Novosibirsk State University
Novosibirsk State University (Russia)
Novosibirsk State University was established in the year 1958 as a motive to establish a branch of the USSR Academy of Sciences in the region of Siberia. It is situated in the city of Novosibirsk which is the capital of Novosibirsk state in the Siberian region of Russia. NSU (Novosibirsk State University) currently offers an affordable MBBS fee in Russia for Indian students who wish to study MBBS abroad. The total MBBS fees in Novosibirsk for 2021 (September) is moderately priced (Indian Rupees 30.01 Lacs) in comparison to other major universities in the Russian Federation where Indians travel to pursue medical education. The process of MBBS admission in Novosibirsk is simple with minimal documentation (If the student fits in the eligibility criteria).
Novosibirsk State University functions under the governance of the Ministry of Higher Education & Science of the Russian Federation. The university offers training in various graduate, postgraduate, Ph.D. & specialty courses in the field of medicine & dozens of other disciplines. It has 3 institutes & 6 departments that provide training to thousands of students from Russia and different nationalities. It has been more than 4 years when NSU, Novosibirsk started the English medium MBBS course in Russia for Indian students. The university has become one of the most reputed choices among foreigners within a very short span of time.
Novosibirsk State University ranks 8th position among all Russian universities that fall under the Ministry of Education & Science of Russia (According to the ranking published by the Indian Embassy in Moscow for Indian students). The university has become more than most other medical colleges of Russia on a global level and hence attracts thousands of international students every year. It is the only university in Siberia that has a multi-level system of continuing education & has 48 of its graduates as members of the Russian Academy of Sciences. This is the reason it is one of the main choices of international students who wish to study MBBS in Russia.
What is the total MBBS fees in Novosibirsk State University?
- 1st Year : USD 7,980 / INR 5,58,000
- 2nd-6th/Year : USD 6,980 / INR 4,88,600
- Total Fees : USD 42,880 / INR 30,01,600
What is the MBBS eligibility in Novosibirsk State University for Indian students?
The MBBS eligibility in Novosibirsk State University (Russia) for admission of Indian students is as below :
- 50% Marks in PCB (In 12th/Inter/Equivalent)
- NEET qualification (2019/2020/2021)
- Minimum 17 years age (Till 31st December)
* Indian students should apply for MBBS admission in Novosibirsk on as very limited seats are available.
How to apply for MBBS admission in Novosibirsk State University?
Students from India and other foreign countries can apply for MBBS admission in Novosibirsk through a very simple admission procedure as outlined below :
- The student should submit scans of 10th, 12th/Inter mark sheets and NEET qualification (2019/2020/2021).
- University will issue the confirmed admission letter on the basis of documents submitted by a candidate.
- Students must submit scans of valid passports for invitation letter issuance.
- University will issue the invitation letter for a study visa & student’s entry to Russia.
- Students must submit original mark sheets, passports & few additional documents for study visas from the embassy.
- We will assist students with currency exchange & ticket booking before departure from India.
- Student groups are organized at the airport and they depart in batches from New Delhi (IGI Airport) to Russia.
- One of our representatives meets the student group at the airport in Russia and provides the transport to the hostel.
- All formalities of medical checkup, visa extension, contract signing, etc. are completed by our representative in Russia.
* All eligible candidates can apply for MBBS admission in Russia online too (Due to the Covid-19 pandemic) or can visit any of our offices given on the website with prior appointments.
Is Novosibirsk State University recognized by MCI/NMC & WHO?
Yes, Novosibirsk State University is recognized by MCI/NMC (National Medical Commission) as well as WHO (World Health Organization). This clears 2 major doubts for all students as given below :
- All Indian students who get MBBS admission in Novosibirsk State University (Russia) can appear in the MCI Screening Test/FMGE/NExT in India. After passing this test, they can work as a registered medical practitioner in India (Either in the government & private sector).
- These students can appear in the entrance exam of any country for post-graduation as Izhevsk State Medical Academy is included in the list of recognized/approved medical colleges in Russia published by WHO as per global norms.
What is the ranking of Novosibirsk State University in Russia?
Novosibirsk State University ranks on 8th place among all higher education institutions in Russia according to the Indian Embassy in Moscow (Russia), that issues advisory for Indian students who wish to pursue MBBS in Russia. It is among the top medical universities of Russia that provides medical education in English and a very friendly environment for foreigners. In the past few years, the university has become of the most chosen destinations by Indian students especially due to it’s skilled English teaching faculty.
NSU (Novosibirsk) was established in 1958 and is one of the largest universities of the Russian Federation. The university receives huge number of students from all countries every year with some of them being from India too. At present, few groups of Indian students are pursuing medical education in the Novosibirsk State University. It is one of the best medical colleges of Russia that provides medical education to foreign students in English medium. The university has good number of students from India studying in medical course due to high ranking in Russia.
What is the duration & medium of instruction in Novosibirsk State University?
The total duration of the MBBS course in Novosibirsk State University is 6 years for Indian students. The exact duration of the course in all government medical universities of Russia is 5 years 8 months. This duration is in general considered as 6 years as all foreign students spend full 6 years in Russia during their course of medical education. The total course duration includes an internship also that is required for working as a medical practitioner in Russia & neighboring countries.
The medium of instruction in Novosibirsk State University for all foreign students in English. All the tests, exams & classes are conducted in English by teachers/professors/doctors for Indians. The university has one of the most experienced and best English-speaking faculty for foreigners. It has been more than 4 years when the MBBS course in English medium was started in Novosibirsk for Indian students. All medical books by Indian writers are also available in university libraries and often referred to during classes. This helps the students to be prepared for their MCI Screening Test/FMGE/NExT in India after MBBS from Novosibirsk.
What are the teaching faculties in NSU, Novosibirsk?
- Institute of Medicine & Psychology
- Institute of Humanities
- Philosophy & Law Institute
- Department of Physics
- Department of Natural Sciences
- Economics Department
- Mathematics/Mechanics Department
- Department of Information Technology
- Geology & Geophysics Department
How are classes conducted in NSU, Novosibirsk?
The classes for Indian students in Novosibirsk State University comprise of 12-15 foreign students. These small groups perhaps helps them to learn and understand better. Indians begin their classes with a revision of science subjects and selected medical subjects (Anatomy & Histology) during 1st semester. Apart from this, local language (Russian) is also taught as a subject from the very beginning. This helps them to start interacting with local people for their their daily activities outside college/university.
During the first 2 years of MBBS course in Novosibirsk, emphasis is given to theoretical subjects. Students attend all of their classes within university campus. From 3rd year onwards, they have to visit hospitals in city and interact with local patients. By this time, Indian students become fluent in local language & do not face any problems in understanding local patients. This makes it easier for them to report back to their professor/doctor in English who evaluates their performance. The time students spend in hospitals for these clinical/practical classes increases with every further year.
What are the hostel facilities in Novosibirsk State University for Indian students?
- All NSU (Novosibirsk) hostels are located in the main campus & students can attend most classes at a walking distance from hostels.
- Indians only have to travel out of campus when they have to attend classes in hospitals from 3rd year onwards.
- All the hostels has CCTV surveillance system & fire alarm safety system installed for the safety of foreigners.
- Students can choose 2/3/4 seater rooms which have with study tables & chairs, beds, bed-sheets, wardrobe, lamps, etc.
- They can also submit application to hostel administration, if they wish to the change their room or upgrade it to a 2/3 seater room.
- Indian boys and girls are provided accommodation on separate floors or separate hostels with complete separation.
- The hostels have facilities of kitchens, laundry, sports hall & reading hall within it’s premises on each each floor.
- It is compulsory for Indian students to stay in hostel provided by college during the first year of their MBBS in Novosibirsk.
- From 2nd year onwards, they can choose to rent a flat/apartments or continue to stay in college hostel.
- All Indian festivals like Diwali, Holi & Eid are also celebrated among Indian students with enthusiasm and joy every year in hostel.
- Novosibirsk State University organizes several annual sports (Mostly Cricket tournaments for Indians) and cultural events for students to showcase their skills & talents.
How is MBBS fees in NSU, Novosibirsk paid by Indian students?
The MBBS fees in Novosibirsk can be paid through 2 methods. First & most widely adopted method is by which the students carry the fees with themselves from India. They purchase US Dollars in Delhi before departure & pay after arrival in Russia. Second and the rare one is when the students pays fees through bank loan. As the bank does not provide the loan amount to parent, they ask for the college account number for online transfer. In this method, the candidate must confirm transfer of fees to college immediately after his MBBS admission in Novosibirsk State University.
Why to study MBBS in Novosibirsk State University, Russia?
Some of the useful facts which might make it easier for a student to decide about studying MBBS in Novosibirsk State University are as mentioned below :
- NSU (Novosibirsk State University) ranks among top 10 medical education institutions in whole of Russian Federation.
- It has recognition from MCI/NMC (National Medical Commission) as well as WHO, so the medical degree is valid in whole world.
- Being a more than 63 years old medical university of Russia, Novosibirsk State University witnesses good number of admissions.
- It is one of the best university for Indians for MBBS in whole Russia due to it’s ranking and a superior standard of education.
- The university has been training foreign students (Including Indians) in English medium since more than 4 years now.
- The faculty of medicine at NSU is highly experienced & skilled in training Indian students in field of medicine in English medium.
- Students get ample exposure to clinical & practical sessions by interacting with local patients in hospitals under doctor’s supervision.
- The total MBBS fees in Novosibirsk State University for English medium course is affordable for most middle class families in India.
- MBBS admission in Novosibirsk State University is quite simple & straight forward with an online entrance examination.
- It’s always a privilege for Indian students to graduate from this historic & top federal university of Russian Federation.
- By the time students complete their medical course, they have full command over another foreign language too i.e. Russian.
Steps after MBBS from Novosibirsk State University (Russia) :
Some of the most important points that all Indian students who graduate after MBBS from Novosibirsk State University, Russia must be aware of are :
- All Indian students must appear and qualify the MCI Screening Test/FMGE/NExT in India after they receive MD (Physician) degree.
- This MD (Physician) degree equivalent to the MBBS degree in India and has no difference.
- The FMGE (Foreign Medical Graduates Exam)/NeXT (National Exit Test) is organized twice every year i.e. in June & December.
- This is a qualifying exam in online mode and students must score 50% marks to pass it.
- There is no limit to the number of times a student can appear in this exam until he clears it.
- They have to serve 1 year internship in India after clearing this test in any part of India.
- The students get permanent registration in India once they complete their internship in India.
- Doctors can now either work in government/private hospitals or run their own clinics in India or appear in NEET PG too.
- Doctors who want to pursue further PG education in English speaking countries can appear in USMLE, PLAB, NZREX, etc.
- Hundreds of Indians from ISMA, Izhevsk have cleared their exams in India & are currently working successfully in India.
About Novosibirsk City :
Novosibirsk is the 3rd most populated city and among the top 5 largest cities of Russia. It is the capital city of the Novosibirsk state and the administrative center of the Siberian Federal District of Russian Federation. The city is located on the bank of Ob River and very close to the Ob Valley. Novosibirsk is a major stop in the popular Trans-Siberian Railway route. It is well connected by rail, road and an international airport to other parts of Russia. For transport within the city, trams, trolley buses, vans, taxis & metro services are easily available.
The campus of NSU, Novosibirsk is located outside the city but has all the facilities a student may need. “Akademgorodok” (Russian word which means Education City in English) is the name that has been given to this particular region. It has all the major educational institutions including the Novosibirsk State University as well as the Russian Academy of Sciences. The city is hub of dozen of higher education institutions in the Siberian region. As the number of seats here are very limited for each country, students from India must apply well in time if they wish to secure a confirmed seat for studying medicine in Novosibirsk.
Related Universities :
- Izhevsk State Medical Academy
- Crimea Federal University
- Bashkir State Medical University
- Kazan State Medical University
- Kazan Federal University