Orenburg State Medical University
Orenburg State Medical University (Russia)
Orenburg State Medical University was founded in the year 1944 and is located in Orenburg city which is the capital of Orenburg state of Russia. OSMU, Orenburg currently offers an affordable MBBS fee in Russia for Indian students who wish to study MBBS abroad. The total MBBS fees in Orenburg for 2021 (September) is affordable (Indian Rupees 25.90 Lacs) as compared to other universities in the Russia where Indians travel to pursue medical education. The process of MBBS admission in Orenburg is quite simple with minimal documentation.
OSMU (Orenburg State Medical University) functions under the governance of the Ministry of Health & Ministry of Science and Higher Education of Russian Federation. At present, more than 310 professors & highly skilled teachers are engaged in training foreign students at the university. Till date, more than 300 students from India have taken admission in Orenburg to pursue English medium MBBS course in Russia. Among all foreign students who come to study medicine in Orenburg every year, Indian students comprise the major part of them.
Orenburg State Medical University ranks on 15th position among all medical colleges in Russia that fall under the Ministry of Healthcare of Russia (According to the ranking published by Indian Embassy in Moscow for Indian students). It has been over 6 years now when university started the English medium MBBS course in Russia for students from foreign countries. Since then the university slowly gained popularity among students from India and several other countries. The university takes part in various scientific and research activities related to field of medicine and several other fields of education.
What is the total MBBS fees in Orenburg State Medical University?
- 1st Year : USD 7,000 / INR 4,90,000
- 2nd-6th/Year : USD 6,000 / INR 4,20,000
- Total Fees : USD 37,000 / INR 25,90,000
What is the MBBS eligibility in Orenburg State Medical University for Indian students?
The MBBS eligibility in Orenburg State Medical University (Russia) for admission of Indian students is as below :
- 50% Marks in PCB (In 12th/Inter/Equivalent)
- NEET qualification (2019/2020/2021)
- Minimum 17 years age (Till 31st December)
* Indian students should apply for MBBS admission in Orenburg soon as very limited seats are available.
How to apply for MBBS admission in Orenburg State Medical University?
Students from India and other foreign countries can apply for MBBS admission in Orenburg through a very simple admission procedure as outlined below :
- The student should submit scans of 10th, 12th/Inter mark sheets and NEET qualification (2019/2020/2021).
- University will issue the confirmed admission letter on the basis of documents submitted by a candidate.
- Students must submit scans of valid passports for invitation letter issuance.
- University will issue the invitation letter for a study visa & student’s entry to Russia.
- Students must submit original mark sheets, passports & few additional documents for study visas from the embassy.
- We will assist students with currency exchange & ticket booking before departure from India.
- Student groups are organized at the airport and they depart in batches from New Delhi (IGI Airport) to Russia.
- One of our representatives meets the student group at the airport in Russia and provides the transport to the hostel.
- All formalities of medical checkup, visa extension, contract signing, etc. are completed by our representative in Russia.
* All eligible candidates can apply for MBBS admission in Russia online too (Due to the Covid-19 pandemic) or can visit any of our offices given on the website with prior appointments.
Is Orenburg State Medical University recognized by MCI/NMC & WHO?
Yes, Orenburg State Medical University is recognized by MCI/NMC (National Medical Commission) as well as WHO (World Health Organization). This clears 2 major doubts for all students as given below :
- All Indian students who get MBBS admission in Orenburg State Medical University (Russia) can appear in the MCI Screening Test/FMGE/NExT in India. After passing this test, they can work as a registered medical practitioner in India (Either in the government & private sector).
- These students can appear in the entrance exam of any country for post-graduation as Orenburg State Medical University is included in the list of recognized/approved medical colleges in Russia published by WHO as per global norms.
What is the ranking of Orenburg State Medical University in Russia?
The total duration of the MBBS course in Orenburg State Medical University is 6 years for Indian students. The exact duration of the course in all government medical universities of Russia is 5 years 8 months. This duration is in general considered as 6 years as all foreign students spend full 6 years in Russia during their course of medical education. The total course duration includes an internship also that is required for working as a medical practitioner in Russia & neighboring countries.
The medium of instruction in Orenburg State Medical University for all foreign students in English. All the tests, exams & classes are conducted in English by teachers/professors/doctors for Indians. The university has experienced and good English-speaking faculty for foreigners. It has been approx. 6 years when the MBBS course in English medium was started in Orenburg for Indian students. All medical books by Indian writers are also available in university libraries and often referred to during classes. This helps the students to be prepared for their MCI Screening Test/FMGE/NExT in India after MBBS from Orenburg.
What is the duration & medium of instruction in Orenburg State Medical University?
The medium of instruction in Izhevsk State Medical Academy for all foreign students is English. All the tests, exams & classes are conducted in English by teachers/professors/doctors for Indians. The university has one of the most experienced and best English speaking faculty for foreigners. It has been approx. 3 years when the MBBS course in English medium was started in Izhevsk for Indian students. All medical books by Indian writers are also available in university library and often referred during classes. This helps the students to be prepared for their MCI Screening Test/FMGE/NExT in India after MBBS from Izhevsk.
What are the teaching faculties in OSMU, Orenburg?
The faculties at Orenburg State Medical University (Russia) that are active at present and provide training to Russian & foreign students are :
- Faculty of Medicine
- Pediatrics Faculty
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Faculty of Pharmacology
- Psychology Faculty
- Preparatory/Language Faculty
The universities provides training in various disciplines for graduate, post-graduate & preparatory/language courses. The faculty of general medicine is one of the the most chosen faculties by Indian students & receives most number of applications for MBBS admission in Russia every year. All hostels are located near main campus so Indian students don’t have to travel far from their hostels for attending classes. Most of the students from India who apply for admission in Orenburg State Medical University choose to study in faculty of general medicine only.
How are classes conducted in OSMU, Orenburg?
The classes for Indian students in Orenburg State Medical University comprise of 12-15 foreign students. These small groups perhaps helps them to learn and understand better. Indians begin their classes with a revision of science subjects and selected medical subjects (Anatomy & Histology) during 1st semester. Apart from this, local language (Russian) is also taught as a subject from the very beginning. This helps them to start interacting with local people for their their daily activities outside college/university.
During the first 2 years of MBBS course in Orenburg, emphasis is given to theoretical subjects. Students attend all of their classes within university campus. From 3rd year onwards, they have to visit hospitals in city and interact with local patients. By this time, Indian students become fluent in local language & do not face any problems in understanding local patients. This makes it easier for them to report back to their professor/doctor in English who evaluates their performance. The time students spend in hospitals for these clinical/practical classes increases with every further year.
What are the hostel facilities in Orenburg State Medical University for Indian students?
Several hostels for Indian students in Orenburg State Medical University are available within the main college campus area. A brief overview of the facilities at hostels is as below :
- Most OSMU, Orenburg hostels are located near the main campus & students can attend most classes at a walking distance.
- Indians only have to travel far from hostels when they have to attend classes in hospitals from 3rd year onwards.
- All the hostels has CCTV surveillance system & fire alarm safety system installed for the safety of foreigners.
- Students can choose 2/3/4 seater rooms which have with study tables & chairs, beds, bed-sheets, wardrobe, lamps, etc.
- They can also submit application to hostel administration, if they wish to the change their room or upgrade it to a 2/3 seater room.
- Indian boys and girls are provided accommodation on separate floors or separate hostels with complete separation.
- The hostels have facilities of kitchens, laundry, sports hall & reading hall within it’s premises on each each floor.
- It is compulsory for Indian students to stay in hostel provided by college during the first year of their MBBS in Orenburg.
- From 2nd year onwards, they can choose to rent a flat/apartments or continue to stay in college hostel.
- Indian mess facility is available in all hostels of Orenburg State Medical University where they can have breakfast, lunch & dinner.
- The Indian mess is compulsory for all students in 1st year & from 2nd year they can prepare food by themselves in hostel kitchens.
- All Indian festivals like Diwali, Holi & Eid are also celebrated among Indian students with enthusiasm and joy every year in hostel.
- Orenburg State Medical University organizes several annual sports and cultural events for students to showcase their skills & talents.
How is MBBS fees in OSMU, Orenburg paid by Indian students?
The MBBS fees in Orenburg can be paid through 2 methods. First & most widely adopted method is by which the students carry the fees with themselves from India. They purchase US Dollars in Delhi before departure & pay after arrival in Russia. Second and the rare one is when the students pays fees through bank loan. As the bank does not provide the loan amount to parent, they ask for the college account number for online transfer. In this method, the candidate must confirm transfer of fees to college after his MBBS admission in Orenburg State Medical University.
Why to study MBBS in Orenburg State Medical University, Russia?
Some of the useful facts which might make it easier for a student to decide about studying MBBS in Izhevsk State Medical Academy are as mentioned below :
- OSMU (Orenburg State Medical University) ranks 15th place among all medical universities in Russia (According to Indian Embassy in Russia).
- It has recognition from MCI/NMC (National Medical Commission) as well as WHO, so the medical degree is valid in whole world.
- Being a more than 77 years old medical university in Russia, Orenburg State Medical University witnesses a good number of admissions.
- It is one of the top choices of Indian students for MBBS in whole Russia due to affordable fees & English medium courses.
- The university has been training foreign students (Including Indians) in the English medium for more than 6 years now.
- The faculty of medicine at OSMU is highly experienced & skilled in training Indian students in the field of medicine in the English medium.
- Students get ample exposure to clinical & practical sessions by interacting with local patients in hospitals under doctor’s supervision.
- The total MBBS fees in Orenburg State Medical University is quite moderate for Indian students for English medium medical course.
- MBBS admission in Orenburg State Medical University is quite simple & straightforward with an easily achievable eligibility requirement.
- By the time students complete their medical course, they have full command over another foreign language too i.e. Russian.
Steps after MBBS from Orenburg State Medical University (Russia) :
Some of the most important points that all Indian students who graduate after MBBS from Orenburg State Medical University, Russia must be aware of are :
- All Indian students must appear and qualify the MCI Screening Test/FMGE/NExT in India after they receive MD (Physician) degree.
- This MD (Physician) degree equivalent to the MBBS degree in India and has no difference.
- The FMGE (Foreign Medical Graduates Exam)/NeXT (National Exit Test) is organized twice every year i.e. in June & December.
- This is a qualifying exam in online mode and students must score 50% marks to pass it.
- There is no limit to the number of times a student can appear in this exam until he clears it.
- They have to serve 1 year internship in India after clearing this test in any part of India.
- The students get permanent registration in India once they complete their internship in India.
- Doctors can now either work in government/private hospitals or run their own clinics in India or appear in NEET PG too.
- Doctors who want to pursue further PG education in English speaking countries can appear in USMLE, PLAB, NZREX, etc.
- Hundreds of Indians from ISMA, Izhevsk have cleared their exams in India & are currently working successfully in India.
About Orenburg City :
Orenburg city is located in the southwest region of the Russian Federation & most part of the state shares its border with country Kazakhstan. The city is situated on the basin of the Ural river & is home to more than a hundred nationalities. Before the dissolution of the USSR in 1991, Orenburg included many other states of Russia & even a few countries that now exist independently. The city of Orenburg is well connected by air, rail & road to Moscow & other major cities like Kazan which are of prime importance and located near it. For transport within the city trams, trolleybuses, vans, taxis, etc. are readily available.
Orenburg plays a pivotal role in education in the southwestern region of Russia, as it is the major city that has dozens of higher education institutes. The city provides a very peaceful and pleasant experience to students who come to study MBBS in Russia from different countries. The university invites all eligible and aspiring students from India to apply for MBBS in Orenburg State Medical University and create a bright future for themselves. The summers in this region of Russia are quite pleased with just moderate season (Except during the months of January & February).
Related Universities :
- Izhevsk State Medical Academy
- Crimea Federal University
- Bashkir State Medical University
- Kazan State Medical University
- Kazan Federal University