Lugansk State Medical University
Lugansk State Medical University (Ukraine)
Lugansk State Medical University was established in the year 1956 in Lugansk (Luhansk in Ukrainian) which is the capital of Lugansk state of Ukraine. The university offers a very low MBBS fee in Ukraine for Indian students who wish to study MBBS abroad. The total MBBS fees in Lugansk for 2021 (September) are easily affordable (Indian Rupees 17.32 Lacs) as compared to other universities in Ukraine where Indians travel to pursue medical education. The process of MBBS admission in Lugansk is simple with minimal documentation (If the student fits in the eligibility criteria).
Lugansk State Medical University (Ukraine) was earlier known as Voroshilovgrad State Medical University and started accepting foreign students in 1983. Today, students from more than 30 countries are pursuing courses in various fields of medicine at undergraduate & postgraduate levels in Lugansk. LSMU (Lugansk) has more than 500 Indian students who are currently studying in English medium MBBS course in Ukraine. Among all the international students studying in Lugansk, Indian students comprise the majority of them.
Lugansk State Medical University ranks in the 18th position (According to Webometrics ranking platform) among all medical colleges in Ukraine that fall under the Ministry of Healthcare of Ukraine. The university is 65 years old and considered one of the most affordable medical universities of Ukraine. It has been more than 15 years when the university started the English medium course of MBBS in Ukraine for Indian students. Today, it is one of the popular choices among Indian students who want to study MBBS in Ukraine at low fees and live in an affordable city.
What is the total MBBS fees in Lugansk State Medical University?
- 1st Year : USD 6,000 / INR 4,20,000
- 2nd-6th/Year : USD 3,750 / INR 2,62,500
- Total Fees : USD 24,750 / INR 17,32,000
What is the MBBS eligibility in Lugansk State Medical University for Indian students?
The MBBS eligibility in Lugansk State Medical University (Ukraine) for admission of Indian students is as below :
- 50% Marks in PCB (In 12th/Inter/Equivalent)
- NEET qualification (2019/2020/2021)
- Minimum 17 years age (Till 31st December)
* Indian students should apply for MBBS admission in Lugansk soon as very limited seats are available.
How to apply for MBBS admission in Lugansk State Medical University?
Students from India and other foreign countries can apply for MBBS admission in Lugansk through a very simple admission procedure as outlined below :
- Student should submit scans of 10th, 12th/Inter marksheets and NEET qualification (2019/2020/2021).
- University will issue the confirmed admission letter on the basis of documents submitted by candidate.
- Student must submit the scans of valid passport for invitation letter issuance.
- University will issue the invitation letter for study visa & student’s entry to Ukraine.
- Student must submit original marksheets, passport & few additional documents for study visa from embassy.
- We will assist students for currency exchange & ticket booking before departure from India.
- Student groups are organized at airport and they depart in batches from New Delhi (IGI Airport) to Ukraine.
- One of our representatives meets the student group at airport in Ukraine and provides them transport to hostel.
- All formalities of medical checkup, visa extension, contract signing, etc. are completed by our representative in Ukraine.
Is Lugansk State Medical University recognized by MCI/NMC & WHO?
Yes, Lugansk State Medical University is recognized by MCI/NMC (National Medical Commission) as well as WHO (World Health Organization). This clears 2 major doubts for all students as given below :
- All Indian students who get MBBS admission in Lugansk State Medical University (Ukraine) can appear in the MCI Screening Test/FMGE/NExT in India. After passing this test, they can work as a registered medical practitioner in India (Either in the government & private sector).
- These students can appear in the entrance exam of any country for post-graduation as Lugansk State Medical University is included in the list of recognized/approved medical colleges in Ukraine published by WHO as per global norms.
What is the ranking of Lugansk State Medical University in Ukraine?
Lugansk State Medical University ranks on 18th position among all higher medical institutions in Ukraine. It is considered one of the top medical universities of Ukraine that provides medical education in English. A very low medical course fees and an affordable lifestyle has made it one of the most chosen universities in Ukraine by Indian students.
LSMU (Lugansk) was established in 1956 and is the a 65 years old medical university of Ukraine. The university receives a good number of students from India every year. At present, more than 500 Indian students are pursuing medical education at the Lugansk State Medical University. It is one of the best medical colleges in Ukraine that provides medical education to Indian students in the English medium.
What is the duration & medium of instruction in Lugansk State Medical University?
The total duration of the MBBS course in Lugansk State Medical University is 6 years for Indian students. The exact duration of the course in all government medical universities of Ukraine is 5 years 8 months. This duration is in general considered as 6 years as all foreign students spend full 6 years in Ukraine during their course of medical education. The total course duration includes an internship also that is required for working as a medical practitioner in Ukraine & neighboring countries.
The medium of instruction in Lugansk State Medical University for all foreign students is English. All the tests, exams & classes are conducted in English by teachers/professors/doctors for Indians. The university has one of the most experienced and best English-speaking faculty for foreigners. It has been more than 15 years when the MBBS course in English medium was started in Lugansk for Indian students. All medical books by Indian writers are also available in the university libraries and often referred to during classes. This helps the students to be prepared for their MCI Screening Test/FMGE/NExT in India after MBBS from Lugansk.
What are the teaching faculties in LSMU (Lugansk)?
The faculties at Lugansk State Medical University (Ukraine) that are active at present and provide training to Ukrainian/Russian & foreign (Indian) students are :
- Faculty of Medicine
- Pediatrics Faculty
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Faculty of Pharmacy
- Nursing Faculty
- Preparatory/Language Faculty
- Postgraduate Faculty
The universities provide training in various disciplines for graduate & diploma/specialty courses. The faculty of general medicine is one of the most chosen faculties by Indian students & receives the most number of applications for MBBS admission in Ukraine every year. Several hostels are available to accommodate a large number of Indian students here. The hostels allotted to foreign citizens are much better as compared to the ones that are allotted to local students. Most of the students from India who apply for admission to Lugansk State Medical University choose to study in the faculty of general medicine only.
How are classes conducted in LSMU (Lugansk)?
The classes for Indian students in Lugansk State Medical University comprise of 12-15 foreign students. These small groups perhaps helps them to learn and understand better. Indians begin their classes with a revision of science subjects and selected medical subjects (Anatomy & Histology) during 1st semester. Apart from this, local language (Ukrainian/Russian) is also taught as a subject from the very beginning. This helps them to start interacting with local people for their their daily activities outside college/university.
During the first 2 years of MBBS course in Lugansk, emphasis is given to theoretical subjects. Students attend all of their classes within university campus. From 3rd year onwards, they have to visit hospitals in city and interact with local patients. By this time, Indian students become fluent in local language & do not face any problems in understanding local patients. This makes it easier for them to report back to their professor/doctor in English who evaluates their performance. The time students spend in hospitals for these clinical/practical classes increases with every further year.
What are the hostel facilities in Lugansk State Medical University for Indian students?
- Lugansk State Medical University hostels are located near the main university campus within walking distance.
- Indian students only have to travel far from hostels when they have to attend classes in hospitals (From the 3rd year onwards).
- Indian students are provided accommodation in government hostels which only have foreign students (Mostly Indians).
- The hostels have facilities of kitchens, laundry, sports hall & reading hall within its premises on each floor.
- It is compulsory for Indian students to stay in a hostel provided by the university during the 1st year of their MBBS in Lugansk.
- From the 2nd year onwards, they can choose to rent a flat/apartment or continue to stay in a university hostel.
- Indian mess facility is available in all hostels of Lugansk State Medical University where they can have breakfast, lunch & dinner.
- The Indian mess is compulsory for all students in 1st year & they can from vegetarian & non-vegetarian options available.
- All the hostels have CCTV surveillance systems & fire alarm safety systems installed for the safety of foreigners.
- Students can choose 2/3/4 seater rooms which have study tables & chairs, beds, bed-sheets, wardrobe, lamps, etc.
- They can also submit an application to hostel administration if they wish to change their room or upgrade it to a 2/3 seater room.
- All Indian festivals like Diwali, Holi & Eid are also celebrated among Indian students with enthusiasm and joy every year in the hostel.
- Lugansk State Medical University organizes annual sports and cultural events for students to showcase their skills & talents.
How is MBBS fees in LSMU (Lugansk) paid by Indian students?
The MBBS fees in Lugansk can be paid through 2 methods. First & most widely adopted method is by which the students carry the fees with themselves from India. They purchase US Dollars in Delhi before departure & pay after arrival in Ukraine. Second and the rare one is when the students pays fees through bank loan. As the bank does not provide the loan amount to parent, they ask for the college account number for online transfer. In this method, the candidate must confirm transfer of fees to college immediately after his MBBS admission in Lugansk State Medical University.
Why to study MBBS in Lugansk State Medical University, Ukraine?
Some of the useful facts which might make it easier for a student to decide about studying MBBS in Lugansk State Medical University are as mentioned below :
- LSMU (Lugansk State Medical University) ranks 18th position among all medical universities in Ukraine (According to Webometrics).
- It has recognition from MCI/NMC (National Medical Commission) as well as WHO, so the medical degree is valid in the whole world.
- Being a more than 65 years old medical university in Ukraine, Lugansk witnesses a good number of admissions from India every year.
- It is one of the top choices of Indian students for MBBS in the whole of Ukraine due to its low fees & a large number of Indians studying here.
- The university has been training foreign students (Including Indians) in the English medium for more than 15 years now.
- More than 10 batches of Indian students have passed out from the English medium MBBS course at the Lugansk State Medical University.
- The faculty of medicine at LSMU (Lugansk) is highly experienced & skilled in training Indian students in the field of medicine in the English medium.
- Students get ample exposure to clinical & practical sessions by interacting with local patients in hospitals under doctor’s supervision.
- The total MBBS fees in Lugansk State Medical University for English medium course is very low in comparison to other universities in Ukraine.
- Indian mess facility is available in all hostel premises so that students do not have to waste time preparing food themselves.
- MBBS admission in Lugansk State Medical University is quite simple & straightforward with an easily achievable eligibility requirement.
- By the time students complete their medical course, they have full command over another foreign language too i.e. Ukrainian/Russian.
Steps after MBBS from Lugansk State Medical University (Ukraine) :
Some of the most important points that all Indian students who graduate after MBBS from Lugansk State Medical University, Ukraine must be aware of are :
- All Indian students must appear and qualify for the MCI Screening Test/FMGE/NExT in India after they receive MD (Physician) degree.
- This MD (Physician) degree is equivalent to the MBBS degree in India and has no difference.
- The FMGE (Foreign Medical Graduates Exam)/NeXT (National Exit Test) is organized twice every year i.e. in June & December.
- This is a qualifying exam in online mode and students must score 50% marks to pass it.
- There is no limit to the number of times a student can appear in this exam until he clears it.
- They have to serve a 1-year internship in India after clearing this test in any part of India.
- The students get permanent registration in India once they complete their internship in India.
- Doctors can now either work in government/private hospitals or run their own clinics in India or appear in NEET PG too.
- Doctors who want to pursue further PG education in English-speaking countries can appear in USMLE, PLAB, NZREX, etc.
- Hundreds of Indians from LSMU (Lugansk) have cleared their exams in India & are currently working successfully in India.
About Lugansk City :
Lugansk was formerly known as Voroshilovgrad and is the capital of the Lugansk region. It is located in the eastern part of Ukraine and very close to the western border of Russia. The city had an equal number of Ukrainians and Russians ethnically as of 2014. The most commonly spoken language in Lugansk is Russian and Ukrainian is the 2nd most spoken language. The city is well connected to its neighboring city Donetsk by road and rail. The city also has an international airport with regular flights to Russia and other parts of Europe. Trams, trolleybuses, taxis, vans, etc. are readily available at all times for local travel within the city.
Lugansk has some of the renowned higher education institutes viz. The Taras Shevchenko National University of Lugansk, East Ukrainian Volodymyr Dahl National University, and Lugansk State Medical University. Most of the Indian students who travel here have the sole motive of studying MBBS in Lugansk State Medical University as it offers courses in English. Some of the major tourist attractions in the city are the Lugansk Drama Theatre, Radianska Street, St. Volodymyr Cathedral, City History Museum, Vladimir Dal Monument, etc. The city experience moderately cold winters and a pleasant summer season every year.
Related Universities :
- Kyiv Medical University of UAFM
- Bukovinian State Medical University
- Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University
- Black Sea National University
- Uzhhorod National University
- Poltava State Medical University
- Donetsk National Medical University
- Sumy State University
- Ternopil National Medical University
- Zaporozhye State Medical University
- Kharkiv National Medical University
- VN Karazin Kharkiv National University
- Vinnytsia National Medical University
- Bogomolets National Medical University
- Lviv National Medical University
- Taras Shevchenko National University