Mari State University
Mari State University (Russia)
Mari State University was founded in the year 1972 and is a classical university of the Russian Federation. The university is located in the city of Yoskar Ola which is the capital city of this Mari El Republic state. Mari State University currently offers an affordable MBBS fee in Russia for Indian students who wish to study MBBS abroad. The total MBBS fees in Mari for 2021 (September) is affordable (Indian Rupees 22.40 Lacs) as compared to other universities in Russia where Indians travel to pursue medical education. The process of MBBS admission in Mari is quite simple with minimal documentation.
Mari State University (Yoshkar Ola) functions under the Ministry of Health of Russian Federation & Ministry of Science and Higher Education System of Russia. The university is a member of Volga Association of Classical Universities, Russian Association of Classical Universities and the founder of Association of Finno-Urgic Universities. Till date, more than 300 students from India have taken admission in Mari to pursue English medium MBBS course in Russia. Among all foreign students who come to study medicine in Mari every year, Indian students comprise the major part of them.
Mari State University ranks on 13th position among all medical colleges in Russia that fall under the Ministry of Education & Science of Russia (According to the ranking published by Indian Embassy in Moscow for Indian students). It has been over 5 years now since when university started the English medium MBBS course in Russia for students from foreign countries. Since then that the university has slowly gained popularity among students from India and other countries. The university takes part in various scientific and research activities related to the field of medicine and several other fields of education.
What is the total MBBS fees in Mari State University?
- 1st Year : USD 7,000 / INR 4,90,000
- 2nd-6th/Year : USD 5,000 / INR 3,50,000
- Total Fees : USD 32,000 / INR 22,40,000
What is the MBBS eligibility in Mari State University for Indian students ?
The MBBS eligibility in Mari State University (Russia) for admission of Indian students is as below :
- 50% Marks in PCB (In 12th/Inter/Equivalent)
- NEET qualification (2019/2020/2021)
- Minimum 17 years age (Till 31st December)
* Indian students should apply for MBBS admission at Mari soon as very limited seats are available.
How to apply for MBBS admission in Mari State University?
Students from India and other foreign countries can apply for MBBS admission in Mari through a very simple admission procedure as outlined below :
- The student should submit scans of 10th, 12th/Inter mark sheets and NEET qualification (2019/2020/2021).
- University will issue the confirmed admission letter on the basis of documents submitted by a candidate.
- Students must submit scans of valid passports for invitation letter issuance.
- University will issue the invitation letter for a study visa & student’s entry to Russia.
- Students must submit original mark sheets, passports & few additional documents for study visas from the embassy.
- We will assist students with currency exchange & ticket booking before departure from India.
- Student groups are organized at the airport and they depart in batches from New Delhi (IGI Airport) to Russia.
- One of our representatives meets the student group at the airport in Russia and provides the transport to the hostel.
- All formalities of medical checkup, visa extension, contract signing, etc. are completed by our representative in Russia.
* All eligible candidates can apply for MBBS admission in Russia online too (Due to the Covid-19 pandemic) or can visit any of our offices given on the website with prior appointments.
Is Mari State University recognized by MCI/NMC & WHO?
Yes, Mari State University is recognized by MCI/NMC (National Medical Commission) as well as WHO (World Health Organization). This clears 2 major doubts for all students as given below :
- All Indian students who get MBBS admission in Mari State University (Russia) can appear in the MCI Screening Test/FMGE/NExT in India. After passing this test, they can work as a registered medical practitioner in India (Either in the government & private sector).
- These students can appear in the entrance exam of any country for post-graduation as Izhevsk State Medical Academy is included in the list of recognized/approved medical colleges in Russia published by WHO as per global norms.
What is the ranking of Mari State University in Russia?
Mari State University ranks 13th place among all higher education institutions in Russia according to the Indian Embassy in Moscow (Russia), which issues advisory for Indian students who wish to pursue MBBS in Russia. The university is one of the top medical universities of Russia that foreign students choose to pursue medical education in graduate & post-graduate courses. It offers an affordable MBBS fee structure to all international students for medical education in Russia.
Mari State University (Yoshkar-Ola) is one of the best medical colleges in Russia which was established in the year 1972. It has been just a few years when the university started an MBBS course in English for Indian students & has a good number of students from India and other countries. At present, the university has more than 300 Indian students who are studying medicine in English medium.
What is the duration & medium of instruction in Mari State University?
The total duration of the MBBS course at Mari State University is 6 years for Indian students. The exact duration of the course in all government medical universities of Russia is 5 years 8 months. This duration is in general considered as 6 years as all foreign students spend full 6 years in Russia during their course of medical education. The total course duration includes an internship also that is required for working as a medical practitioner in Russia & neighboring countries.
The medium of instruction in Mari State University for all foreign students is English. All the tests, exams & classes are conducted in English by teachers/professors/doctors for Indians. The university has experienced and good English-speaking faculty for foreigners. It has been approx. 6 years when the MBBS course in English medium was started in Mari for Indian students. All medical books by Indian writers are also available in the university libraries and often referred to during classes. This helps the students to be prepared for their MCI Screening Test/FMGE/NExT in India after MBBS from Mari.
What are the teaching faculties in Mari State University, Yoshkar-Ola?
The faculties at Mari State University (Russia) that are active at present and provide training to Russian & foreign students are :
- Faculty of Medicine & Pediatrics
- Natural Sciences & Pharmacy Faculty
- Faculty of Pedagogy & Psychology
- Faculty of Physical Education, Sports & Tourism
- Faculty of Law; History & Philology
- Physics & Mathematics Faculty
- Electrical Engineering Faculty
- Faculty of Economics, Management & Finances
- Faculty of Agriculture Technology
- General Education & Professional Studies Faculty
- Preparatory/Language Faculty
The universities provides training in various disciplines for graduate, post-graduate & preparatory/language courses. The faculty of general medicine is one of the most chosen faculties by Indian students & receives the most number of applications for MBBS admission in Russia every year. All hostels are located near main campus so Indian students don’t have to travel far from their hostels for attending classes. Most of the students from India who apply for admission to Mari State University choose to study in the faculty of general medicine only.
How are classes conducted in Mari State University, Yoshkar-Ola?
The classes for Indian students in Mari State University comprise of 12-15 foreign students. These small groups perhaps helps them to learn and understand better. Indians begin their classes with a revision of science subjects and selected medical subjects (Anatomy & Histology) during 1st semester. Apart from this, local language (Russian) is also taught as a subject from the very beginning. This helps them to start interacting with local people for their their daily activities outside college/university.
During the first 2 years of MBBS course in Mari, emphasis is given to theoretical subjects. Students attend all of their classes within university campus. From 3rd year onwards, they have to visit hospitals in city and interact with local patients. By this time, Indian students become fluent in local language & do not face any problems in understanding local patients. This makes it easier for them to report back to their professor/doctor in English who evaluates their performance. The time students spend in hospitals for these clinical/practical classes increases with every further year.
What are the hostel facilities inMari State University for Indian students?
Several hostels for Indian students in Mari State University are available within the main college campus area. A brief overview of the facilities at hostels is as below :
- Most Mari State University, Yoshkar-Ola hostels are located near the main campus & students can attend most classes at a walking distance.
- Indians only have to travel far from hostels when they have to attend classes in hospitals from 3rd year onwards.
- All the hostels has CCTV surveillance system & fire alarm safety system installed for the safety of foreigners.
- Students can choose 2/3/4 seater rooms which have with study tables & chairs, beds, bed-sheets, wardrobe, lamps, etc.
- They can also submit application to hostel administration, if they wish to the change their room or upgrade it to a 2/3 seater room.
- Indian boys and girls are provided accommodation on separate floors or separate hostels with complete separation.
- The hostels have facilities of kitchens, laundry, sports hall & reading hall within it’s premises on each each floor.
- It is compulsory for Indian students to stay in hostel provided by college during the first year of their MBBS in Mari.
- From 2nd year onwards, they can choose to rent a flat/apartments or continue to stay in college hostel.
- Indian mess facility is available in all hostels of Mari State University where they can have breakfast, lunch & dinner.
- The Indian mess is compulsory for all students in 1st year & from 2nd year they can prepare food by themselves in hostel kitchens.
- All Indian festivals like Diwali, Holi & Eid are also celebrated among Indian students with enthusiasm and joy every year in hostel.
- Mari State University organizes several annual sports and cultural events for students to showcase their skills & talents.
How is MBBS fees in Mari State University, Yoshkar-Ola paid by Indian students?
The MBBS fees in Mari can be paid through 2 methods. First & most widely adopted method is by which the students carry the fees with themselves from India. They purchase US Dollars in Delhi before departure & pay after arrival in Russia. Second and the rare one is when the students pays fees through bank loan. As the bank does not provide the loan amount to parent, they ask for the college account number for online transfer. In this method, the candidate must confirm transfer of fees to college after his MBBS admission in Mari State University.
Why to study MBBS in Mari State University, Russia?
Some of useful facts which might make it easier for a student to decide about studying MBBS in Mari State University are as mentioned below :
- Mari State University (Yoshkar-Ola) ranks on 13th place among all higher education colleges in Russia (According to Indian Embassy in Russia).
- It has recognition from MCI/NMC (National Medical Commission) as well as WHO, so the medical degree is valid in whole world.
- Being a more than 49 years old medical university of Russia, Mari State University witnesses good number of admissions.
- It is one of the top choices of Indian students for MBBS in whole Russia due to affordable fees & English medium course.
- The university has been training foreign students (Including Indians) in English medium since more than 5 years now.
- The faculty of medicine at Mari State University is highly experienced in training Indian students in field of medicine in English medium.
- Students get ample exposure to clinical & practical sessions by interacting with local patients in hospitals under doctor’s supervision.
- The total MBBS fees in Mari State University is quite moderate for Indian students for English medium medical course.
- MBBS admission in Mari State University is quite simple & straight forward with an easily achievable eligibility requirement.
- By the time students complete their medical course, they have full command over another foreign language too i.e. Russian.
Steps after MBBS from Mari State University (Russia) :
Some of the most important points that all Indian students who graduate after MBBS from Mari State University, Russia must be aware of are :
- All Indian students must appear and qualify the MCI Screening Test/FMGE/NExT in India after they receive MD (Physician) degree.
- This MD (Physician) degree equivalent to the MBBS degree in India and has no difference.
- The FMGE (Foreign Medical Graduates Exam)/NeXT (National Exit Test) is organized twice every year i.e. in June & December.
- This is a qualifying exam in online mode and students must score 50% marks to pass it.
- There is no limit to the number of times a student can appear in this exam until he clears it.
- They have to serve 1 year internship in India after clearing this test in any part of India.
- The students get permanent registration in India once they complete their internship in India.
- Doctors can now either work in government/private hospitals or run their own clinics in India or appear in NEET PG too.
- Doctors who want to pursue further PG education in English speaking countries can appear in USMLE, PLAB, NZREX, etc.
- Hundreds of Indians from ISMA, Izhevsk have cleared their exams in India & are currently working successfully in India.
About Yoshkar-Ola City :
The city of Yoshkar-Ola is hub for education in whole state of Mari El Republic and has more than 88 institute including the Mari State University. 1st year students who arrive in Mari are often taken on a city tour by their teachers so that they get to know about the city and Russian culture better. Mari State University has tie ups with some renowned universities in Europe and Indian students can benefit through such exchange program and learn about new advances in field of modern medicine. The city witnesses a pleasant summer season & moderate to extreme winters during January & February months.
Related Universities :
- Izhevsk State Medical Academy
- Crimea Federal University
- Bashkir State Medical University
- Kazan State Medical University
- Kazan Federal University