the local Kyrgyz teachers that teach foreign citizens, there are few Indian teachers too. These teachers are specially appointed by the college so as to train & prepare Indian students for the MCI Screening Test/FMGE/NExT.
What are the teaching faculties in OSMU, Osh ?
The faculties at Osh State Medical University (Kyrgyzstan) that are active at present and provide training to national & foreign students are :
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Nursing Faculty
- Faculty of Post-graduate Specialization
- Faculty for Diploma Courses
- Preparatory/Language Faculty
The faculty of general medicine is the most active faculty and has maximum staff engaged in its management. It receives the most number of applications among all faculties for MBBS admission in Kyrgyzstan. Some new hostels buildings have also been built to accommodate the rapidly increasing number of foreign students (From India specially). The new hostels have much better facilities for foreign citizens as compared to the old hostels. Most of the students from India who apply for admission in Osh State Medical University choose to study in faculty of general medicine only.
How are classes conducted in OSMU, Osh ?
The classes for Indian students in Osh State Medical University comprise of 12-15 foreign students. These small groups perhaps helps them to learn and understand better. Indians begin their classes with a revision of science subjects and selected medical subjects (Anatomy & Histology) during 1st semester. Apart from this, local language (Kyrgyz/Russian) is also taught as a subject from the very beginning. This helps them to start interacting with local people for their their daily activities outside college/university.
During the first 2 years of MBBS course in Osh, emphasis is given to theoretical subjects. Students attend all of their classes within university campus. From 3rd year onwards, they have to visit hospitals in city and interact with local patients. By this time, Indian students become fluent in local language & do not face any problems in understanding local patients. This makes it easier for them to report back to their professor/doctor in English who evaluates their performance. The time students spend in hospitals for these clinical/practical classes increases with every further year.
What are the hostel facilities in Osh State Medical University for Indian students ?
- All OSMU, Osh hostels are located within the main campus & students can attend most classes in college at a walking distance.
- Indians only have to travel out of campus when they have to attend classes in hospitals from 3rd year onwards.
- All the hostels has CCTV surveillance system & fire alarm safety system installed for the safety of foreigners.
- Students can choose 2/3/4 seater rooms which have with study tables & chairs, beds, bed-sheets, wardrobe, lamps, etc.
- They can also submit application to hostel administration, if they wish to the change their room or upgrade it to a 2/3 seater room.
- Indian boys and girls are provided accommodation on separate floors or separate hostels with complete separation.
- The hostels have facilities of kitchens, laundry, sports hall & reading hall within it’s premises on each each floor.
- It is compulsory for Indian students to stay in hostel provided by college during the first year of their MBBS in Osh.
- From 2nd year onwards, they can choose to rent a flat/apartments or continue to stay in college hostel.
- Indian mess facility is available in all hostels of Osh State Medical University where they can have breakfast, lunch & dinner.
- The Indian mess is compulsory for all students in 1st year & they can from vegetarian & non-vegetarian options available.
- All Indian festivals like Diwali, Holi & Eid are also celebrated among Indian students with enthusiasm and joy every year in hostel.
- Osh State Medical University organizes annual sports (Mostly Cricket tournaments) and cultural events for students to showcase their skills & talents.
How is MBBS fees in OSMU, Osh paid by Indian students ?
The MBBS fees in Osh can be paid through 2 methods. First & most widely adopted method is by which the students carry the fees with themselves from India. They purchase US Dollars in Delhi before departure & pay after arrival in Kyrgyzstan. Second and the rare one is when the students pays fees through bank loan. As the bank does not provide the loan amount to parent, they ask for the college account number for online transfer. In this method, the candidate must confirm transfer of fees to college immediately after his MBBS admission in Osh State Medical University.
Why to study MBBS in Osh State Medical University, Kyrgyzstan ?
Some of the most important points that all Indian students who graduate after MBBS from Osh State Medical University, Kyrgyzstan must be aware of are :
- All Indian students must appear and qualify the MCI Screening Test/FMGE/NExT in India after they receive MD (Physician) degree.
- This MD (Physician) degree equivalent to the MBBS degree in India and has no difference.
- The FMGE (Foreign Medical Graduates Exam)/NeXT (National Exit Test) is organized twice every year i.e. in June & December.
- This is a qualifying exam in online mode and students must score 50% marks to pass it.
- There is no limit to the number of times a student can appear in this exam until he clears it.
- They have to serve 1 year internship in India after clearing this test in any part of India.
- The students get permanent registration in India once they complete their internship in India.
- Doctors can now either work in government/private hospitals or run their own clinics in India or appear in NEET PG too.
- Doctors who want to pursue further PG education in English speaking countries can appear in USMLE, PLAB, NZREX, etc.
- Hundreds of Indians from OSMU, Osh have cleared their exams in India & are currently working successfully in India.
About Osh City :
Osh is the 2nd largest city of Kyrgyzstan and is often referred as the “South Capital of Kyrgyzstan”. It is the oldest city of Kyrgyzstan & the capital of Osh provincial region. The city has mixed culture and population of Russians, Kyrgyz, Uzbeks & Tajiks. The city has direct connectivity with Bishkek through Osh international airport and by road too. Due to the mountainous ranges outside city, there is no railway connectivity with some nearby cities including Bishkek. The Sulayman Mountains (Only World Heritage site in Kyrgyzstan) is located in Osh and offers a splendid view of Osh and its natural beauty.
The city of Osh is an educational hub for foreign students (Especially from India) who come to study in OSMU (Osh State Medical University, Kyrgyzstan). The city has lots of stadium, sports centers, swimming pools, winter sports, skiing centers, cinemas, parks, etc. for recreational activities. The people in city love to interact with foreigners and enjoy a peaceful life. Indian students who graduated from Osh have often said that the time they spent in Osh was one of the best times of their lives.
Related Universities :
- Asian Medical Institute
- Jalalabad State Medical University
- Kyrgyz State Medical University
- International School of Medicine