Kazan Federal University
Kazan Federal University
Kazan Federal University is the 6th oldest university in Russia which was established in 1804. The university is situated in the city of Kazan which is the capital city of the Tatarstan state of the Russian Federation. KFU (Kazan Federal University) currently offers an affordable MBBS fee in Russia for Indian students who wish to study MBBS abroad. The total MBBS fees in Kazan for 2021 (September) is moderately priced (Indian Rupees 23.80 Lacs) in comparison to other major universities in the Russian Federation where Indians travel to pursue medical education. The process of MBBS admission in Kazan is simple with minimal documentation (If the student fits in the eligibility criteria).
Kazan (Volga Region) Federal University functions under the governance of the Ministry of Higher Education & Science of the Russian Federation. The university offers training in various graduate, post-graduate & specialty courses in the field of medicine & dozens of other disciplines. It has 17 institutes, 3 higher schools, and 3 branches that provide training to 49,000 students (Approx. 10,000 foreigners). It has been more than 4 years when KFU, Kazan started the English medium MBBS course in Russia for Indian students. The university has become one of the most popular choices among foreigners within a very short span of time.
Kazan Federal University ranks in 3rd position among all Russian universities that fall under the Ministry of Education & Science of Russia (According to the ranking published by Indian Embassy in Moscow for Indian students). The university has gained more popularity than any other medical college in Russia and attracts hundreds of international students every year. This is the reason it is one of the main choices of foreign students who wish to study MBBS in Russia. The university is very actively involved in various scientific and research activities related to the field of medicine and dozens of other fields of education.
What is the total MBBS fees in Kazan Federal University?
The total MBBS fees in Kazan Federal University is 23.80 Lacs (Indian Rupees) for Indian students. The detailed MBBS fee in Kazan for 2021 (September Session) is given below :
- 1st Year : USD 6,500 / INR 4,55,000
- 2nd-6th/Year : USD 5,500 / INR 3,85,000
- Total Fees : USD 34,000 / INR 23,80,000
* The MBBS fee structure of Kazan Federal University given above includes tuition fees, hostel accommodation, medical checkup, medical insurance, visa extension & misc. charges.
What is the MBBS eligibility in Kazan Federal University for Indian students?
The MBBS eligibility in Kazan Federal University (Russia) for admission of Indian students is as below :
- 50% Marks in PCB (In 12th/Inter/Equivalent)
- NEET qualification (2019/2020/2021)
- Minimum 17 years age (Till 31st December)
* Indian citizens must clear an online entrance exam for admission in Kazan Federal University.
* Indian students should apply for MBBS admission in Kazan soon as limited seats are available.
How to apply for MBBS admission in Kazan Federal University?
Students from India and other foreign countries can apply for MBBS admission in Kazan through a very simple admission procedure as outlined below :
- The student should submit scans of 10th, 12th/Inter mark sheets and NEET qualification (2019/2020/2021).
- University will issue the confirmed admission letter on the basis of documents submitted by the candidate.
- Students must submit the scans of valid passports & clear the online entrance exam on skype/video call.
- University will then issue the invitation letter for a study visa & student’s entry to Russia.
- Students must submit original mark sheets, passports & few additional documents for study visas from the embassy.
- We will assist students with currency exchange & ticket booking before departure from India.
- Student groups are organized at the airport and they depart in batches from New Delhi (IGI Airport) to Russia.
- One of our representatives meets the student group at the airport in Russia and provides the transport to the hostel.
- All formalities of medical checkup, visa extension, contract signing, etc. are completed by our representative in Russia.
* All eligible candidates can apply for MBBS admission in Russia online too (Due to the Covid-19 pandemic) or can visit any of our offices given on the website with prior appointments.
Is Kazan Federal University recognized by MCI/NMC & WHO?
Yes, Kazan Federal University is recognized by MCI/NMC (National Medical Commission) as well as WHO (World Health Organization). This clears 2 major doubts for all students as given below :
- All Indian students who get MBBS admission to Kazan Federal University (Russia) can appear in the MCI Screening Test/FMGE/NExT in India. After passing this test, they can work as a registered medical practitioner in India (Either in the government & private sector).
- These students can appear in the entrance exam of any country for post-graduation as Kazan Federal University is included in the list of recognized/approved medical colleges in Russia published by WHO as per global norms.
What is the ranking of Kazan Federal University in Russia?
Kazan Federal University ranks on 3rd place among all higher education institutions in Russia according to the Indian Embassy in Moscow (Russia), that issues advisory for Indian students who wish to pursue MBBS in Russia. It is among the top medical universities of Russia that provides medical education in English and a very friendly environment for foreigners. In the past 4 years, the university has become of the most chosen destinations by Indian students especially due to it’s skilled English teaching faculty.
KFU (Kazan) was established in 1804 and is the 6th oldest university in whole Russian Federation. The university receives huge number of students from all countries every year with some of them being from India too. At present, more than 100 Indian students are pursuing medical education in the Kazan Federal University. It is one of the best medical colleges of Russia that provides medical education to foreign students in English medium. The university has good number of students from India studying in medical course due to high ranking in Russia.
What is the duration & medium of instruction in Kazan Federal University?
The medium of instruction in Kazan Federal University for all foreign students is English. All the tests, exams & classes are conducted in English by teachers/professors/doctors for Indians. The university has one of the most experienced and best English speaking faculty for foreigners. It has been more than 4 years when the MBBS course in English medium was started in Kazan for Indian students. All medical books by Indian writers are also available in university library and often referred during classes. This helps the students to be prepared for their MCI Screening Test/FMGE/NExT in India after MBBS from Kazan.
What are the teaching faculties in KFU, Kazan?
KFU, Kazan comprises 17 institutes, 3 higher schools, and 3 branches in the whole city of Kazan and its nearby areas. The faculties in Kazan Federal University that provide training to national & foreign students are as below :
- Faculty of Medicine & Biology
- Information Science & Computer Technology
- Physical, Mathematics & Natural Sciences
- Humanities & Social sciences
- Economics & Management
- Education & Pedagogy
- Services Sphere
- Culture and Arts
- Automation & Control
- Geodesy & Land Management
- Geology and Mineral Development
- Life Safety, Environmental Engineering & Protection
The universities provide training in various disciplines for graduate, post-graduate, clinical residency, Ph.D. & diploma courses. The faculty of general medicine is one of the newly launched faculties & receives a good number of applications for MBBS admission in Russia every year. Several hostels buildings are available on the university campus (Universiade Village) to provide accommodation to foreign students. The hostels’ facilities in Kazan Federal University campus are one the best & have excellent facilities for foreign citizens as compared to other universities in the city of Kazan. Most of the students from India who apply for admission to Kazan Federal University choose to study in the faculty of general medicine only.
How are classes conducted in KFU, Kazan?
The classes for Indian students in Kazan Federal University comprise of 12-15 foreign students. These small groups perhaps helps them to learn and understand better. Indians begin their classes with a revision of science subjects and selected medical subjects (Anatomy & Histology) during 1st semester. Apart from this, local language (Russian) is also taught as a subject from the very beginning. This helps them to start interacting with local people for their their daily activities outside college/university.
During the first 2 years of MBBS course in Kazan, emphasis is given to theoretical subjects. Students attend all of their classes within university campus. From 3rd year onwards, they have to visit hospitals in city and interact with local patients. By this time, Indian students become fluent in local language & do not face any problems in understanding local patients. This makes it easier for them to report back to their professor/doctor in English who evaluates their performance. The time students spend in hospitals for these clinical/practical classes increases with every further year.
What are the hostel facilities in Kazan Federal University for Indian students?
Several hostels for Indian students in Kazan Federal University (Universiade Village) are available within the main college campus area. A brief overview of the facilities at hostels is as below :
- All KFU (Kazan) hostels are located in the main campus & students can attend most classes at a walking distance from hostels.
- Indians only have to travel out of campus when they have to attend classes in hospitals from 3rd year onwards.
- All the hostels has CCTV surveillance system & fire alarm safety system installed for the safety of foreigners.
- Students can choose 2/3/4 seater rooms which have with study tables & chairs, beds, bed-sheets, wardrobe, lamps, etc.
- They can also submit application to hostel administration, if they wish to the change their room or upgrade it to a 2/3 seater room.
- Indian boys and girls are provided accommodation on separate floors or separate hostels with complete separation.
- The hostels have facilities of kitchens, laundry, sports hall & reading hall within it’s premises on each each floor.
- It is compulsory for Indian students to stay in hostel provided by college during the first year of their MBBS in Kazan.
- From 2nd year onwards, they can choose to rent a flat/apartments or continue to stay in college hostel.
- All Indian festivals like Diwali, Holi & Eid are also celebrated among Indian students with enthusiasm and joy every year in hostel.
- Kazan Federal University organizes several annual sports (Mostly Cricket tournaments for Indians) and cultural events for students to showcase their skills & talents.
Why to study MBBS in Kazan Federal University, Russia?
The MBBS fees in Kazan can be paid through 2 methods. First & most widely adopted method is by which the students carry the fees with themselves from India. They purchase US Dollars in Delhi before departure & pay after arrival in Russia. Second and the rare one is when the students pays fees through bank loan. As the bank does not provide the loan amount to parent, they ask for the college account number for online transfer. In this method, the candidate must confirm transfer of fees to college immediately after his MBBS admission in Kazan Federal University.
Why to study MBBS in Izhevsk State Medical Academy, Russia?
Some of useful facts which might make it easier for a student to decide about studying MBBS in Kazan Federal University are as mentioned below :
- KFU (Kazan Federal University) ranks among top 5 medical education institutions in whole of Russian Federation.
- It has recognition from MCI/NMC (National Medical Commission) as well as WHO, so the medical degree is valid in whole world.
- Being a more than 200 years oldmedical university of Russia, Kazan Federal University witnesses good number of admissions.
- It is one of the best university for Indians for MBBS in whole Russia due to it’s ranking and a superior standard of education.
- The university has been training foreign students (Including Indians) in English medium since more than 4 years now.
- The faculty of medicine at KFU is highly experienced & skilled in training Indian students in field of medicine in English medium.
- Students get ample exposure to clinical & practical sessions by interacting with local patients in hospitals under doctor’s supervision.
- The total MBBS fees in Kazan Federal University for English medium course is affordable for most middle class families in India.
- MBBS admission in Kazan Federal University is quite simple & straight forward with an online entrance examination.
- It’s always a privilege for Indian students to graduate from this historic & top federal university of Russian Federation.
- By the time students complete their medical course, they have full command over another foreign language too i.e. Russian.
Steps after MBBS from Kazan Federal University (Russia) :
Some of the most important points that all Indian students who graduate after MBBS from Kazan Federal University, Russia must be aware of are :
- All Indian students must appear and qualify the MCI Screening Test/FMGE/NExT in India after they receive MD (Physician) degree.
- This MD (Physician) degree equivalent to the MBBS degree in India and has no difference.
- The FMGE (Foreign Medical Graduates Exam)/NeXT (National Exit Test) is organized twice every year i.e. in June & December.
- This is a qualifying exam in online mode and students must score 50% marks to pass it.
- There is no limit to the number of times a student can appear in this exam until he clears it.
- They have to serve 1 year internship in India after clearing this test in any part of India.
- The students get permanent registration in India once they complete their internship in India.
- Doctors can now either work in government/private hospitals or run their own clinics in India or appear in NEET PG too.
- Doctors who want to pursue further PG education in English speaking countries can appear in USMLE, PLAB, NZREX, etc.
- Hundreds of Indians from KFU, Kazan have cleared their exams in India & are currently working successfully in India.
About Kazan City :
Kazan is the capital & the largest city of the Republic of Tatarstan of the Russian Federation. The city is commonly known as the 3rd capital (After Moscow & St. Petersburg) of Russia. Kazan is also considered the sports capital of Russia due to it’s history of hosting international sports events (2013- Sumer Universiade; 2015 – World Aquatics Championship; 2017 – World Gymnastics Championship; 2018 – FIFA World Cup). The famous Kazan Kremlin in the city was recently declared as a World Heritage Site. The city is one of the largest industrial and financial centers of the whole of Russia.
Kazan has more than 40 higher education institutions in the city and Kazan Federal University is just one of them. The city is an educational hub for students from nearby cities/states of Russia as well as other countries. The dozens of famous universities in Kazan offer courses in almost every discipline. The city has very good connectivity with all major cities of Russia through road, rail & air transport. It very well maintained public transport system that includes trams, trolley-buses, metro & taxis. The presence of Kazan International Airport is beneficial for students from India, as they do not have to travel by train from Moscow. The city is also a major tourist attraction and receives thousands of tourists in summer every year.
Related Universities :
- Izhevsk State Medical Academy
- Crimea Federal University
- Bashkir State Medical University
- Kazan State Medical University