Kyrgyz State Medical Academy
Kyrgyz State Medical Academy (Kyrgyzstan)
Kyrgyz State Medical Academy was established in 1939 when it was inaugurated as a medical institute. It is also the oldest medical institution in Kyrgyzstan situated in the Bishkek which is the capital of Kyrgyzstan. KSMA (Kyrgyz State Medical Academy) currently offers one of the best medical course at an affordable MBBS fees in Kyrgyzstan for Indian students who wish to study MBBS abroad. The total MBBS fees in Kyrgyz for 2021 (September) is quite low (Indian Rupees 19.16 Lacs) as compared to other countries where Indians travel to pursue medical education. The process of MBBS admission in Kyrgyz is simple with minimal documentation (If the student fits in the eligibility criteria).
KSMA (Bishkek) is named after I. K. Akhunbaev and hence also known as I. K. Akhunbaev Kyrgyz State Medical Academy. It functions under the complete administration of Ministry of Health of Kyrgyz Republic and Ministry of Education & Science of Kyrgyzstan. It is one of the best medical colleges in Kyrgyzstan and has always been top & most preferred choice among students from various countries who plan to MBBS in Kyrgyzstan. The academy has various partnership & student exchange programs with renowned medical universities around the world.
The ranking of Kyrgyz State Medical Academy has always been in top 5 higher education institutions in Kyrgyz Republic. Apart from being the oldest institution & one of the best, the academy actively contributes to research and scientific activities in all fields of medicine. This is one of those universities that provides the best English medium MBBS course in Kyrgyzstan for foreign students that come from different countries every year (Including India).
What is the total MBBS fees in Kyrgyz State Medical Academy ?
The total MBBS fees in Kyrgyz State Medical Academy is 19.16 Lacs (Indian Rupees) for Indian students. The detailed MBBS fee in Kyrgyz for 2021 (September Session) is given below :
- 1st Year : USD 7,200 / INR 5,04,000
- 2nd-5th/Year : USD 5,200 / INR 3,64,000
- Total Fees : USD 28,000 / INR 19,16,000
What is the MBBS eligibility in Kyrgyz State Medical Academy for Indian students ?
The MBBS eligibility in Kyrgyz State Medical Academy (Kyrgyzstan) for admission of Indian students is as below :
- 50% Marks in PCB (In 12th/Inter/Equivalent)
- NEET qualification (2019/2020/2021)
- Minimum 17 years age (Till 31st December)
How to apply for MBBS admission in Kyrgyz State Medical Academy ?
Students from India and other foreign countries can apply for MBBS admission in Kyrgyz through a very simple admission procedure as outlined below :
- Student should submit scans of 10th, 12th/Inter marksheets and NEET qualification (2019/2020/2021).
- University will issue the confirmed admission letter on the basis of documents submitted by candidate.
- Student must submit the scans of valid passport for invitation letter issuance.
- University will issue the invitation letter for study visa & student’s entry to Kyrgyzstan.
- Student must submit original marksheets, passport & few additional documents for study visa from embassy.
- We will assist students for currency exchange & ticket booking before departure from India.
- Student groups are organized at airport and they depart in batches from New Delhi (IGI Airport) to Kyrgyzstan.
- One of our representatives meets the student group at airport in Kyrgyzstan and provides them transport to hostel.
- All formalities of medical checkup, visa extension, contract signing, etc. are completed by our representative in Kyrgyzstan.
* All eligible candidates can apply for MBBS admission in Kyrgyzstan online too (Due to Covid-19 pandemic) or can visit any of our offices given on website with prior appointment.
Is Kyrgyz State Medical Academy recognized by MCI/NMC & WHO ?
Yes, Kyrgyz State Medical Academy is recognized by MCI/NMC (National Medical Commission) as well as WHO (World Health Organization). This clears 2 major doubts for all students as given below :
- All Indian students who get MBBS admission in Kyrgyz State Medical Academy (Kyrgyzstan) can appear in the MCI Screening Test/FMGE/NExT in India. After passing this test, they can work as a registered medical practitioner in India (Either in government & private sector).
- These students can appear in entrance exam of any country for post-graduation as Kyrgyz State Medical Academy is included in the list of recognized/approved medical colleges in Kyrgyzstan published by WHO as per global norms.
What is the ranking of Kyrgyz State Medical Academy in Kyrgyzstan ?
Kyrgyz State Medical Academy ranks on 4th position (According to average of most ranking platforms online) among all higher education institutions in Kyrgyzstan. It is a one of the most preferred destination for Indian students and is one of the top medical universities of Kyrgyzstan that provides best medical education and a very friendly environment for foreigners.
KSMA is the one of the best medical colleges of Kyrgyzstan which was established in the year 1939. It is the oldest medical college in whole region of Kyrgyzstan and has always been among top higher education institutions of Kyrgyzstan. The college currently has more than 700 Indian students studying general medicine in English medium.
What is the duration & medium of instruction in Kyrgyz State Medical Academy ?
The total duration of MBBS course in Kyrgyz State Medical Academy is 5 years for Indian students. Few years ago, the duration of MBBS in Kyrgyz was 6 years as in neighboring countries. But the college now offers 5 years course in addition to the old 6 years course which is still. Most of the Indian students generally choose the 5 years course as they save 1 year time & expenses too.
The medium of instruction in Kyrgyz State Medical Academy for all foreign students is English. All the tests, exams & classes are conducted in English by teachers/professors/doctors for Indians. In additional to the local Kyrgyz teachers that teach foreign citizens, there are few Indian teachers too. These teachers are specially appointed by the college so as to train & prepare Indian students for the MCI Screening Test/FMGE/NExT.
What are the teaching faculties in KSMA, Bishkek ?
The faculties at Kyrgyz State Medical Academy (Kyrgyzstan) that are active currently and provide training (In graduate, post-graduate & diploma courses) to national & foreign students are :
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Pediatrics Faculty
- Faculty of Pharmacology
- Preventive & Social Medicine Faculty
- Nursing Faculty
- Faculty of Post-graduate Courses
- Preparatory/Language Faculty
The faculty of general medicine is the most active faculty and has maximum staff engaged in its management. It receives the most number of applications among all faculties for MBBS admission in Kyrgyzstan. The university campuses is huge and has different campuses for training in different specialties. KSMA (Bishkek) still continues to expand it’s campus at a steady pace so as to also accommodate the growing number of foreign students. Few new hostels have also been built that provide better facilities for foreign citizens as compared to the old hostels. Most of the students from India who apply for admission in Kyrgyz State Medical Academy choose to study in faculty of general medicine only.
How are classes conducted in KSMA, Bishkek ?
The classes for Indian students in Kyrgyz State Medical Academy comprise of 12-15 foreign students. These small groups perhaps helps them to learn and understand better. Indians begin their classes with a revision of science subjects and selected medical subjects (Anatomy & Histology) during 1st semester. Apart from this, local language (Kyrgyz/Russian) is also taught as a subject from the very beginning. This helps them to start interacting with local people for their their daily activities outside college/university.
During the first 2 years of MBBS course in Kyrgyz, emphasis is given to theoretical subjects. Students attend all of their classes within university campus. From 3rd year onwards, they have to visit hospitals in city and interact with local patients. By this time, Indian students become fluent in local language & do not face any problems in understanding local patients. This makes it easier for them to report back to their professor/doctor in English who evaluates their performance. The time students spend in hospitals for these clinical/practical classes increases with every further year.
What are the hostel facilities in Kyrgyz State Medical Academy for Indian students ?
Several hostels for Indian students in Kyrgyz State Medical Academy are situated within the main college campus area. A brief overview of the facilities at hostels is as below :
- All KSMA, Bishkek hostels are located within the main campus & students can attend most classes in college at a walking distance.
- Indians only have to travel out of campus when they have to attend classes in hospitals from 3rd year onwards.
- All the hostels has CCTV surveillance system & fire alarm safety system installed for the safety of foreigners.
- Students can choose 2/3/4 seater rooms which have with study tables & chairs, beds, bed-sheets, wardrobe, lamps, etc.
- They can also submit application to hostel administration, if they wish to the change their room or upgrade it to a 2/3 seater room.
- Indian boys and girls are provided accommodation on separate floors or separate hostels with complete separation.
- The hostels have facilities of kitchens, laundry, sports hall & reading hall within it’s premises on each each floor.
- It is compulsory for Indian students to stay in hostel provided by college during the first year of their MBBS in Kyrgyz.
- From 2nd year onwards, they can choose to rent a flat/apartments or continue to stay in college hostel.
- Indian mess facility is available in all hostels of Kyrgyz State Medical Academy where they can have breakfast, lunch & dinner.
- The Indian mess is compulsory for all students in 1st year & they can from vegetarian & non-vegetarian options available.
- All Indian festivals like Diwali, Holi & Eid are also celebrated among Indian students with enthusiasm and joy every year in hostel.
- Kyrgyz State Medical Academy organizes annual sports (Mostly Cricket tournaments) and cultural events for students to showcase their skills & talents.
How is MBBS fees in KSMA, Bishkek paid by Indian students ?
The MBBS fees in Kyrgyz can be paid through 2 methods. First & most widely adopted method is by which the students carry the fees with themselves from India. They purchase US Dollars in Delhi before departure & pay after arrival in Kyrgyzstan. Second and the rare one is when the students pays fees through bank loan. As the bank does not provide the loan amount to parent, they ask for the college account number for online transfer. In this method, the candidate must confirm transfer of fees to college immediately after his MBBS admission in Kyrgyz State Medical Academy.
Why to study MBBS in Kyrgyz State Medical Academy, Kyrgyzstan ?
Some of useful facts which might make it easier for a student to decide about studying MBBS in Kyrgyz State Medical Academy are as mentioned below :
- KSMA (Kyrgyz State Medical Academy) ranks on 8th spot among all higher education institutions in whole of Kyrgyzstan.
- It has recognition from MCI/NMC (National Medical Commission) as well as WHO, so the medical degree is valid in whole world.
- Even being a not so old medical university of Kyrgyzstan, Kyrgyz State Medical Academy witnesses huge number of admissions.
- The faculty of medicine at KSMA is highly experienced & skilled in training Indian students in field of medicine.
- The total duration of MBBS in Kyrgyz is “5” years i.e. 1 year less than most of neighboring countries.
- Students get ample exposure to clinical & practical sessions by interacting with local patients in hospitals under doctor’s supervision.
- The total MBBS fees in Kyrgyz State Medical Academy is one of the lowest which any college offers for English medium medical course.
- MBBS admission in Kyrgyz State Medical Academy is quite simple & straight forward with an easily achievable eligibility requirement.
- Indian mess facility is available in all hostel premises so that students do not have to waste time in preparing food themselves.
- By the time students complete their medical course, they have full command over another foreign language too i.e. Kyrgyz/Russian.
Steps after MBBS from Kyrgyz State Medical Academy (Kyrgyzstan) :
Some of the most important points that all Indian students who graduate after MBBS from Kyrgyz State Medical Academy, Kyrgyzstan must be aware of are :
- All Indian students must appear and qualify the MCI Screening Test/FMGE/NExT in India after they receive MD (Physician) degree.
- This MD (Physician) degree equivalent to the MBBS degree in India and has no difference.
- The FMGE (Foreign Medical Graduates Exam)/NeXT (National Exit Test) is organized twice every year i.e. in June & December.
- This is a qualifying exam in online mode and students must score 50% marks to pass it.
- There is no limit to the number of times a student can appear in this exam until he clears it.
- They have to serve 1 year internship in India after clearing this test in any part of India.
- The students get permanent registration in India once they complete their internship in India.
- Doctors can now either work in government/private hospitals or run their own clinics in India or appear in NEET PG too.
- Doctors who want to pursue further PG education in English speaking countries can appear in USMLE, PLAB, NZREX, etc.
- Hundreds of Indians from KSMA, Bishkek have cleared their exams in India & are currently working successfully in India.
About Bishkek City :
Bishkek is the capital & largest city of the Kyrgyz Republic. It was earlier known by the names Pishpep & Frunze. The city got it’s current name in the year 1991 when the parliament changed it finally to Bishkek. It is located at an altitude of 2,600 feet and is surrounded by Ala-Too range & Tian Shan mountains. The city reflects a wide variety in it’s architecture in marble buildings, soviet styled apartments, courtyards, private houses, boulevards, etc.
Being the national capital of Kyrgyzstan, Bishkek is very well connected to all other major cities as well as other countries. It is the most populated city of Kyrgyzstan with approx. 66% native Kyrgyz and the remaining being from Europe. The city is home to more than 15 government higher education institutions and is a hub of education in whole of Kyrgyzstan with KSMA (Kyrgyz State Medical Academy) being one of them. The city is considered to be the best in terms of education, opportunities, infrastructure & lifestyle in whole Kyrgyzstan.
Related Universities :
- Osh State Medical University
- Asian Medical Institute
- Jalalabad State Medical University
- International School of Medicine