Jalalabad State Medical University
Jalalabad State Medical University (Kyrgyzstan)
Jalalabad State Medical University is a government run institution established in 1993. It is located in the city of Jalalabad which is the capital of Jalalabad province/state. JASU (Jalalabad State Medical University) currently offers one of the most affordable MBBS fees in Kyrgyzstan for Indian students who wish to study MBBS abroad. The total MBBS fees in Jalalabad for 2021 (September) is well within affordable range (Indian Rupees 15.31 Lacs) as compared to other countries where Indians travel to pursue medical education. The process of MBBS admission in Jalalabad is simple with minimal documentation (If the student fits in the eligibility criteria).
JASU, Jalalabad functions under the direct administration of Ministry of Health of Kyrgyz Republic and Ministry of Education & Science of Kyrgyzstan. The university started courses in field of engineering & law recently and is hence also known as Jalalabad State University. It is one of those medical colleges in Kyrgyzstan that has gained name & fame for itself in a short span of time by continuously diversifying itself in many fields of education.
The ranking of Jalalabad State Medical University has seen a steady rise in past few years and has come up to 35th spot among all higher education institutions in Kyrgyzstan. The university is more than 25 years and provides training for graduate, post graduate & specialty courses. It is a popular choice among students from Asia region who plan to study MBBS in Kyrgyzstan. Several batches of Indian students have graduated from JASU since the English medium MBBS course in Kyrgyzstan was introduced by university.
What is the total MBBS fees in Jalalabad State Medical University ?
The total MBBS fees in Jalalabad State Medical University is 15.31 Lacs (Indian Rupees) for Indian students. The detailed MBBS fee in Jalalabad for 2021 (September) is given below :
- 1st Year : USD 6,000 / INR 4,20,000
- 2nd-5th/Year : USD 3,970 / INR 2,77,900
- Total Fees : USD 21,880 / INR 15,31,600
* The MBBS fee structure of Jalalabad State Medical University given above includes tuition fees, hostel accommodation, medical checkup, visa extension & one time misc. charges.
What is the MBBS eligibility in Jalalabad State Medical University for Indian students ?
The MBBS eligibility in Jalalabad State Medical University (Kyrgyzstan) for admission of Indian students is as below :
- 50% Marks in PCB (In 12th/Inter/Equivalent)
- NEET qualification (2019/2020/2021)
- Minimum 17 years age (Till 31st December)
How to apply for MBBS admission in Jalalabad State Medical University ?
Students from India and other foreign countries can apply for MBBS admission in Jalalabad through a very simple admission procedure as outlined below :
- Student should submit scans of 10th, 12th/Inter marksheets and NEET qualification (2019/2020/2021).
- University will issue the confirmed admission letter on the basis of documents submitted by candidate.
- Student must submit the scans of valid passport for invitation letter issuance.
- University will issue the invitation letter for study visa & student’s entry to Kyrgyzstan.
- Student must submit original marksheets, passport & few additional documents for study visa from embassy.
- We will assist students for currency exchange & ticket booking before departure from India.
- Student groups are organized at airport and they depart in batches from New Delhi (IGI Airport) to Kyrgyzstan.
- One of our representatives meets the student group at airport in Kyrgyzstan and provides them transport to hostel.
- All formalities of medical checkup, visa extension, contract signing, etc. are completed by our representative in Kyrgyzstan.
* All eligible candidates can apply for MBBS admission in Kyrgyzstan online too (Due to Covid-19 pandemic) or can visit any of our offices given on website with prior appointment.
Is Jalalabad State Medical University recognized by MCI/NMC & WHO ?
Yes, Jalalabad State Medical University is recognized by MCI/NMC (National Medical Commission) as well as WHO (World Health Organization). This clears 2 major doubts for all students as given below :
- All Indian students who get MBBS admission in Jalalabad State Medical University (Kyrgyzstan) can appear in the MCI Screening Test/FMGE/NExT in India. After passing this test, they can work as a registered medical practitioner in India (Either in government & private sector).
- These students can appear in entrance exam of any country for post-graduation as Jalalabad State Medical University is included in the list of recognized/approved medical colleges in Kyrgyzstan published by WHO as per global norms.
What is the ranking of Jalalabad State Medical University in Kyrgyzstan ?
Jalalabad State Medical University ranks on 35th position (According to average of most ranking platforms online) among all higher education institutions in Kyrgyzstan. It is a a popular destination for Indian students and is considered among the few top medical universities of Kyrgyzstan that provide top notch medical education and a very friendly environment for foreigners.
JASU is one of the best medical colleges of Kyrgyzstan which was established in the year 1993. It is one of those institution that gained immense popularity among Indian students within a very short span of time. The college currently has more than 1,000 Indian students studying medicine in English medium.
What is the duration & medium of instruction in Jalalabad State Medical University ?
The total duration of MBBS course in Jalalabad State Medical University is 5 years for Indian students. Few years ago, the duration of MBBS in Jalalabad was 6 years as in neighboring countries. But the college now offers 5 years course in addition to the old 6 years course which is still. Most of the Indian students generally choose the 5 years course as they save 1 year time & expenses too.
The medium of instruction in Jalalabad State Medical University for all foreign students is English. All the tests, exams & classes are conducted in English by teachers/professors/doctors for Indians. In additional to the local Kyrgyz teachers that teach foreign citizens, there are few Indian teachers too. These teachers are specially appointed by the college so as to train & prepare Indian students for the MCI Screening Test/FMGE/NExT.
What is the duration & medium of instruction in Jalalabad State Medical University ?
The faculties at Jalalabad State (Medical) University, Kyrgyzstan that are active at present and provide training to national & foreign students are :
- Faculty of General Medicine
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Nursing Faculty
- Pedagogy, Psychology & Ecology Faculty
- Engineering & Mechanic Faculty
- Literature & Law faculty
- Preparatory/Language Faculty
The faculty of general medicine is the most active faculty and has maximum staff engaged in its management. It receives the most number of applications among all faculties for MBBS admission in Kyrgyzstan. Some new hostels buildings & a new campus have also been built to accommodate the rapidly increasing number of foreign students (From India specially). The new hostels have much better facilities for foreign citizens as compared to the old hostels. Most of the students from India who apply for admission in Jalalabad State Medical University choose to study in faculty of general medicine only.
How are classes conducted in JASU, Jalalabad ?
The classes for Indian students in Jalalabad State Medical University comprise of 12-15 foreign students. These small groups perhaps helps them to learn and understand better. Indians begin their classes with a revision of science subjects and selected medical subjects (Anatomy & Histology) during 1st semester. Apart from this, local language (Kyrgyz/Russian) is also taught as a subject from the very beginning. This helps them to start interacting with local people for their their daily activities outside college/university.
During the first 2 years of MBBS course in Jalalabad, emphasis is given to theoretical subjects. Students attend all of their classes within university campus. From 3rd year onwards, they have to visit hospitals in city and interact with local patients. By this time, Indian students become fluent in local language & do not face any problems in understanding local patients. This makes it easier for them to report back to their professor/doctor in English who evaluates their performance. The time students spend in hospitals for these clinical/practical classes increases with every further year.
What are the hostel facilities in Jalalabad State Medical University for Indian students ?
Several hostels for Indian students in Jalalabad State Medical University are available within the main college campus area. A brief overview of the facilities at hostels is as below :
- All JASU, Jalalabad hostels are located within the main campus & students can attend most classes in college at a walking distance.
- Indians only have to travel out of campus when they have to attend classes in hospitals from 3rd year onwards.
- All the hostels has CCTV surveillance system & fire alarm safety system installed for the safety of foreigners.
- Students can choose 2/3/4 seater rooms which have with study tables & chairs, beds, bed-sheets, wardrobe, lamps, etc.
- They can also submit application to hostel administration, if they wish to the change their room or upgrade it to a 2/3 seater room.
- Indian boys and girls are provided accommodation on separate floors or separate hostels with complete separation.
- The hostels have facilities of kitchens, laundry, sports hall & reading hall within it’s premises on each each floor.
- It is compulsory for Indian students to stay in hostel provided by college during the first year of their MBBS in Jalalabad.
- From 2nd year onwards, they can choose to rent a flat/apartments or continue to stay in college hostel.
- Indian mess facility is available in all hostels of Jalalabad State Medical University where they can have breakfast, lunch & dinner.
- The Indian mess is compulsory for all students in 1st year & they can from vegetarian & non-vegetarian options available.
- All Indian festivals like Diwali, Holi & Eid are also celebrated among Indian students with enthusiasm and joy every year in hostel.
- Jalalabad State Medical University organizes annual sports (Mostly Cricket tournaments) and cultural events for students to showcase their skills & talents.
How is MBBS fees in JASU, Jalalabad paid by Indian students ?
The MBBS fees in Jalalabad can be paid through 2 methods. First & most widely adopted method is by which the students carry the fees with themselves from India. They purchase US Dollars in Delhi before departure & pay after arrival in Kyrgyzstan. Second and the rare one is when the students pays fees through bank loan. As the bank does not provide the loan amount to parent, they ask for the college account number for online transfer. In this method, the candidate must confirm transfer of fees to college immediately after his MBBS admission in Jalalabad State Medical University.
Why to study MBBS in Jalalabad State Medical University, Kyrgyzstan ?
Some of useful facts which might make it easier for a student to decide about studying MBBS in Jalalabad State Medical University are as mentioned below :
- JASU (Jalalabad State Medical University) ranks on 20th spot among all higher education institutions in whole of Kyrgyzstan.
- It has recognition from MCI/NMC (National Medical Commission) as well as WHO, so the medical degree is valid in whole world.
- Even being a not so old medical university of Kyrgyzstan, Jalalabad State Medical University witnesses huge number of admissions.
- The faculty of medicine at JASU is highly experienced & skilled in training Indian students in field of medicine.
- The total duration of MBBS in Jalalabad is “5” years i.e. 1 year less than most of neighboring countries.
- Students get ample exposure to clinical & practical sessions by interacting with local patients in hospitals under doctor’s supervision.
- The total MBBS fees in Jalalabad State Medical University is one of the lowest which any college offers for English medium medical course.
- MBBS admission in Jalalabad State Medical University is quite simple & straight forward with an easily achievable eligibility requirement.
- Indian mess facility is available in all hostel premises so that students do not have to waste time in preparing food themselves.
- By the time students complete their medical course, they have full command over another foreign language too i.e. Kyrgyz/Russian.
Steps after MBBS from Jalalabad State Medical University (Kyrgyzstan) :
Some of the most important points that all Indian students who graduate after MBBS from Jalalabad State Medical University, Kyrgyzstan must be aware of are :
- All Indian students must appear and qualify the MCI Screening Test/FMGE/NExT in India after they receive MD (Physician) degree.
- This MD (Physician) degree equivalent to the MBBS degree in India and has no difference.
- The FMGE (Foreign Medical Graduates Exam)/NeXT (National Exit Test) is organized twice every year i.e. in June & December.
- This is a qualifying exam in online mode and students must score 50% marks to pass it.
- There is no limit to the number of times a student can appear in this exam until he clears it.
- They have to serve 1 year internship in India after clearing this test in any part of India.
- The students get permanent registration in India once they complete their internship in India.
- Doctors can now either work in government/private hospitals or run their own clinics in India or appear in NEET PG too.
- Doctors who want to pursue further PG education in English speaking countries can appear in USMLE, PLAB, NZREX, etc.
- Hundreds of Indians from JASU, Jalalabad have cleared their exams in India & are currently working successfully in India.
About Jalalabad City :
Jalalabad is the capital of Jalalabad province of Kyrgyzstan & is approx. 600 kms from the capital of Kyrgyzstan. It is a city located south of Kugart valley in the foothills of Babash Ata mountain. Jalalabad was a place of interest for archaeologists in the past, but today it’s very lesser known remains are left. Some part of the very well known “Silk Road” also passes through Jalalabad city. The city is very popular for walnuts and natural sceneries. The city of Osh is located at a distance of just 100 kms. from here by road.
An interesting spot in the city is cafe “Ikram Ajy” which is located at a height of 1,000 meters and the whole city of Jalalabad is visible from this place. The city of Jalalabad is a place with serene & peaceful atmosphere which is very close to nature. The medical university is located in the center of city and offers and excellent environment for education. It can be an experience of a life time for students study MBBS in JASU (Jalalabad State Medical University, Jalalabad) and also get an opportunity to get closer to the nature.
Related Universities :
- Osh State Medical University
- Asian Medical Institute
- Kyrgyz State Medical University
- International School of Medicine