Asian Medical Institute
Asian Medical Institute (Kyrgyzstan)
Asian Medical Institute was established in the year 2004 and is located in the Kant city of Kyrgyzstan. The college is named after S. Tentishev and and also known as S. Tentishev Memorial Asian Medical Institute (Also known as ASMI). Asian Medical Institute offers one of the most affordable & lowest MBBS fees in Kyrgyzstan for Indian students who wish to study MBBS abroad. The total MBBS fees in Asian for 2021 (September) is very low (Indian Rupees 14.16 Lacs) as compared to other abroad countries where Indians travel to pursue medical education. The process of MBBS admission in Asian is simple & straight forward with minimal documentation (If the student fits in the eligibility criteria).
ASMI, Kant is located in the outskirts of Bishkek city, which is the capital of Kyrgyzstan. It functions as per the regulations of Ministry of Health and Ministry of Education & Science of Kyrgyzstan. Asian Medical Institute has become one of the most popular medical colleges in Kyrgyzstan & attracts huge number of Indian students every year for MBBS in Kyrgyzstan. The college has well established collaborations with renowned medical universities of US, UK, Europe & several other countries for student exchange programs.
The institute has the sole motive of educating & training eligible students in the field of medicine from Kyrgyzstan. The ranking of Asian Medical Institute has seen a rise in previous few years due to 2 main factors. Firstly, due to the huge increase in number of MBBS admissions in Asian (Especially from India) in past few years. Secondly, ASMI (Kant) has recently set up a new campus too with better infrastructure & facilities to accommodate Indian students.
What is the total MBBS fees in Asian Medical Institute ?
The total MBBS fees in Asian Medical Institute is 14.16 Lacs (Indian Rupees) for Indian students. The detailed MBBS fee in Asian for 2021 (September Session) is given below :
- 1st Year : USD 5,600 / INR 3,92,000
- 2nd-5th/Year : USD 3,660 / INR 2,56,000
- Total Fees : USD 20,240 / INR 14,16,800
* The MBBS fee structure of Asian Medical Institute given above includes tuition fees, hostel accommodation, medical checkup, visa extension & one time misc. charges.
What is the MBBS eligibility in Asian Medical Institute for Indian students ?
The MBBS eligibility in International Asian Medical Institute (Kyrgyzstan) for admission of Indian students is as below :
- 50% Marks in PCB (In 12th/Inter/Equivalent)
- NEET qualification (2019/2020/2021)
- Minimum 17 years age (Till 31st December)
How to apply for MBBS admission in Asian Medical Institute ?
Students from India and other foreign countries can apply for MBBS admission in Asian through a very simple admission procedure as outlined below :
- Student should submit scans of 10th, 12th/Inter marksheets and NEET qualification (2019/2020/2021).
- University will issue the confirmed admission letter on the basis of documents submitted by candidate.
- Student must submit the scans of valid passport for invitation letter issuance.
- University will issue the invitation letter for study visa & student’s entry to Kyrgyzstan.
- Student must submit original marksheets, passport & few additional documents for study visa from embassy.
- We will assist students for currency exchange & ticket booking before departure from India.
- Student groups are organized at airport and they depart in batches from New Delhi (IGI Airport) to Kyrgyzstan.
- One of our representatives meets the student group at airport in Kyrgyzstan and provides them transport to hostel.
- All formalities of medical checkup, visa extension, contract signing, etc. are completed by our representative in Kyrgyzstan.
* All eligible candidates can apply for MBBS admission in Kyrgyzstan online too (Due to Covid-19 pandemic) or can visit any of our offices given on website with prior appointment.
Is Asian Medical Institute recognized by MCI/NMC & WHO ?
Yes, Asian Medical Institute is recognized by MCI/NMC (National Medical Commission) as well as WHO (World Health Organization). This clears 2 major doubts for all students as given below :.
- All Indian students who get MBBS admission in Asian Medical Institute (Kyrgyzstan) can appear in the MCI Screening Test/FMGE/NExT in India. After passing this test, they can work as a registered medical practitioner in India (Either in government & private sector).
- These students can appear in entrance exam of any country for post-graduation as Asian Medical Institute is included in the list of recognized/approved medical colleges in Kyrgyzstan published by WHO as per global norms.
What is the ranking of Asian Medical Institute in Kyrgyzstan ?
Asian Medical Institute ranks on 20th position (According to average of most ranking platforms online) among all higher education institutions in whole country of Kyrgyzstan. It is a much newer college in comparison to other top medical universities of Kyrgyzstan like Osh, Jalalabad & Kyrgyz State Medical Academy.
ASMI is one of the best medical colleges of Kyrgyzstan which was established in the year 2004. It is one of those institution that gained immense popularity among Indian students within a very short span of time. The college currently has more than 700 Indian students studying medicine in English medium.
What is the duration & medium of instruction in Asian Medical Institute ?
The total duration of MBBS course in Asian Medical Institute is 5 years for Indian students. Few years ago, the duration of MBBS in Asian was 6 years as in neighboring countries. But the college now offers 5 years course in addition to the old 6 years course which is still. Most of the Indian students generally choose the 5 years course as they save 1 year time & expenses too.
The medium of instruction in Asian Medical Institute for all foreign students is English. All the tests, exams & classes are conducted in English by teachers/professors/doctors for Indians. In additional to the local Kyrgyz teachers that teach foreign citizens, there are few Indian teachers too. These teachers are specially appointed by the college so as to train & prepare Indian students for the MCI Screening Test/FMGE/NExT.
What are the teaching faculties in ASMI, Kant ?
The faculties at Asian Medical College (Kyrgyzstan) that are active at present and provide training to national & foreign students are :
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Nursing Faculty
- Preparatory/Language Faculty
The faculty of general medicine is the most active faculty and has maximum staff engaged in its management. It receives the most number of applications among all faculties for MBBS admission in Kyrgyzstan. A new campus was also inaugurated recently to accommodate the huge number of Indians especially. The new campus building, it’s infrastructure & facilities are much better & advanced as compared to the old campus. Most of the students from India who apply for admission in Asian Medical Institute choose to study in faculty of general medicine only.
How are classes conducted in ASMI, Kant ?
The classes for Indian students in Asian Medical Institute comprise of 12-15 foreign students. These small groups perhaps helps them to learn and understand better. Indians begin their classes with a revision of science subjects and selected medical subjects (Anatomy & Histology) during 1st semester. Apart from this, local language (Kyrgyz/Russian) is also taught as a subject from the very beginning. This helps them to start interacting with local people for their their daily activities outside college/university.
During the first 2 years of MBBS course in Asian, emphasis is given to theoretical subjects. Students attend all of their classes within university campus. From 3rd year onwards, they have to visit hospitals in city and interact with local patients. By this time, Indian students become fluent in local language & do not face any problems in understanding local patients. This makes it easier for them to report back to their professor/doctor in English who evaluates their performance. The time students spend in hospitals for these clinical/practical classes increases with every further year.
What are the hostel facilities in Asian Medical Institute for Indian students ?
Several hostels for Indian students in Asian Medical Institute are available within the main college campus area. A brief overview of the facilities at hostels is as below :
- All ASMI, Kant hostels are located within the main campus & students can attend most classes in college at a walking distance.
- Indians only have to travel out of campus when they have to attend classes in hospitals from 3rd year onwards.
- All the hostels has CCTV surveillance system & fire alarm safety system installed for the safety of foreigners.
- Students can choose 2/3/4 seater rooms which have with study tables & chairs, beds, bed-sheets, wardrobe, lamps, etc.
- They can also submit application to hostel administration, if they wish to the change their room or upgrade it to a 2/3 seater room.
- Indian boys and girls are provided accommodation on separate floors or separate hostels with complete separation.
- The hostels have facilities of kitchens, laundry, sports hall & reading hall within it’s premises on each each floor.
- It is compulsory for Indian students to stay in hostel provided by college during the first year of their MBBS in Asian.
- From 2nd year onwards, they can choose to rent a flat/apartments or continue to stay in college hostel.
- Indian mess is available in all hostels of Asian medical institute where they can have breakfast, lunch & dinner.
- Indian mess is compulsory for all students in 1st year & they can from vegetarian & non-vegetarian options available.
- All Indian festivals like Diwali, Holi & Eid are also celebrated among Indian students with enthusiasm and joy every year in hostel.
- Asian Medical Institute organizes annual sports (Mostly Cricket tournaments) and cultural events for students to showcase their skills & talents.
How is MBBS fees in Asian, Kant paid by Indian students ?
The MBBS fees in Asian can be paid through 2 methods. First & most widely adopted method is by which the students carry the fees with themselves from India. They purchase US Dollars in Delhi before departure & pay after arrival in Kyrgyzstan. Second and the rare one is when the students pays fees through bank loan. As the bank does not provide the loan amount to parent, they ask for the college account number for online transfer. In this method, the candidate must confirm transfer of fees to college immediately after his MBBS admission in Asian Medical Institute.
Why to study MBBS in Asian Medical Institute, Kyrgyzstan ?
Some of useful facts which might make it easier for a student to decide about studying MBBS in Asian Medical Institute are as mentioned below :
- ASMI (Asian Medical Institute) ranks on 20th spot among all higher education institutions in whole of Kyrgyzstan.
- It has recognition from MCI/NMC (National Medical Commission) as well as WHO, so the medical degree is valid in whole world.
- Even being a not so old medical university of Kyrgyzstan, Asian Medical Institute witnesses huge number of admissions.
- The faculty of medicine at ASMI is highly experienced & skilled in training Indian students in field of medicine.
- The total duration of MBBS in Asian is “5” years i.e. 1 year less than most of neighboring countries.
- Students get ample exposure to clinical & practical sessions by interacting with local patients in hospitals under doctor’s supervision.
- The total MBBS fees in Asian Medical Institute is one of the lowest which any college offers for English medium medical course.
- MBBS admission in Asian Medical Institute is quite simple & straight forward with an easily achievable eligibility requirement.
- Indian mess facility is available in all hostel premises so that students do not have to waste time in preparing food themselves.
- By the time students complete their medical course, they have full command over another foreign language too i.e. Kyrgyz/Russian.
Steps after MBBS from Asian Medical Institute (Kyrgyzstan) :
Some of the most important points that all Indian students who graduate after MBBS from Asian Medical Institute, Kyrgyzstan must be aware of are :
- All Indian students must appear and qualify the MCI Screening Test/FMGE/NExT in India after they receive MD (Physician) degree.
- This MD (Physician) degree equivalent to the MBBS degree in India and has no difference.
- The FMGE (Foreign Medical Graduates Exam)/NeXT (National Exit Test) is organized twice every year i.e. in June & December.
- This is a qualifying exam in online mode and students must score 50% marks to pass it.
- There is no limit to the number of times a student can appear in this exam until he clears it.
- They have to serve 1 year internship in India after clearing this test in any part of India.
- The students get permanent registration in India once they complete their internship in India.
- Doctors can now either work in government/private hospitals or run their own clinics in India or appear in NEET PG too.
- Doctors who want to pursue further PG education in English speaking countries can appear in USMLE, PLAB, NZREX, etc.
- Hundreds of Indians from ASMI, Kant have cleared their exams in India & are currently working successfully in India.
About Kant City :
Kant is a city in the valley of Northern Kyrgyzstan and is the administrative center of Ysyk-Ata district (Earlier called Kant). The city was established in 1928. The city is also a industrial service center for whole region of Kant region & is situated 20 kms. from the capital of Kyrgyzstan i.e. Bishkek city. The name of this city is derived from the word “Kant” (In Kyrgyz language) which means “sugar” in English. It is named after a sugar plant that was established here in 1930. The city of Kant is one of the most beautiful and peaceful cities in Kyrgyzstan. Such atmosphere of the city helps foreign students lead a peaceful life that is ideal for education.
The city of Bishkek is the most important education hub in Kyrgyzstan with several renowned medical universities. One of them is ASMI (S. Tentishev Asian Memorial Medical Institute. The city is also very well connected by road & rail to all major places in Kyrgyzstan through Bishkek. Manas International Airport is located only 40 kms. from Asian Medical Institute. Being located so close to capital of Kyrgyzstan, the students are able to visit Bishkek frequently during vacations & even on weekends.
Related Universities :
- Osh State Medical University
- Jalalabad State Medical University
- Kyrgyz State Medical University
- International School of Medicine